Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: *2003 Christmas Card List* Updates and Notices

Originally posted by micki76
    Just a suggestion for next year. Maybe everyone could send the names of the people they want included on the cards when they send in their info. My cards are already ready to be sent out except for the picture I’m hoping to take and include. My cards were addressed to the people that we on the list sent by Tonya. Many people are going to get cards addressed exactly as on the list. I can redo some, but I really don’t want to go to the extra expense to purchase more cards and redo them. I have extras, but I was intending to use those for the stragglers. Please try to include everyone you want on the cards in when you send the info to the list coordinators next year, as redoing can make this an even more expensive thing for all of us.

This is just a suggestion for the future and I hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings.
    I think I already had everyone when I sent my address anyway, I don't really care. But just wanted to let everyone know if they put the animals names that that is what they are, although I think I already did that. I know last year a LOT of people write the pet names, and it was fun. There was even a thing about who could wrote all of Jen's cats names on the card lol!

I don't think anyone would have you redo them, it's too much work. I am sure we will all be happy to just get a card!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Oh, and I have to admit, that unless the husband/boyfriend is active on PT also, I found it a bit odd that their names were included on the list. I mean, they know that you're the one that's active here, and the card is really to the whole family anyway - inlcluding the furkids, so what's the big deal with who exactly the card is addressed to? Maybe I'm wrong here, and maybe there's something I'm missing because it's my first time but......
    I think it's weird, a little uncomfortable actually that they don't include everyone, especially my son. I post pics of my son all the time, and to think they wouldn't write his name, or at least to the family or something like that makes me a little sad........but that's me and that's how I feel, but no biggy I guess.

It'd be like leaving a pet out.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

In an earlier thread someone (I believe Sara luvs Her Tinky) asked for everyone to send the card information as they would like it to appear on the cards/envelopes. I thought everyone would act upon that suggestion, thus what you sent to me went directly to the list.

Nom's going to take over the list for a bit as I have finals coming up. However, we will both be sending out a new final list--it will not be a pdf file though.

Well I like to put the PT person's name, and then "And Family", so if someone sent me a card it would be: To luckies4me and Family. I think that's the easiest thing.

Can't wait to get the final list and get my cards started. I still haven't started making them..........although I may opt for store bought cards this year.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

I don't want this to sound as if I am directing this to anyone in particular, but I think the important thing to to send the cards out...try to include as many names as you can or know, or whatever, but send the cards And maybe more importantly be thankful to get the cards, not worry so much about a misspelling or an accidental oversight on a name.

Amy - I couldn't agree more

Cass, I added Dan and Dylan's names, and the pets names were already there.

Guys,

I am afraid that if you were on the original list then your card has already been signed and sealed, and is on the way to you! So if any pets/partners etc weren't included in the original list, then I'm sorry but they won't be in my cards either

I did make the first set of amendments:

KAK - your name and Sunnys are spelled correctly , and

Johanna (Cataholic) I DID change your postal code, so you should get yours!

I will be sending out the stragglers on the amended list from the 25th November.

Personally, taking the spirit of Christmas and the card-swop to heart, I don't mind if my name is miss-spelled, or other details are left off - it's the excitement of receiving great cards from all over the world that really counts for me!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Same here.

I promise I'll be happy with any card. (Actually I'm hopping up and down in my chair because I think it's so much fun )

Originally posted by Barbara
    Same here.

I promise I'll be happy with any card. (Actually I'm hopping up and down in my chair because I think it's so much fun )
    Me too!!! Honestly, how are we expected to know everyone's partner's names and their children??? This is pushing it as far as I'm concerned. My labels are all done and they are addressed exactly as per the list and if anyone takes offence of this, well, I'll just apologize and never participate again.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Originally posted by slick
    My labels are all done and they are addressed exactly as per the list and if anyone takes offence of this, well, I'll just apologize and never participate again.
    Not me! If someone takes offense, then maybe they shouldn't participate next year.

Don't stress about it! I'm with Micki.. if someone complains about it THEY can stay out of it next year

How about we all just focus on the fact that a WORLD WIDE network of people - most of whom we've never met or even talked to in real time - is sending us a token of friendship? Who cares if a name is spelled wrong, or a name is overlooked.. I think the fact that someone took the time and money to send a card from their own homes means a LOT. I mean, here are a bunch of strangers exchaning addresses on the internet and not really worrying about it.. where else online can that be done!

It's Christmas! Time to be greatful for what you have, not be upset about what was/might be missed!

Thanks Naomi, my thoughts exactly but I didn't want to say it. You know, there's always a risk of offending someone.

Would Richard be offended because I didn't include his Mother?? No.

Would Edwina's Sec be offended because I didn't include Basement Girl?? I think not.

If people are going to be all bent out of shape because of the way the envelope is addressed, then I say, get a life and don't sweat the small stuff. There's more important things to be worried about than that.

I chose to participate because I truly care about all of you, and that's all I got to say about that.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Well said Naomi and Slick!

Could I add my two cents and stop to give Naomi and Tonya a big

THANK YOU

for all of the trouble you have gone to for all of us?

Why would anyone complain about Christmas cards?

I agree with Naomi and Slick as well. This is supposed to be a pleasant thing. What's up with people lately?

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I agree with Naomi, Slick, Gini and Dukedogsmom! My points exactly!

And since Barbara is hopping up and down with excitement, just waiting for them to all start arriving, I'm going to do my level best to get at least the out-of-country ones done this weekend.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl