Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what I found on my back porch today!

I have checked back all afternoon hoping for news on the babies. What a huge sigh of relief that they are safe and now have full bellies!! Lilac knew what she was doing, choosing you to watch over her little ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Purr-tender View Post
    Lilac knew what she was doing, choosing you to watch over her little ones.

So true, and now I have more tears.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm so glad to hear that all of the babies are safe. Hopefully they'll know to stay where they are so they remain safe. I'll keep them all in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh Thank Goodness they are all safe & alive.. Now if we could just poof them indoors.. Hey I would sure like the Tortie if we could get her to Texas..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Oh MY Goodness, seriously if I lived closer I would take them in and foster them. But Kanasa is about 4 states away and I can't afford that in gas either. Do you think you will be able to get them inside or find a foster mom?

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    Oh Thank Goodness they are all safe & alive.. Now if we could just poof them indoors.. Hey I would sure like the Tortie if we could get her to Texas..

That's the one i kinda had my eye on too. I was thinking she looked
    like Mama Kitty must have looked when she was a baby. I hope the Vet's
    office can take in the babies, or find some one in rescue who can help
    with placing them.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

It's so sad that Lilac died that way - I'm so sorry! But Moff, don't blame yourself. You did what you could.

What a relief to hear all babies are safe under your house. I hope you or the vet can find homes for them. Do you have an idea how old they are? Any chance you could put a box with blankets in for them. If so, it's probably a good idea the box faces that hole they get in and out of. When you feed them, make sure to take the bowls after they have eaten, so the food won't attract the dog - or other potentially dangerous animals. Do you give them kitten food?

Rest in Peace, Lilac, you were very brave - and loved!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    I would love you to have her. I have no clue as how we could get her to you though.

They all ate a big breakfast this morning. They looked better than yesterday too. I was worried because it got down to 50 here last night. When I went out on the porch to take them their breakfast, a big dog came up. When I yelled at it to get out of there, I heard a meow chorus from under the porch so I knew they were still there.

I don't think that was the same dog that was here the other day. This was just a big dumb playfull puppy. He showed no interest in the cats. That other dog tried to dig them out from under the porch. Sorry to the ones who want to believe otherwise, but I'll never believe it wasn't a dog that killed Lilac. The way her teeth were clentched and the look on her face will haunt me forever.

Anyway, happier news, the little black kitty with the white tips on his back toes, white bib, and white spot under his bottom lip, let me hold him today. He is such a sweetheart!!! Then one of the orangies got brave and let me hold him too. Now I just need to work on the other three.

I have some milk for baby animals that I got when Angel was a baby. I never needed it and it's still good so I fixed some of that for them last night. They must have liked it, every drop was gone. I know it's not as good as their mommy made but it will have to do for now.

Right now they are sleeping off their breakfast under the porch.

We have a sunny day today but more rain tomorrow and Thursday. I wish I could bring them inside but there is just no place I can put them. Under the porch is better than in the shed. The shed is metal and when rain hits it it's terrifying. Just ask Angel and Winnie. At least under the porch they have room to play and romp a bit with each other.

All in all, we are holding our own right now. Thanks for the prayers and luves.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Moff, when we built houses for the cats in our yard, we started out with boxes like this - one on top of another, taped together and covered with thich plastic. It's the boxes vegetables come in here and we can get them for free. We cut a hole in one end for the entrance (long side) and put tape over the smaller holes. With a couple of blankets or towels inside, they are very warm. Fister's mom moved in right away - with Fister and his sister.

If you do get some, make sure they face away from the wind AND dogs!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I'm so sorry about Lilac. The kittens are weaned, though, so you can feed them. I'm glad they have shelter under the porch, and are starting to be more socialized. Is there a rescue group near you who can arrange for their testing, first shots, and take them to adoption events?
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Sounds all good.. Keep the milk & food coming so the babies can get strong & grow.. **Hey can you PM me of where in Kansas you are at?? I can see how far we are apart..**
    Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    I would love you to have her. I have no clue as how we could get her to you though.

They all ate a big breakfast this morning. They looked better than yesterday too. I was worried because it got down to 50 here last night. When I went out on the porch to take them their breakfast, a big dog came up. When I yelled at it to get out of there, I heard a meow chorus from under the porch so I knew they were still there.

I don't think that was the same dog that was here the other day. This was just a big dumb playfull puppy. He showed no interest in the cats. That other dog tried to dig them out from under the porch. Sorry to the ones who want to believe otherwise, but I'll never believe it wasn't a dog that killed Lilac. The way her teeth were clentched and the look on her face will haunt me forever.

Anyway, happier news, the little black kitty with the white tips on his back toes, white bib, and white spot under his bottom lip, let me hold him today. He is such a sweetheart!!! Then one of the orangies got brave and let me hold him too. Now I just need to work on the other three.

I have some milk for baby animals that I got when Angel was a baby. I never needed it and it's still good so I fixed some of that for them last night. They must have liked it, every drop was gone. I know it's not as good as their mommy made but it will have to do for now.

Right now they are sleeping off their breakfast under the porch.

We have a sunny day today but more rain tomorrow and Thursday. I wish I could bring them inside but there is just no place I can put them. Under the porch is better than in the shed. The shed is metal and when rain hits it it's terrifying. Just ask Angel and Winnie. At least under the porch they have room to play and romp a bit with each other.

All in all, we are holding our own right now. Thanks for the prayers and luves.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Oh YAY!!!...

roller coaster.. you bet!.. phew.. and I would so too take one of em.. so darn cute!!

I never said it wasn´t a dog.. maybe just not the one who left footprints.. or maybe he was...who knows.. as I said.. I´m not defensive to either side.. as sadly I know both.. but I just didn´t want cat people hating all dogs.. sorry

now let´s hope these cuties stay put.. and by the looks of it.. you already made progress with them.. they are seeing you as momma.. the one that brings food.. just with a weird walk and no fur.. lol
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I'm so glad that at least 2 of them let you hold them. I'm sure the others will come around soon. For now they're probably safe where they are but as they get bigger they will want to be out more to explore so I hope that you'll be able to find some one to help you with them. Are there any other PT'ers in Kansas? I'd also call your vets office to see if they could help or know of any one who can. Good luck.

Continued prayers for these adorable wee ones. Wish I were closer, MoFF!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

New baby pics

I took these a little bit ago during their milk break. I called the vet to see if they knew of anyone who can foster them. They said no but will check around.

The tortie was playing with a leaf with me. I got to pet her. Then when she knew I was petting her, she hissed at me. Just like her momma!

Can you find the kitty?

Yummy milk. See the little shy black one peeking through the crack? He did get some milk too.

The kits like to lay and play on that ridge. One of the black ones is squeezing out of the crack.

My little pal. I wasn't squeezing him the sun was in his eyes. See his tiny white stripe under his bottom lip?
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!