Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: cats eat the dangdest things!

My cats like to lick the bowl of my ice-cream. He loves it, he makes his rounds by getting my whole family's icecream!! HE also likes to throw around q-tips, then he trys to eat them.

One of my cats, Hollow, LOVES to eat crickets... but the problem is, whenever he gets one, he ALWAYS throws up... YUCK! Grem Lynne, another of my cats, loves to catch the crickets, but doesn't eat them- instead she puts them in my malamute's food dish! LOL

------------------
    Kodak Moment the malamute/husky, Keesha Marie the cocker/field spaniel?, Fuji Film the chow/aussie?, Secretariat and Grem Lynne the unrelated brown tabby and white DSH, Hollow and Sparky, father/daughter black DSH, Cheyenne Autumn my pride and joy TB, Matastar's Morning Star my Rocky Mountain horse colt, and the birds!

My old cat, Blueberry, liked to eat dresses, period.
    Raspberry like to eat raw meat and cornbread.
    Tabby likes cat food.

------------------
    ~Maylo~

Maddie loves Pistacchio nuts. She is really good about not eating stuff. But once I offered her a pistacchio and she loved it!

My boyfriend's cat Tardis will eat anything! Carpet fuzz, earings, berrets, rings, pencils, underwear, socks,etc. Recently, while we were gone, he pried open a can of cat treats and ate all of them. And some of the container. Apparently he didn't bother to chew, because when he threw them up again they were whole. He tried to eat them again, but we intervened.

My cat would like to eat lint from the dryer (we do not let him)!! We make sure when dumping the lint out not to drop any otherwise kitty scoops it up!!

my cat shadow eats anything that is a liguid!!! i onca gave him a bit of my freeze and he ate it but i stopped cuz it has a lot of chemicals!!!!!! i als ogave him yogurt, honey and vanilla icecream! only to taste ! my cat won't eat any wet food unless you give it to him from you're hand !!!!!!
    he;s so wierd!!

S25-Your post reminds me of an episode of Seinfeld. Any old fans know what I'm talking about? Hint: !!!!

[This message has been edited by 4 feline house (edited June 09, 2001).]

We put some hot-dogs on the BBQ a while back and made baked beans, and our 6-month old orange kitten came around begging for food as he always does. I pinched off a tiny piece of h.dog and handed it to him. He sniffed it but would not eat it, and kept staring at me. Finally I just picked out a bean and gave it to him, and he LOVED it- kept asking for more! Now when we have beans, whether it is baked beans or navy beans or whatever, he gets a few. But only a few! If beans effect cats the way they do humans, it's probably not a good idea.....

My big orange cat Murf loves anything with mint. He nibbles the mint plant in the garden, which is good for his digestion.

But he also likes the mint in certain medicines like astringent face cleaner or Absorbine Jr., a rub for sore muscles. These are definitely NOT good for his digestion! So, if I want to use those products, I have to wait until I'm away from the house. Otherwise, I get a sandpaper tongue bath.

And, when I use mint flavored toothpaste, he always waits for a taste. I just put a tiny bit of foam on my finger and he licks it up. Not enough to harm, just enough to satisfy. What we don't do for our pets!!!!

[This message has been edited by TheAntiPam (edited June 25, 2001).]

My feline friend, Greymeow, would try on any human food. He has been found eating chestnut cake, chinese herbal jelly, coconut milk, etc. In order to make sure he doesn't miss any good food, he sniffs everything you bring out from the kitchen, especially the fridge! He has once tried the coffee but he didn't like it.

Several months ago, I fell and hurt my cheek. I was told that the mark would soon fade away if I rub some vitamin E into it. So I brought home a bottle of vitamin E capsules. I was surprised Greymeow came running when I was applying. I let him taste a little and you guess what, he licked it onto his fur!

My Thelma likes bananas and kiwifruit ... just to poke her teeth through, however. (She loves the texture of the skin.) If you peel the banana and offer it to her, she has no interest. But I have to store my bananas inside a cabinet instead of out on the counter! She is also a big fan of lettuce (as a toy) and real mayonaisse (no "fat free" for her!)

Thelma also loves my body lotion. It has a pump dispenser, and she loves to lick the little bit that clings to the pump. I have to push her out of the way in the morinings to use the sink.

My Weezie loves plastic bags, rubber bands, and the plastic "ends" of band-aids. I have to be very diligent about keeping these away from her, particularly rubber bands. She will unzip my mother's purse, pull out her wallet (which she wraps in a rubber band) and carry it down the hall in her teeth.

Catwoman

I found out what my cats won't eat. Apparently Haggis is to nasty for my cats. I got some at the Scottish festival, tried a bite, barfed, then brought the rest to my cats. They turned thier backs and wagged thier tails as if they thought I was trying to poison them!
    -Our Lady of Housecats

HAGGIS!! You really thought they would eat that!?!?

What is it???