Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Is he really an Idol??? Scary...:<

Well said Twisterdog.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

:(:(

For the record, I never watched "Idol" and have no ulterior motive for posting this thread. I kept hearing the name "Clay Aiken" and couldn't figure out who he was. I had no idea he was from American Idol until I received my T.V Guide last week!

But I certainly didn't intend for the change of subject into homophobia,
    I apologize that this took that turn.
    Green Chameleon girl, I think what you said is very immature and disrespectful to a lot of people not just Clay Aiken fans. Next time maybe you should THINK before you TYPE. But that of course might come with age and maturity also. I know I have learned that lesson the hard way also.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Back when we all had the Ruben/Clay debate...I said he was phony and some of you got mad at me! I think Clay just does whatever he thinks will make him cool. I think he's an idiot. He totally changed himself. Sounds like he's trying to be a tough guy instead of the Elf look-a-like he is.

Originally posted by Tonya
    I think he's an idiot. He totally changed himself. Sounds like he's trying to be a tough guy instead of the Elf look-a-like he is.
    Haha, that made me laugh. But I agree.
    I don't like Clay. Period. I never liked him from the begining, and now I dislike him even more.

Originally posted by green_chameleon_girl
    this is my poem Its rude I know but its totally the truth!

Clay is Gay
    Dont let him play
    with your kittens or cats
    he will hit them with bats.
    Then I will skin him alive
    and he will die

Rude and mean on so many levels. This may be the most offensive thing I've seen posted, ever.

Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
    Haha, that made me laugh. But I agree.
    I don't like Clay. Period. I never liked him from the begining, and now I dislike him even more.

I feel the same way.
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Originally posted by Twisterdog
    Yes, I think he probably should have thought a little more before he opened his mouth about this, but lots of people (myself included!) tend to ramble off at the mouth, without fully thinking through the reaction our words will bring. Remember when Pres. Bush - the first one - got in trouble for saying he didn't like broccoli?

However, I certainly have to agree with Shelteez about PETA. Basically, if it is on PETA website, I'm going to take it with a grain of salt and assume it is either exaggrated, taken out of context, or a flat-out lie. PETA is far, far more dangerous than some flash-in-pan star is ever going to be.
    Well put on both points.

That said, no one said that just because you're a celebrity, you have to love everything and everyone. So he doesn't like cats. Whoopdedoo! I cannot believe people are getting so bent out of shape over a silly quote that has obviously been taken so out of context, it's not even funny. He's allowed not to like animals the same way that I hate spiders. If I were a celebrity and someone asked me what I thought about tarantulas, I'd tell them that I'd kill it in a heartbeat because I don't like them. Does that make me a bad person? Sure doesn't. As for calling them Satan... well, I call one of my fiancee's old girlfriends "Satan" because I hate her. Does that make me pathetic? No, it means I'm human and I have emotions and feelings and insecurities.

As for the poem, it isn't offensive - just really childish.

I really don't think green chamelon, meant to offend people by her poem, she just did not think it out properly before she posted, she was I think mainly trying to get at Clay, because she thinks he is such a jerk, it certainly is not the most offensive thing I have seen here, I can understand people finding it offensive, but really she just made a mistake, we should not IMO make such a big deal of it, maybe she could apologise to those who feel offended, and we can get back to the original topic of this posting.

I still wish to make the point, yes it is fine for celebs to have opinions, dislikes and likes, but they carry so much influence over some people, they should be very careful how they word things.

There is enough cruelty in this world as it is, we donot need to promote it, in any shape or form, verbally or otherwise.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Anyone in a public forum runs the risk of their words being twisted around. Being as my mother loves Clay, I have seen his interviews and read them as well. His running over the cat was an accident and made him feel so horrible, he thought the spirit of the cat was going to haunt him. Because of that, he developed a phobia of cats.

This is just a classic example of what the media can and will do to make people believe them. It's also a classic example of why I don't associate myself with PETA.

