Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Kiri's latest vet check--update post #120.

Oh please keep getting better Kiri! This is great news.

HOORAY!! great news!!! C'om Kiri!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Oh HALLELUJAH! Such wonderful news. Keep on getting better, little Kiri, and before long you will be back with your meowmie and all your companions who love you so much.

Prayers, hugs, purrs, wishes, energies, chants, blessings to you,
    Sydney, Elmer, Pat, Peony, Poppy, and Priscilla
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

YES! *happydance!*

Love, Columbine

Kiri, you rock

It looks to me as if the situation was similar with Catnapper's Pouncer- a bad UTI which maybe has not been treated early enough. This is why our kitties have some extra lifes

I should be able to bring her home tomorrow! They've been force-feeding her at the vet's, hoping that will bring back her appetite. She's still not wanting to eat on her own, but she's keeping the food down and looking perkier. And they still don't seem to know just what brought this on. They said that they can't tell for sure whether it was the food--it could have been stress.

I've already got Lily back with me, and I think she's wondering where the other cats are. Tomorrow I'll get Kacey and Kiri. I just hope I can keep Kiri from becoming too upset during the moving process--I'm hoping to move during April, even if it means that I'll have to stay with my parents or sister for a little while until I can get a house.

Is there a mild tranny taht the vet can give you to give to Kiri?

I bet when she is back home, she will start nibbling....her Meowmie will be there after all!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    Is there a mild tranny taht the vet can give you to give to Kiri?
    I'll find out about that before the move.

She might not want to eat just because she's at the vet. I hope she continues to improve and you can bring her home soon.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Well, I think you're doing a great job. Kiri seems to have a strong spirit and that'll keep her going during the move, especially now that she'll be back w/you. Soon you'll be in your new place and this will all be a memory, one that you can look back on and say "I did the best I could and it worked." Those prayers haven't stopped for Kiri and you and all your furkids.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

The good news is that Kiri is home and sitting on my lap right now.

The bad news is that she's got a bad URI along with everything else. No wonder she's not wanting to eat! I hope I don't have to force-feed her, but whatever it takes.

The worst news is that the vet thinks that there's some kind of hard-to-detect cancer underlying all of this. He said that he's seen several cats whose kidney failure was likely caused by the poisoned food (one died ), and none of them had their kidney functions bounce back the way Kiri's did. So he thinks that her problems are caused by something else.

She's obviously a sick kitty right now, but I don't think she's ready to give up yet. I've got to get some food into her, though. I'm going to pick up some baby food for her--any suggestions as to what flavors might be tempting?

Penny, you know I am so not going to tell you to feed her baby food..................................may I intrude on our friendship? Try some cottage cheese and yougurt, also some scrambled egg.

just my 2 cents hun

Love ya
    Kym
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Goodnow
    Penny, you know I am so not going to tell you to feed her baby food..................................may I intrude on our friendship? Try some cottage cheese and yougurt, also some scrambled egg.

just my 2 cents hun

Love ya
    Kym
    I'll give those a try. Thanks!

When I first got Puddy at 5 wks. old, my vet had me feed her chicken baby food. Of course, she didn't have a UTI. But w/out a doubt, all my furkids love chicken.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Mine too. I think I had Beechnut chicken and broth and turkey and broth, and also the sweetpotatoes. Just make sure there are no onions or garlic in the ingredients. Could you also cook some chicken on your own and puree it with some of the cooked broth? That way you could blend it into a slurry and use a large needleless syringe to force feed her if necessary.