Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: K9 Karen and Cody need our prayers

Oh, my dear, dear, sweet loving friends... I hope I can type this, as the tears are just flowing like a river..... My wonderful vet, Dr. Fox, saw Cody last night. He immediately pulled his Jan 16 Xray of his thorax, chest, as that was the day he had his "stroke", which actually was older dog vertigo. He looked at the Xrays, and all was clear as a bell. Apparently, he has "eraser" size dots of cancer in his lungs as it masticized from somewhere else. His right leg isn't as swollen, but it is still huge. He can put pressure on it. The color of his skin under the fur is actually black, as of this morning, are his genitals, as he is "bleeding out" from somewhere. Right now he is barking at the gardners across the street but not his usual rough and tough bark, but enough to let them know they are in his territory! Saturday morning he was fine, ran down our slope in the back to bark at Loco, the lovely pitbull one house down. Later that night he could hardly get up or sit, I thought it was his arthritis from his ACL surgery. His left leg was tucked undeneath him. I gave him Rimydal and gated him in the den with me, so he couldn't do even 5 steps. I concentrated so much on the left leg, massaging and heat pack, that even tho I noticed his right knee "thick" he kept laying on that side so I didn't even see that it was swollen until the vet on Monday pointed it out. The vet (not Dr F.) called me late Monday night at 10p to tell me to take him to the emergency clinic ASAP, as he was EXTREMELY anemic. Since his records were faxed over, they took him right away, even with a room of 20 other people. By 1am, the new blood tests were back and his clotting factor was down, gums were light pink. So when they called me at work on Tuesday to give me the bad news, I almost passed out and had to take a cab home. I could barely handle the one day without him. The nurse neighbor thinks it's bone cancer in that leg, if animals react similar you humans, it would be very swollen. I got some mild pain killer this morning, smoething like Vioxx for dogs, as I didn't want a narcotic. He's still alert and loving, took him on a car ride today . He's still eating and because of all the steroids they gave him, pees every 1/2 hour, but I don't care. In the major skeme of things, it's so minor not to get sleep. I feel no guilt about anything. I never complained about taking him out at 3am (he never, ever peed in the house, even at 5 weeks) or walk every night for an hour even tho I was ill or exhausted. I'm just afraid to face the extreme pain of not having him in my life any more. I still had him after my dad died. Even though I know my dad will be there waiting, I'm having the worse time facing it..that I won't see those big brown eyes, my velcro pal won't cover me with hair, lay on the bed as I get dressed so he can play outside, sit and stare as I make his dinner..dog hair everywhere no matter how much I vacuum... The pain is unbearable. I feel like I'm having a heart attack. . I waited 41 years to get a dog, never played with dolls, always stuffed dogs. My first, premier dog, love of my life. A man and woman at the vet this morning walked from the back room in tears, and I knew right away, so I stopped her, burst into tears, told her, and she was so glad I was there, like an angel to comfort her. I felt her pain so badly, I had to sit down, I just lost it. Dr Fox gave me his home phone number, as he was the first to see Cotes at 4 weeks, and loved him dearly. He said I was the best owner, knew every inch of him and took great care of him. He even cried. I wouldn't want anyone else with me when the time comes. He said I would know too, so I hope all of you are right. I rambled enough, I had to get it off my chest, thank you for maybe reading this. I hope I still have a job, will probably show my face tomorrow. I;ve been taking lots of pictures since it snowed, and today, so as soon as I get them developed, my friend will post them. All these years, and "SLAP MYSELF" I hardly posted a picture. Shame on me. Procrastinated and stupidity. Big regrets on this. At least Cody didn't change one bit- as soon as I aimed the camera, he turned and walked away! Imagine, the goof=ball being camera shy when I have to tap him with the vacuum to move..... I'll stop now......I can NEVER repay your kindness. Just keep praying he goes peacefully without suffering too much, it's all I can ask for him. He deserves it.. Lots and lots of love to all.....Karen

It's all I can do to fight back the tears Karen.

I can't even imagine what you are going through right now, and I'm sorry I don't have something spectacular to say to make you smile; but know, my heart aches for the both of you as I write this. I haven't been around as long as alot of the others, but I knew how much you loved your boy. Enjoy every last minute you have with him.
    Your friend
    Anna {{{HUGS}}}

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

You and Cody remain in my prayers. I know how your heart is shattering right now. At least you know your Dad will be there to greet him and watch over him when the time comes. I know my parents are spoiling all my RB pets rotten right now.

