Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Peanut(s) and Cracker Jack Anyone?

Congratulations on the newest member to your household Debbie. Cracker Jack is an extremely handsome fella. His facial markings are absolutely stunning as is his cute purr motor.

Brian

Ontario, Canada

ARHRGHGHGH

I just can't stay away... I wanted to say one more thing..

I remember when we brought Jupiter home...
    Tinky was such a QUEEN B!! ... She hissed and carried on so. We put him in the spare room and she hissed and growled under the door at him.,.. (And still does whenever I have brought the scooter bugs, Macy and Zana in... or if another cat just walks up on the porch..(

But Jupiter is such a gentleman.. He has never raised his voice at anyone. ... He is such a curious and friendly kitty... He has such a gentle character.....and Cracker Jack is bringing back such happy memories for me...

[CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

OMG! Congratulations on the new addition. Cracker Jack is just too too cute and of course ORANGE!!
    Let us know how he and Peanut are doing. What a great way to begin my morning!

**hugs**

Well....I think Peanut has been talking to Edwina.....because I woke up at 3:30 this morning to sounds that I've never heard come from my little sweetie pie! She is a little spooked at everything now, but is only hissing and spitting this morning. And Cracker Jack? Not even the hint of a hiss back at her.

I was sitting in the bathroom with him last night with the door closed. Neither one of us knew Peanut was on the other side, Terry was up watching the blow out that was billed as a football game. So here's Jack and I, sitting quietly, he's exploring the crack under the door when all of a sudden we hear this horrendous HISSSSSSS outside the door! He jumped, I jumped and it was only Peanut, already imposing her mandate that she is still queen of the house! This morning, she was sitting back from the door, and did I mention Jack is a bit of a talker? Well, whenever he would meow, Peanut would hiss. Too funny. I did bring her up into bed with me and she settled down and was purring, so I don't think she's too terribly upset.

Cracker Jack on the other hand, wants out, and he wants it bad! He is so over the bathroom and wants out to explore the rest of the house. However, Peanut is not ready for that yet and I don't want to push it. They'll have the rest of their lives together, so I don't want to push things and make her hate him forever. Tonight when I get home, we will be letting him out of the bathroom and into the bedroom for awhile to give him a bit of a breather, and I did give him some catnip this morning and a few toys to play with. The bathroom is huge compared to the cage he was in, but it stills seems too small for him.

Oh, and we discovered an interesting thing. His previous owners were male - father(we're thinking 40-50 years old) and "slow" son(probably in mid 20's), father passed away and son went to a "home" - so Cracker Jack is so much more comfortable with Terry! Terry went in the bathroom with him last night without me, and what he was describing was not the same thing I saw when I went in with him. So we both went in together and he was so much more animated when Terry was petting him and talking to him than when I was. He even rolled over and was acting goofy with Terry! But that's ok. Bonds Terry to him that much better, and we may need that in the next few days if Peanut doesn't let up with the hissy fits.

I only got a few pictures this morning. He really made a mess with the litterbox (typical male) so I had to use my time cleaning that up instead of taking pictures.

He's been sleeping in the carrier box they gave me to bring him home in. I laid it on its side hoping he would use it as a hidey hole, and he is, so yep Phred, looks like he's going to have his own little condo.

Here he is looking cute.

Enough with the flashy box already! What's with that thing anyway?

And for lack of pictures, here are the two pictures that were on petfinder and their own website. The first one is the one that drew me in and the second one is the one that really got me.

And one more short video. No purring this time, just some skritchies. And that "spot" on his cheek is where a chunk of furr is missing. The girl at the shelter didn't even notice it until we pointed it out. We get a free check up at the vet, so we'll have to have him take a look at it.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Drat, the video didn't show up. So here it is.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

Oh, and I really MUST get some good pictures of his tail. I love his tail!!! Towards the tip it gets stripey with white mixed in with the orange...and he's always flicking his tail....just like Tubby used to do.

Oh! Another thing he does with his tail is he always holds it way up and it curls around like a question mark! I've always thought that was so cute when kitties did that and now I have one!

All I know is Peanut better get off her high horse real soon because this boy is quickly taking hold of my heart.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

Ohhh Debbie he is absolutely adorable. I love how he looks.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

Congratulations! He is beautiful.
    Don't Breed & Buy
    While Homeless Pets Die
    Ritchi
    Sammi

I couldn't wait to hear more about CJ! Do you remember how Eddie first bonded to Don?

They know if they don't get the guys they will always make bad PR for them Mom will give her unconditional love anyway

Smart boy

Debbie,

You're such a proud new meowmie! I love seeing how happy and excited you are with CJ. He's such a doll and must get used to the flashy box....we LOVE this boy already and need uppydates, um, at least daily. Did I mention illustrated uppydates?

I'm sure Peanut will come around. With such a gorgeos boy around, she'd be crazy not to.

I love that last petfinder picture...he's all curled up and touching his cute toes. Awww....I'm smitten already!!

That's quite cute that he's comfy with Terry too. I'm sure that's a wonderful comfort to him to have another man around.

In looking at that video last night, the way he walks and holds himself reminded me so much of my Jonah when he's walking around our apartment. So inquisative, but when there's someone to love, no more looking, just pets and purrs please!

I'm so happy for your fur and skin family.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    Oh! Another thing he does with his tail is he always holds it way up and it curls around like a question mark! I've always thought that was so cute when kitties did that and now I have one!

All I know is Peanut better get off her high horse real soon because this boy is quickly taking hold of my heart.
    Oh I love that! Jazz does that too and I had never seen it until her and thought it was the cutest. We called her the Riddler (from Batman) for months because of the question mark.

Give Peanut lots of time to settle down. I think you are on the right path with Feliway and make sure to give her lots of extra attention.

From Decker with Love

lololol,

It reminds me of the old jingle -

Candy coated popcorn, peanuts and a prize....
    THAT'S what you get in Cracker Jacks!!!

Or you can change his name to Jeep!

CJ and he's 7 years old.......CJ 7!!!!

Welcome to PT, CJ!!!

Debbie,
    IF YOU REMEMBER Cracker Jacks have always been messy....

The crumbs that you pull out of the bottom of the box stick to everything!!!!

http://www.crackerjack.com/home.htm
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Aww, Cracker Jack is gorgeous!! What a sweet face he has, and that glamorous dash of orange nose liner! What can I say?

Scritchie scritchie scritchie scritchie!

Oh Debbie! He is adorable! Congrats on your new addition. I'm sure Peanut will warm up to him.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Look at those pictures of him from Petfinder. No wonder you fell for him! And that video is too sweet! He loves those chin scritchies and can't quite decide how he wants to lay his paw!

Though I haven't seen any evidence of a talkative fellow!