Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: alex and seizures

Millions of {{{{{HUGS}}}} to you and Alex Joyce!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Another seizure ...

Hi, God ~

Were You there wiff Alex last nite - when he had anudder seizure?

It seems to help him iffin You're close and hold his paw.

Please Help poor Alex to not have these things ... it's no phunn for him or his Mom.
    Send Your Blessing to Alex; and give his Mom a big {{{God'sHug}}}.

Thanks God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

a quiet day so far, he had some petite mals and circle walking at 4 am, during the early am potty break. an extra 16 mgs of phenobarb for him, to lessen the chance of a full blown grand mal. we're celebrating his 12th birthday the first weekend in feb, with ziggy cakes and a long park walk. thanks for the support, it helps more then you can know
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Quote Originally Posted by joycenalex
    a quiet day so far, he had some petite mals and circle walking at 4 am, during the early am potty break. an extra 16 mgs of phenobarb for him, to lessen the chance of a full blown grand mal. we're celebrating his 12th birthday the first weekend in feb, with ziggy cakes and a long park walk. thanks for the support, it helps more then you can know
    you've been on my mind all day Joyce and Alex.
    I'm sorry I wasn't able to come down but I was also afraid the excitement of meeting a new person would be a lot for him to handle. And sometimes after something that traumatic you just need "MOM TIME"....
    gentle hugs to both of you..
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

there's an awful lot to be said for having a 40# lappuppy. . since i've been off work, the dogs, and 2 cats, have learned to get to the recliner when i pick up my fleece throw. this afternoon, i loaded the cd player, put the remote on the table next to the mug of sweet tea and opened a new book. mojo, squirty and alex were there within 2 minutes, peanut was just a few minutes later, but she gamely leapt up on the footrest, scattering the cats. it was nice
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

there's an awful lot to be said for having a 40# lappuppy. . since i've been off work, the dogs, and 2 cats, have learned to get to the recliner when i pick up my fleece throw. this afternoon, i loaded the cd player, put the remote on the table next to the mug of sweet tea and opened a new book. mojo, squirty and alex were there within 2 minutes, peanut was just a few minutes later, but she gamely leapt up on the footrest, scattering the cats. it was nice. thanks for the prayers and kind thoughts, it helps.

Poor Alex. I hope he's feeling better now. That would be so hard to
    just watch & be unable to help him during a seizures. Hugs to you both.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I got an email from Staci today telling me about Alex. I'm sorry to hear, but I'm glad all is going well now.
    I hope you got some reading done and I hope the furries enjoyed the snuggle with mom

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

More prayers and good thoughts going out. I cannot imagine how hard it is to watch wait and pray while your furkid is going through that. {{{hugs}}}

24 hrs, no seizure creature visits! woo-hoo!

That is great to hear. Staci e-mailed me too so you and Alex have been in my thoughts and prayers. Seizures are so scary! Snoopy hasn't had one in awhile but is a pancreatic episode right now. We go to the vet today to see if there is something more we can do for the poor guy. Right now he is so unstable (I guess from the meds) that he falls and stumbles around like he is drunk. I will continue to keep you and Alex in my thoughts and prayers. Diana

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

diana, wanna talk about pancreatitis? yahoo has a group for dogs w/ that, i'm a lurker, cuz it's been several years since the last bout for the wonder dog *knocks wood HARD* and the ataxia(wobbliness) from the meds is always a balancing act. seizures dogs have such interesting things huh?

Yeah, this seizure stuff is so much fun. I am going to start a thread for prayers for Snoopy. Took him to the vet today and things are not so good. We are going to have to run a bunch of tests as pancreatitis is not Snoopy's only problem right now.

As for the yahoo sight, sure send me the address. If you want to send me your phone (pm) number, I wouldn't mind talking but I am on babysitting duty tonight so I am not sure when I will be able to.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Dog Mother
    Yeah, this seizure stuff is so much fun. I am going to start a thread for prayers for Snoopy. Took him to the vet today and things are not so good. We are going to have to run a bunch of tests as pancreatitis is not Snoopy's only problem right now.

As for the yahoo sight, sure send me the address. If you want to send me your phone (pm) number, I wouldn't mind talking but I am on babysitting duty tonight so I am not sure when I will be able to.
    prayers sent for snoopy while waiting for your update...
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Quote Originally Posted by joycenalex
    24 hrs, no seizure creature visits! woo-hoo!
    WOO HOO for Sure!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome