Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Johanna (Cataholic) & Sister Jessica continue to Request Prayers for young Samantha

Hybrid View

Sammy continues to be remain in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that her kidneys will be restored and that she continues to get better and better. Prayers and positive thoughts are also going out to her family. May everyone please take care. ((((HUGS))))

Two updates from today!!!
    June 25, 2005 at 04:59 PM EDT

Another little update...she's in her daddy's arms right now, and ate a spoonful of applesauce...but she refused a second bite, remembering that she doesn't like it all that much!! And when I waved my hand in front of her and said "hi," she lifted her arm and waved back! There's no way to describe how much each little moment means to us; they're all small steps Sam is taking to return to us!
    Jessica

46Â_ June 25, 2005 at 03:50 PM EDT

Another good day for Sam--her urine output continues to be normal, which is nothing short of a miracle. We pray that it continues, and that the kidneys are producing "effective" urine, i.e., getting rid of toxins, etc. All in all, it's a good sign, though. I've also gotten to hold her a couple times recently. The plastic surgeon was in to see us yesterday, and said that her skin is healing rapidly, and that her whirlpools may end next week, as her skin is clean. He doesn't foresee any additional surgeries anytime soon, though more procedures will likely be necessary down the road. He thinks she's close to being ready for rehab. Since yesterday, they've had her off the vent for 2-3 hours at a stretch, a couple times a day, and she's doing great. She had absolutely no problem breathing on her own, w/just an oxygen mister. So the official weaning of the vent has begun, and they hope to have her off it soon. No word yet on the biopsy results. She had her central line changed over today, and that went fine. She's becoming more alert, and her nurse propped her up this morning to watch the "Wiggles," and she said she seemed quite awake and comfortable. (I slept at home last night and wasn't back yet.) Then later this afternoon, Rob was talking to her, and her tongue flicked out, so Rob spit his tongue out at her, and she spit hers out more! She's definitely in there. We'll hope for continued progress over the weekend--she's being such a strong little girl.
    Thanks,
    Jessica

All is looking pretty good! Wave to Sammy for all of us!

Hey Sammy, just sending you a kiss and a wave. This update sounds really good

I haven't been able to check in on this thread lately, but how wonderful it is to hear such a great uppydate!!

Oh Sammy girl, I knew you could do it! Now keep being strong and this will all be behind you before you know it.

Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I have happy tears too. Gosh...what wonderful news! Waves and kisses to Baby Sammy!

Hi Sammy!

Just checking in to let you know I'm still thinking about you. I read your mommy's updates and I know how hard you have been fighting. Keep it up, Sammy!

Positive vibes and prayers always coming your way.

Robin

That is such a good update. I am still thinking about you and praying for you dear one.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

OMG talk about LES...This is such a good update. Makes me warm all over just picturing little Sammy in her Daddy's arms.

Prayers still on the way that this precious little girl continues to get well and I also pray that from hereon in, the updates will continue to be good ones.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I found this thread a few days ago, I've gotten through all the pages here of updates and this little gal truely is a fighter. I saw her photo's on the hospital site she is a little doll. Cincinnati Children Hospital does wonderful work. Their transplant teams are very well known.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

That is such a good update
    Little Sammy, you are still in my thoughts. I wave back to you and send you many loving wishes for your recovery.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Aw, Sammy what good news, indeed!
    You keep getting stronger, little one, and we'll keep the prayers flying for you and your family.
    (((HUGS)))
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More wonderful news!

Keep getting better darling Samantha!!! The prayers continue.

June 26, 2005 at 12:57 PM EDT
    It's been a good weekend for Sam; her urine output remains strong, though she might not be "clearing" all she needs to; her kidneys just started working, so it will take time for them to do all they need to do. Sam's wearing a lot less as far as dressings--the ace bandages are off, and just some gauze remains on her thighs, arms and bottom. Her skin looks so much better, and she's also less warm with the heavier wrappings off. She's allowed to have more food, and we'd like her to try some mashed potatoes today, which is her favorite. I played patty-cake w/her last night, and she lifted her arms and went through the motions with me; she is so much more responsive now, as they've been decreasing the sedation daily. Rob played a game with her that they often played together, called "E eats everything" (don't know where that came from), where he says that, and tickles her belly, and she would laugh and laugh--well, he did it today, and though her eyes were closed, she smiled very broadly when he did it. It was the first huge smile I've seen on her face since she's been here. We were asked to bring in a bouncy seat for her, so she can be propped up; she keeps sliding down on the bed, so this will make it easier for her. I can't wait to see her in it. She will probably have dialysis again tomorrow, and maybe finish up her whirlpools. No word on the biopsy yet, but they're working on getting an answer from the lab, so they know how to proceed on the antibiotics, as far as short-term vs. long-term. Surgery might not be necessary after all, regardless of the results, so that was good to hear. Keep those prayers coming; she hears you!!!
    Thanks,
    Jessica

I'm so glad to hear these great updates. I'm still keeping Sammy and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

How nice to see something positive.

Continued prayers being sent...
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

That is such good news! More prayers on the way.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..