We are here for you if you need us.

Karen, I am crying so hard, I can barely type. As soon as I compose myself, I'll write more, but now I can't.

Just want you to know that I am with you, right there. I feel your pain totally. Must go.....crying too hard.......
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

I'm trying not to cry too, it's so sad. Nothing I can say can make you feel better, but you know how wonderful Cody is, as we all do. It's great that your dad will be there waiting for him, and I pray that when the time does come, he goes peacefully and without suffering. I'm praying for you, also, I can only imagine how hard this is on you.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Oh Karen

I can say I have recently been where you are right now and my heart aches for you. Spend every second you can with him - it is a precious time for you both.

But I can also say you will know when he needs you to make a decision. He trusts you to do the right thing and he'll love you even more for your courage!

I've never had the opportunity to meet you, but I know that I along with everyone else here want you to know that if you need to talk you need only ask. There isn't a one of us who is not feeling your pain right now.

Karen, please know that you and Cody are in my heart and mind. I think all of us here are crying many tears and feeling your heartbreak. Sending prayers and love and hugs across the miles for you both.

much love
    Chris

Karen, I completely understand what you are going through. I couldn't work or eat or sleep. All I wanted to do was be with my beloved Magic - a cat of a lifetime!!

Bless you for being such a loving and caring human for Cody. You have been brought together for a reason and truly will always be in each other's heart.

Not everyone would understand, but I used to put my hand on Magic and ask him if he could feel it - the pure love coming right from my heart to him. I know that this is how you feel about Cody.

Prayers will continue for you both.

Gini

I pray that Cody doesn't suffer too much.

I wish I could be with you dear, sweet friend to wipe away your tears and hold you tight. If you can, try, try, try to take some comfort in knowing that for all of the days of his life, your beautiful Cody, your best and most loyal friend, has known how very loved he is. It is the hardest thing we face as guardians of our beloved friends; letting them go. But I am so grateful to know you have such a caring vet to be there for you to lean on, to cry with, to share your memories with. And you know that each and everyone of us is there with you in spirit, sending you all the strength, love and support we can muster. Cody is the luckuest dog on earth to have such a devoted Mom like you. He will let you know, Karen. And when he does, as painful as it is for you, he will thank you for being so brave and selfless. Love you friend. Please give Cody the biggest hug you can. Love, Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Tears flowing down my face as I write this ........ dear Karen.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. At least Cody is with you, and when it is his time, he will let you know. I wish you strength, love and laughter in this very difficult time.
    Thanks so much for telling us what has been happening, even though it must have been so hard for you.

In our thoughts always
    Love Captain, Ruby and Jo
    (and me, Michelle)

P.S. As for dolls - BAH - stuffed dogs were always better!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Karen, have strength, he's still with you. Mourn him when he's gone, but not now. Shower him with love, laughter, hugs, kisses, but no tears....not yet. There will be enough time for that later...
    I pray for strength to help you through this. My heart is with you. Someone once said that Rainbow Bridge is a reward, not a punishment. I believe that.

I, too, had a favorite stuffed wolf, named Wolfie. What did I name my heart dog? Wolf.

Did the doctor say there is any treatment for this? Anything you can do? Any cancer protocols? Anything to fight this with?
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Sue is so right Karen. Get down on the floor and smell the scent of his sweet fur, bury your face in his soft neck, whisper in his ear "I love you," kiss his paws, laugh when you can. I know how hard it is for you, but he is still with you and is craving your love. Yes, shower him with love and I think your heart will feel a little lighter. {{{hugs}}}

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

<picks up Prayer Line> <dials God>

Hello, God ~

A Prayer for Karen and Cody...

Dear God,
    Please reach down wiffa GodsPawz and hold
    Karen and Cody reel tite ~
    Till it's tyme to call Cody up to Your Howze.

And when that tyme comes ~
    Could You have Cody's GranPaw stand on
    the Bridge - to help guide him Home?

And God - Please leave the Lites On,
    for Cody...

Thanks God.

/s/ the PrayerPupz
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Phred,

Beautiful ..................
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."