Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do Labs come in albino??

Quote Originally Posted by lab_lover_123
    I'm sorry but I have to disagree, I do know what I'm doing. I grew up doing this with my mother. Besides how am I to control when my dog goes into heat? Just curious!

I found out she was pregnate when we went to get her hips ready for her to have pups.It was a shock to me as much as it is for you. i'm happy with what we did, we have 8 pups and I have Midnite, thats all that matters to me!

First off, you control your dog when she goes into heat by keeping her properly contained to keep her from being bred. That's what RESPONSIBLE people do when they keep an intact bitch.

Secondly, OFA certifications can not be done until age 2, and simply having a vet doing a hands on exam or even an xray does not mean that your pet has good hips.

Thirdly, if you do not know the genetics of your breed, you should not be breeding. You need to take a few years and do some more research.

Finally, you found out she was pregnant when you were at the vet, which tells me that this was not a planned breeding, and likely not a very well thought out or researched stud was not used.

Also, to clarify something I saw posted in this thread, albinism does not exist in Great Danes. A white dane is not an albino, rather just a white dane.