Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Mom, I don't want to stay here!

Rachel I have all of my fingers and toes crossed that little Hannah will eat today and be able to keep it down. What a happy thought that she might be able to come home. I know exactly what you mean when you say that what the vet says makes sense on the phone and after you get off it sort of jumbles. The words he says are so reassuring and you want to play them over in your mind exactly as you heard them because there is comfort in them but are unable to and then fear sets in again. Try to focus on the good things he is telling you and take one day at a time. Easier said than done I know! For now just smother that little Tucker guy with lots of kisses and hugs (which I know you are doing) because it will make BOTH of you feel so much better. Bella and I send you hugs and wish there was more we could do.

Rachel, I feel so bad for having missed this post - still no computer access over the weekend. I hope that sweet Hannah is feeling better. We are all thinking of her over here. I pray that you will have good news today and that you will be able to take her home soon. Rachel take care of yourself I know you must be really worried. Tucker, be brave for your mom and a huge kiss to Hannah.

Just checking in on Hannah before I go to school. I really hope she's held down food and/or water. I want to see the pretty girl go home.

All of our thoughts, prayers, and well wishes are still being sent your way, Rachel. I wish I could do more.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Rachel, Hannah is the first thing on my mind this morning, I am so worried about her, but it sounds like things are looking up. I just know how hard it is for you to be away from her. Many people consider dogs just dogs but we know better, Hannah and Daisy are the light of our lives. As Bridget says Hannah is a tough cookie and she will be o.k. I love the fact that Hannah decides where she and the Vet will walk. That's our Hannah all right. Hopefully she will get to come home today and continue to get well. Give our sweet, sweet Tucker a hug and kiss from us.
    You are going to have to give Hannah tons and tons of hugs and kisses when she comes home from all of us.
    Jackie

Rachel - please keep us posted on your baby. I'm so sorry to hear about this scary illness - lots of prayers are with you and hope your puppy will soon be back home good as new.

Dr. Sage just called. Hannah did eat about three tablespoons of a special food this morning and drank some water (around 8:00 am) and so far has not thrown it up. Her temperature is down to 102. If she can keep the food down, he will not do the ultra sound and she can come home tomorrow and then he would recheck the liver enzymes in about a week. He did say her heart rate was a little slow, but that might be because she was relaxed.

OMG Rachel!!! I feel like a complete jerk! I did not even check "dog health" until just now and I can't believe what I found! With the forum that was on its second page I was terrified to open it up I am so sorry about my favorite cockapoo girlie and Graham's fantasy girlie friend Poor, dear little Hannah. That little girlie is the sweetest most cuddly and loving little gal and I am devistated to hear that she is sick. I am absolutely devistated. Please forgive me for not posting sooner. I should make it a habbit of checking "dog health" before anything else because I hate to miss out on the well wishes for my friends, especially when I have had the pleasure of meeting with them in person.

Rachel, please know that I am sorry to hear that you have to go through this. I am heartbroken and I feel terrible for both you, Hannah, and of course Mr. Lonely Tucker. What a scary thing

Hannah, Tucker & Rachel you are in my prayers and I love you all. Please, Hannah, get better and make sure you come home today. Your family needs you.

Rachel, I'm glad that Hannah held down a little food this morning and her temperature is better. Hopefully she will not need that ultrasound. I pray that those enzyme levels go down and she is well. Believe me, my prayers are with you!! What an ordeal to go through. I hope she comes home soon. When she does, give her a big hug from us! We will be thinking about her and you, too, all day!

Sue, Killian and Shiloh
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Oh my gosh, Rachel, I'm so sorry I didn't see this before, I've been so busy this weekend. Sounds like Hannah is getting better, I hope it will stay that way.

Oh,gowsh; Hannah ~ Hope you're startin ta feel a liddel better this mornin!

Sure hope that good grub an the liddel bit of wadder Doc Sage gave ya stays down inna tummie!!

Dad's Prayin an we've got the paws crossed. Here kums a {{Big Kiss}}. An Dad sends a {{hugg}} to yer Mom and Dad. Love to the whole fambly!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

That was good news! I hope she gets to go home soon.

[ October 08, 2001: Message edited by: sammi ]

Thank goodness for the news that sweet girl Hannah has taken a little food and water well. And her temp. going down a bit more...a little good news. I hope she can come home asap. I know all that special love you want to heap upon her will help her heal even more quickly. Try and be strong Mom. I know being without her is so very hard; for you and the Tucker Man. What a brave little boy he's being too. Give him a big hug for me. And if you get to see Hannah today, please give her a kiss from all of us, her cyber aunties and tell her we can't wait till she is home again. We love you guys. Sandra

[ October 08, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Any news yet? Still hoping and praying!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Rachel, we are leaving in the morning for a little mini vacation in Palm Springs. I just wanted to tell you that Hannah will be in my thoughts and prayers while I'm gone. I keep checking back here all the time waiting for the time you say well, she is coming home. It does sound a lot better, especially if she is keeping down some water and a little food. We are taking our laptop with us and if we can figure out how to hook it up there I will try to see how she is doing.(Don't have our Grandson this time to help with the computer) Please give her a hug and kiss from us and of course one for Tucker too.
    Take care.
    Miss Daisy, Perry and me

We're hoping the very best news for Hannah and her family! C'mon Hannah! One step at a time gettin' better and you'll be home real soon!

Even though some scary and terrible things can happen to our pets, don't forget that most times they CAN conquer an illness with our help. Their bodies and their spirits can be so strong! And with love and prayers and good medical help, our fur babies do come home to us!

Hugs and healthy wishes from Pam, Winston and Murf ( who spent a week being very sick and has had 4 happy healthy years since then )
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France