Originally posted by carole
    I really don't think green chamelon, meant to offend people by her poem, she just did not think it out properly before she posted, she was I think mainly trying to get at Clay, because she thinks he is such a jerk, it certainly is not the most offensive thing I have seen here, I can understand people finding it offensive, but really she just made a mistake, we should not IMO make such a big deal of it, maybe she could apologise to those who feel offended, and we can get back to the original topic of this posting.

Calling someone gay in a way to make fun of them or de-grade them is sure offensive to even straight people.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

kay-ann if you chose to read my post properly you would see that I wrote that I can understand why some people would find what she wrote offensive, I was trying to put it into perspective, it is obvious as the nose on your face, she did not think it out before she posted, and posted in haste.

I think you are making a mountain out of a mole-hill, and we should concentrate on what the topic is about , before this is another thread that gets way out of hand.

BTW I am not particularly offended by her poem, sure I think it was in bad taste, and I think she should apologise to those she offended, I think her main objective here was to post something derogatory in regards to clay, not thinking about how she could offend gay or straight people, but by no means is it the worst thing I have seen on here, when people personally attack an individual on PT, that is more offensive to me.

Kayann I would appreciate it if you would read my comments more in depth , and take them how they were meant., and not misconstrue them to mean something else, thanks.
    Last edited by carole; 11-24-2003 at 01:33 PM.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I took the following article from a search on ABCNews.com . I saw the interview with Diane Sawyer and Clay Aiken. I saw none of what you guys are speaking of, nor did I sense what PETA is proclaiming. Here is an article from a local newspaper (his hometown).

Local SPCA Defends Clay Aiken
    PETA Attacks Singer After Cat Comments

POSTED: 11:48 AM EST November 21, 2003
    UPDATED: 12:26 PM EST November 21, 2003

GARNER, N.C. -- The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals of Wake County is defending Clay Aiken in the recent uproar over his statement to Rolling Stone comparing cats to Satan.

After the magazine article, the group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals targeted Aiken in an ad that promotes neutering for pets. The ad said, "Get neutered -- It didn't hurt Clay Aiken."

Mondy Lamb, spokeswoman for the SPCA of Wake County, said Aiken's words in Rolling Stone were taken out of context.

The quote most often pulled from the magazine is, "I think cats are Satan. There's nothing worse to me than a house cat. When I was about 16, I had a kitten and ran over it."

Aiken goes on to say, "Seeing that cat die, I actually think that its spirit has haunted me. I wasn't afraid of cats before. But now they scare me to death."

"The SPCA approaches situations like this on a daily basis as an opportunity to educate people," Lamb said. "We meet many people who have a strong dislike of dogs who then go on to say that they were bitten by a dog as a child. When the SPCA pursues the line of questioning, the people readily acknowledge their personal childhood trauma does not make all dogs bad.

"Reading the whole quote paints quite a different picture than the PETA ad would indicate. Were Aiken's words poorly phrased? Sure they were. But obviously the act of accidentally killing his cat still bothers him."

Let's see...I have seen the word, "idiot", "stupid", "jerk", "he looks like a gir", "...hate him..."... used to describe Clay. All those comments are mean and highly offensive, not to mention un-nice.

So, why jump all over GC when she puts a silly poem on here? I read it and didn't think she was being homophobic or nasty. Was it ill-thought? Maybe. But, how can we jump all over Clay for something he supposedly said, defend him for supposedly saying it, then blast GC for similar conduct? At least she said it was 'rude'. There was a time calling someone or something 'gay' wasn't really referring to their sexual preference, anymore than saying "you are a retard" meant they were truly mentally challenged.

As to Clay's supposed comments, I have difficulty with ANY person HATING anything or anyone....

Originally posted by carole

Kayann I would appreciate it if you would read my comments more in depth , and take them how they were meant., and not misconstrue them to mean something else, thanks.

I would appreciate if you didn't assume that.

Since when did I misconstrue them to mean something else?

THANKS!

-rx bandits

I don't see anyone jumping all over anyone.

-rx bandits