Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Medical help for cat in Baltimore, MD

Xena,
    As I told you in my earlier email, I think he is beautiful!! Bless his heart...he looks comfortable and I just know he will get better and better.
    The Webshots is acting up tonight and I'm going to be gone all day tomorrow, so I emailed his picture to Sandra to see if she will try in the morning. We need his face plastered right here!!
    Have a good Saturday everyone.
    Logan

Introducing Toby:

Thank you Leah for posting his pic. I tried using Webshots but must have done it wrong.
    Toby is starting to explore his surroundings today. He is so affectionate but scares very easily. We are making steady progress though and he is eating really well too. I have started him on a mix of kitten food and the Whiskas today. I will decrease the Whiskas daily and add more kitten food as you suggested.
    Thanks again,
    Xena

Here is precious Toby!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Just saw Leah already did. Sorry Logan.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I think two doses of Toby is better than one!!! I think he is precious....and it helps to put a face with the name. Xena, I'm so happy that sweet Toby will be with you over Christmas.

Thanks Sandra, for posting that, and Leah too!

And here is a newer picture of Toby, feeling all better, thank goodness!! Xena reports that Toby likes sleeping on her son's bed now.....isn't he just wonderful???

Thank you Logan for posting Toby's Pic. He is eating like a horse (pardon the expression)and even has a belly now. lol He has stopped scratching and chewing at himself so bad. His skin is really clearing up nicely. I think the cortisone is kicking in. Now to get the dental work done and Toby will be on his way to hopefully many years so he can enjoy a loving and safe future. Thank you everyone for all the prayers, support, advice and donations. You are wonderful and may God Bless all of you!
    Xena

Xena, I think BosMom may have mentioned that I, too, live in MD and only now have picked up on this thread.. If I can help in any way $$ or ANYTHING please reply.. is there an address that I may have missed to help with the bills sorry I'm so late with the offer but better late then never at least I hope so
    laurie
    ~ at least I'm not...

Hi Laurie
    No it is not too late. Toby goes in next week for an estimate on the dental work he is going to need. Thank you so much for offering to help. I will email you the Animal Hospital address he is going to where they have started the fund for him. Toby and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
    Xena

Xena, please email me that address, too. It will probably be next month before I can do anything, but if he is indeed going to need ongoing care then funds may still be needed then, too.

Xena, count me in on the $$ donations, I won't be able to contribute until next month but I'd like to be prepared.
    Toby looks a lot like our Gaucho, who now lives happily ever after in NJ (he and Bo didn't get along). I am so glad this story is turning out to have a happy ending!

Hi Everyone!
    I was able to get Toby an appointment for the dental estimate on December 27th. They said due to the holidays they can not make anymore appointments til then. Well at least we were able to get one for this month and then we can find out all that needs to be done. Toby is still doing great and picking up weight nicely.
    Thanks,
    Xena

And Xena has also reported that Toby is purring for her too!!! Say it with me.... "Awwwwwwwwww"!!! Reading that made my day!!!!

Xena, you are God's gift to cats, in my opinion, with lots of help from Connie(BosMom)first, then the other "cyber angels" who are going to help Toby out financially.

Happy Holidays to all of you, and LOTS AND LOTS of HUGS to Toby from me, please.

Logan

Hi Everyone!
    Well Toby and I just got back from the Dental Clinic. We have good news and not so good news.

Good News
    Toby has gone from 8 lbs 3 oz to 11 lbs.
    He is picking up weight great!

The Dental Vet thinks he can save the right K-9 and his other teeth.

Not So Good News
    He definately has to remove the one K-9 and clean the black tartar off each individual tooth. Then treat his gums. Toby's gums have receded exposing parts of his teeth that are not suppose to be exposed and they are absessed.

Bad News
    Toby is missing a large part of his tongue. This has been why Toby has had so much trouble cleaning himself and eating. He is hoping that it is just from a past trauma. But he will not be sure until he goes in and is able to pull the tongue out to examine it. There is a thing called Neo Placia (not sure of the spelling) which causes the tongue to recede because of a mass that grows on it. If it is this it is cancerous.

I am so upset right now because Toby has got to be the sweetest most lovable cat there is and it just isn't fair. I am praying it is just from past trauma and that he has adjusted well to eating with a partial tongue. He can not eat canned food unless I clump it and make balls for him. Dry food is out of the question. But he is able to eat Whiskas so I have been giving him 6 packets a day and he has been doing great with it. He grabs a chunk and wings it to the back of his throat to swallow it. Now I understand why he is doing it. He will always need special care because he can not clean himself well. But he is sooooo good with anything you do with him I just use kitty wipes to clean him up.

Since Toby has began purring he purrs constantly now. He loves to roll on his back and be scratched on his chest and under his chin. He talks to you constantly and you can see the pleasure in his eyes when he sees you. He loves to be held like a baby now and purrs away. The dental vet poked and prodded in his mouth for 10 min never once did Toby hiss, growl or meow. He is so good it is amazing. He also loves his catnip pad that Santa gave him and he looks like a kitten when he rolls around on it. lol

Now for the estimate. Toby will need to be under anasthesia a mininum of an hour and a half maybe longer depending on what the vet finds out about his tongue also if he has to take a biopsy. With the hospitalization, surgery, anasthesia, tests etc etc etc the estimated bill is $799.00. I know my eyes popped out of my head too. But Toby is worth it and I will find a way to get him through this. Thanks you so much for the donations. The Animal Clinic said that Toby's fund is up to $130.00 and I think that is great! God Bless everyone who is helping it is greatly appreciated.

Xena