Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: American Idol

Here is her, Carly Smithson's, wikipedia page.
    She is now the lead singer for a group called We Are the Fallen.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am not a fan of American Idol.

I am watching this documentary as I type this.

http://www.afghanstardocumentary.com/

If you like Idol? YOu will trip on this. Very cool and a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Here is her, Carly Smithson's, wikipedia page.
    She is now the lead singer for a group called We Are the Fallen.
    Thanks, Cindy. I'm glad to see she seems to be doing well.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

That's really cool, Richard. I love the way some of the women of those countries are fighting to be the people they should be. Awesome!!

I shudder to think how women are treated in those areas. So sad.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I didn't seem to agree with almost anything the judges said tonight. I was questioning what was wrong with me by the middle of the show. They were right on some comments but they were criticizing some of the people I thought were good. Also praising some I thought weren't that good.

Crystal was awesome as always. Aaron was also very good I thought. I loved Casey too but the judges didn't seem to think he was so great. He's so cute, I could love him no matter what he does. Enough of the screaming from Siobhan(spelling?). She has officially overdone it.

Paige is probably going home. That was one of the worst vocals I've ever heard at this point of the season. She is so beautiful but she seemed to be a nervous wreck tonight.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I hate to spoil it for anybody so I'll try not to.

The person that went home tonight could really sing at one time and really sang fairly well tonight. I guess I never paid too much attention until recently. It had to be a bad case of nerves and a couple of other things. Too bad.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    Crystal was awesome as always. Aaron was also very good I thought. I loved Casey too but the judges didn't seem to think he was so great. He's so cute, I could love him no matter what he does. Enough of the screaming from Siobhan(spelling?). She has officially overdone it.

Paige is probably going home. That was one of the worst vocals I've ever heard at this point of the season. She is so beautiful but she seemed to be a nervous wreck tonight.
    Justin and I said the same things while watching it the other night. One of Justin's all time favorite songs is 'Power of Love', he loved Casey's song choice and performance. Neither of us liked Siobhan's screaming, we're both over her. We didn't like Paige either, she was really bad. And I really disliked the boy with all the hair that did the slide across the stage (I want to call him Tim, but I'm not sure if that's right).
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

I think Siobhan has a good voice. But the judges praised her screaming (don't know why, but they did it with Adam Lambert too) so now she does it ALL the time. I'm glad Simon said what he did about the screaming. I could not stand Adam and his screaming. I'd actually fast forward through his performances. It seems to be getting to that point with Siobhan too.

Ok, I'm thinking if you haven't watched the results show yet you won't be reading this thread. Paige did horrible this week. But she did GREAT last night on her last song. Why couldn't she sing like that for the past few weeks?

And yes, the guy that slid is Tim. I was okay with the bottom three last night (except Katie, I really like her). So it didn't matter to me which one left.

I also thought the judges were all over the place with their comments. I thought Casey did great too. And then even amongst the judges it was like they were listening to two completely different performances sometimes.

I don't know. But I think I'm starting to be over this whole American Idol thing. It's not as exciting as it once was. I might tune in next season just to see how it is without Simon (if he really leaves). And of course, I will finish this season as well.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I love Katie too. I was shocked to see her in the bottom three.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

So I read an interview with Paige after she left, and it said she was struggling with her health - high blood pressure and asthma as well as laryngitis - the whole time, which does explain her bad performances, as it is hard to have good breath support without breath ...

Sad, but probably better for her to stay home and get a handle on her medical issues before she takes the stage or to the road!

I was not surprised with any of the "bottom three," I do like Katie, but she has struggled in prior weeks ...
    I've Been Frosted

So was anyone surprised at who left this week? It seemed pretty predictable. I DVR it, though, so didn't see - did they deliberate at all, or just tell her "It's unanimous, you're out" when she finished?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    So was anyone surprised at who left this week? It seemed pretty predictable. I DVR it, though, so didn't see - did they deliberate at all, or just tell her "It's unanimous, you're out" when she finished?
    I wasn't surprised by who went home but wanted more for it to be someone else.

They didn't really deliberate. It looked like they discussed a little bit while she was singing her swan song (which I think isn't fair, it must be terribly distracting for the performer), and Simon either was faking dramatic suspense or wasn't 100% sure the vote was unanimous, because he didn't drop the ax immediately.
    ~~Pat: Mom to (L-R in siggy)Philly, Piper, Molly & Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Momto4FemaleFelines View Post
    I wasn't surprised by who went home but wanted more for it to be someone else.
    I agree. The one who went home has been one of my favorites from the beginning, but I really didn't see that person lasting too much longer. There were definitely others I was ready to see go though.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

It was her time to go; she had taken it as far as she was going to go without further training. Very likable, though.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I've been watching every week and I must say these are the worst group I have seen yet. When Lilly Scott was voted off I was as shocked as the judges were and I know they would've saved her if they could but she wasn't in the top 10 so they couldn't.

What the heck is Andrew Garcia still doing there, he should have been one of the first to go, he can't even carry a tune on most songs. There were many better than him and they are gone.

I don't have one favorite since none are all that good but my choices to be in the top 5 are, Casey James, Crystal Bowersox, and Lee Dewyze.

Michael Lynch is not as good as his big head thinks he is. Little Katie Stevens does not have the personaltiy and can't sing a song well all the way through, she's just way too young. Anyway these are just my choices but this group is pretty bad.
    Last edited by redbird; 04-02-2010 at 04:56 PM.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."