Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Two Sightless Wee Rescues

Near Seattle in the beautiful Pacific Northwest

Way to Go QScoop!

Pippin puts in his thanks for not giving into the "short-sighted vet" and giving the little ones a chance. He was born blind and somehow made it to a shelter and then found his home with us. He lives a VERY normal life with his 4 brothers and enteretains us with pip-flips on the couch, races around the house chasing William and Tiger and is an A #1 mooch at dinner time!

Here's our boy and he says you're the BEST!

Tiger, Percy, Antoinette, Scooter,Norbert,Willy, Pippin
    www.tribeof7.com

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Pippen is absolutely adorable! Noserubs from Gracie & Gabriel (and me) to the handsome boy. And tell him...I usually go by gut instinct, and not what the White Coats say LOL! And it worked out purrfect!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

catcrazylady

Originally posted by catcrazylady
    AWWWWWWe! Jan they just melt my heart! I swear if I didn't have a house full I would take in only blind cats. I have learned so much from Magoo. These babies will actually do better than him since they have never known sight. I hope they find a forever home soon so they can learn their new suroundings and play, play, play!! Thank you for standing up for these two cuties. I hope the wonderful home comes along soon.
    Please keep us posted on these little ones.
    I am the decision was made to give those precious kittens a chance. It is not fair for them to be enthunized when they are not really in any pain.

Hi there. I am pretty new to this board. I just love it and you guys are so cool. It is nice to find people who share the same love for cats as I do.

I have seen some of your posts about Magoo. My mom had a cat and he was blind. She named him Magoo as well. He looked very similar to your Magoo. I have a picture of him.

Annie
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Happiness is the little things in life.

So sweet and innocent Good luck with their progress!
    Thor, Belle & Scout's Mom

Does anyone know what happened with Gracie & Gabriel? I hope they got a home together and thrive.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

They went with catlover4ever! Look at her siggy

They turned out to be beautiful babies, with a great forever home

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

AND A BLIND CAT IS NOT LIKE A BLIND PERSON.
    THEY DO NOT USE THIER SENSE OF SIGHT NEARLY AS MUCH AS WE DO, THEY USE THIER SENSES OF SMELL , HEARING AND THIER WHISKERS FAR MORE THAN SEEING THINGS.
    WE ARE GLAD THAT THEY AHVE FURREVER HOMES WAITING , AND BLESS YOU JAN FOR GIVING THESE LITTLE ONES A SECOND CHANCE.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Does anyone know what happened with Gracie & Gabriel? I hope they got a home together and thrive.
    Yes they have been with me since November of 2004. We were very hesitant to adopt these two because of their blindness but they have amazed my DH and I on a dialy basis since become part of the family 4 years ago.

Gracie had her real bad eye removed and has lost all sight in her other eye, but she is the best mouse catcher out of all my babies. Gabriel or Dude as we now call him gets into quite a bit of trouble and loves to play with Gracie as well as Vegas and Abner. They love to go outside and be supervised. They love to roll in the grass and catnip garden as well as chase bugs all over the place. I have no need in my house for a fly swatter because I have Gracie and Dude and they can narrow in on the smallest bug in the house and then devour it in seconds.

They have been the best addition to my family and I am so very glad that I adopted them. Here are a few recent photos of them.

Gabriel (AKA Dude)

Thank you for asking about them --- Meg and the Fur Crew

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

they sure are the luckiest cats to get trapped in a very bad area and be transported to another state to the best home ever

How do they catch the bugs outside being blind?
    being in a happy/loving home always makes everything all better doesn't it?

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix