Page 32 of 150 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282132 ... LastLast

Thread: movies you watched today

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR
    I've never heard of that one, but maybe that's a good thing LOL - what is it about?
    It's a documentary which I think is from Austria. There are sub-titles. It's about these people who treat their animals like humans. So I decided to rent it. Well, it was soooo depressing. Some of the people treated their animals like crap (hitting them, and getting a little kinky with them). There was one scene that had a ferret with a broken back!

It was poorly filmed. Everything was bleak and cold. There was no point to this film except I wanted to go to Austria and save these animals.

Please, for the love God, don't ever rent it. You'll be very very sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethann
    It's a documentary which I think is from Austria. There are sub-titles. It's about these people who treat their animals like humans. So I decided to rent it. Well, it was soooo depressing. Some of the people treated their animals like crap (hitting them, and getting a little kinky with them). There was one scene that had a ferret with a broken back!

It was poorly filmed. Everything was bleak and cold. There was no point to this film except I wanted to go to Austria and save these animals.

Please, for the love God, don't ever rent it. You'll be very very sorry.
    Yikes that doesn't sound like good entertainment at all. Thanks for the warning!

Lets see....saw The Constant Gardner last night on DVD. It was very good. And went to see Brokeback Mountain at the movies today. It was good. However, I thought it was a very long movie and I wasn't crazy about the ending. It was 2.50 hours long.

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom
    Hostel. Wow. It's not the absolute scariest movie I've seen, and, it does take a bit to get into the scary part, while it introduces you to the city, the characters and the story...but, I liked it. It's graphic sexually (lots of women's frontal views) and graphic like you wouldn't believe in the torture scenes. There aren't as many torture scenes as I'd anticipated...but, the ones that are shown are incredibly realistic. The fear depicted, though, is what is really intense. I mean, it's exactly how I'd expect a person to react to finding themselves in that type of situation, I really felt for the people, and, it was pretty scary and sad, like...I can't imagine being in a situation even remotely close to that...it was pretty awful. Not for the weak stomached, that's for sure. I give it a thumbs up. My older brother liked Saw better, and, I would agree with him had the acting in Saw not been so absolutely horrifically distracting for me.
    I went and saw this today, and I thought it was really good. I will definitely have to buy it when it comes out on DVD

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by elizabethann
    Lets see....saw The Constant Gardner last night on DVD. It was very good. And went to see Brokeback Mountain at the movies today. It was good. However, I thought it was a very long movie and I wasn't crazy about the ending. It was 2.50 hours long.
    Oooo...I want to see both of those. My friend has The Constant Gardener on DVD, so, I'll be watching that...and, I really, really, really want to see Brokeback Mountain at the theater. My friend said it was a really beautiful love story, and, I love both of the actors. So, I'll be going to see it soon. I'll be bringing a hankey.

I saw The Chronicles of Narnia the other day, and, really enjoyed it. I really liked the actor who played the faun. Very handsome, and, I thought he was really good in the movie. It's been forever since I read the books, I need to get them and read them again. I hope they make the rest of the books, too, as this was a fun movie.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I believe his name is James McAvoy, he is cute, he is a lovely scottish man,, i have not seen the film yet, will wait until its out on video.

Watched Bridget Jones Diary, on the Telly last night, the first one, i have seen it before and the second one, and I absolutely love them, I don't watch many films over again, but could watch it time and time again, of course I am hopelessly in love with both Hugh Grant and especially Colin Firth, and I really enjoy Renee in these movies, I hope they make a third, I will be first in line to see it.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole
    I believe his name is James McAvoy, he is cute, he is a lovely scottish man,,
    Yeah, I looked up his page on www.imdb.com and what a doll. I didn't even notice that he was scottish, though...that only makes him hotter. that's got to be my favorite accent.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Ock ahye min he is a lovely wee scottish Lad.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

today I watched
    "New York Minute" and "The Seed Of Chucky"
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

I saw Lorenzo's Oil again today. I love that movie. It's great.

Made by I_luv_rusty
    ***I've been Frosted!***

Brokeback Mountain

Daughter Missy and I went to see Brokeback Mountain this afternoon and I really liked it and yes, it made me cry. I read the Annie Proulx story first and am glad I did since it explained some of the things in the movie that I might have missed.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahbed
    Daughter Missy and I went to see Brokeback Mountain this afternoon and I really liked it and yes, it made me cry.
    My friend said she cried so hard. I know I will. Love stories like that always get to me. I can't wait to see it. I already have a date to go with me, too. So, he'll get to see me bawling like a little baby.

13. The Island.
    it was actually pretty good even though it was a little too predicatable(SP?)
    but we all liked it. which amazed us,, cuz we didnt know anyone in it except for 3 people. and they were only in it for little blips.

I watched Tristan and Isolde today. It was SO good! Very sweet movie.

I also saw Brokeback Mountain last week. Definitely not what I expected it to be. It was really sweet and made me tear up a bit.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Quote Originally Posted by binka_nugget
    I watched Tristan and Isolde today. It was SO good! Very sweet movie.

I also saw Brokeback Mountain last week. Definitely not what I expected it to be. It was really sweet and made me tear up a bit.
    Dang, I wanna see both of those!!!! I have a guy who wants to see both of them with me, too, so, that should be cool.