Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Karen and Paul, when you started PetTalk,

Originally posted by Karen

It has been fun each and every time we have gotten to meet Pet Talk folks, and I wish I could be at every Pet Talk gathering!

You always are, I am sure, in spirit!

Originally posted by tatsxxx11
    Logan, you'll never know how TERRIFIED I was to meet you and Helen! I mean, I was so afraid you wouldn't have a good time! But what a blast we had! We even got to meet Karen too!!! She was as pretty and sweet and kind and funny and smart as I envisioned her! Since then, Karen AND Paul and myself have enjoyed an annual summer lunch reunion on the Cape! Karen, Paul, you're the best! Logan, I can't believe that through Pet Talk and that first meeting, I have made a friendship that is as deep and true as any I've ever known!! And though I've never met Rachel, Pam, Karen (K9) and Jackie, and KYS and Sue and Connie...and so many others, they know they can include themselves in that category...best friends!

I still think a world wide convention of Pet Talkers should be organized...I'm thinking maybe...Hawaii??? Or Europe!! Or Australia!! Or Canada!! Or any place other than Massachusetts! I'd love to meet each and every one of you guys!
    Just read this again, and it is funny to hear you say that you were nervous to meet us, Sandra!!! Helen and I were so at ease from the very first moment we walked through the door of that Inn, and there you were!!! Of course, there were a few tears, but that seems to come naturally to you and me, anyway!! And as I remember it, Helen and I didn't really want to leave you at all!! In fact, we stayed an extra day, as we were having such a wonderful time with you!!!!! It was wonderful to get to meet Karen too, who went to great lengths to drive to the Cape to meet us. I'm ready to meet some more!!!!! And I want a reunion with those I've already met!!!!

Since this thread was orignally started, I have got to meet even more PTers...from our guests here in Ohio from IL, WI, FL, and UT as Kimmy already mentioned, plus more new members from OH, to the Mayor and Founder themselves (a meeting she missed) to lunch with Delidog.

It seem everytime we get together at the Findlay dog park at least one person shows up for the first time....to think we started doing these outings less than one year ago and it was just be Staci and Anna...now we've had more than 25 members who have made at least one....amazing!!!

Kay Ann and I met about 3 years ago and keep on stumbling into each other here and there...
    Lauren, Honey, Orion, Caeleigh, Chloe & Stangly

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH KAYANN FOR THE WONDERFUL SIG!

Originally posted by Blustang24
    Kay Ann and I met about 3 years ago and keep on stumbling into each other here and there...
    Unfortunately!! KIDDING, as long as you continue to bring Honey over once in a while.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Originally posted by tatsxxx11
    I still think a world wide convention of Pet Talkers should be organized...I'm thinking maybe...Hawaii??? Or Europe!! Or Australia!! Or Canada!! Or any place other than Massachusetts! I'd love to meet each and every one of you guys!
    You say the word and I'll show anyone and everyone around my beautiful state!!!

Hawai'i would be GREAT for a PT get-together! We've got something for EVERYONE!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

I love all you guys....of course a few special friendships always emerge.. a day without emails from Logan, Sandra, Rachel, Pam, Jackie, (and Sue, Amy (Wolf Q), Candy) is a day without sunshine! (Also all those touching, sweet PMs!) Good Job Klo!..Errr. I mean Karen and Paul (sorry, it's a habit!)

I've been Boooo'd!

As much fun as us PT'ers have, lets not forget some of the Pets Only gatherings our furkids have had on there own The parties and the cruise!! Now THERE are some wild and crazy PetTalk Meetings for you ewww, I spelled "there" incorrectly, sorry - "had on THEIR own". Sorry about that
    I always look at POTD et al, just don't always have time to comment. I usually do this first thing at work and have other stupid "real work" to do. Oh, heavy sigh.
    Last edited by lbaker; 06-07-2004 at 06:58 PM.

Paul, i loooove the pets of the day.......when i have time to spend i always at least look at the potd (incl dogs and cats, of course)...it is soooo neat to hear the love and pride each has in their pets!!!!!

Yep, thanks to Pet Talk and all of Karen and Paul's hard work not only have I made quite a few doggie friends I've also made alot of human friends and even got to meet our wonderful founders!!

I know I've said it many times, but thanks so much to the both of you for making such a wonderful forum and even being able to come to many of the gatherings around the world!

You two ROCK

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Thank you so much, everyone. It is always fun to hear of gatherings, and great to be able to be AT Pet Talk gatherings! And I've even gotten to hold Moo-cat (briefly), and pet so many Pet Talk doggies, been leaned on by several of them, thrown tennis balls for some, and even got Angus head-smooshies, and hugged many-a-Pet-Talker! How great is that, huh?

I think we are conintuing our trend have new folks join us every time in Findlay...adding Lizbud and Blustang to the long list of PTers I have now met.

And we have gotten some from Findlay to join too...Carrie (Gabbie Girl) and Star's mom. Though neither post very often, I know Carrie lurks a lot!

Here is a link to a radio interview Karen did a few years ago.

We created Pet of the Day because we know every pet is special. And we know this can, in a small way, brighten the day of many people around the world. Without you, all of our visitors, there would be no Pet of the Day.

Paul

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Originally posted by Paul
       I thought Pet of the Day would be much larger. Only a few people from Pet of the Day read Pet Talk and only a few of the readers ever post. I do wish more people knew about Pet of the Day, Dog of the Day, and Cat of the Day.

Paul
    I was curious about how long this forum has been around now I know that answer! My question is what is the trick to getting a pet's picture on Pet Of The Day etc? I've sent in a few. Great place, very addictive lol! Jan
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

You should email Karen at Karen @ Petoftheday.com (with no spaces) and ask about your pet.

Paul