Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Pregnancy/baby thread

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    Oh, I love Lyra! She looks so so happy! I hope Clara enjoys life as much as your little beauty does. First of all, where did you get her hat? Have you asked you that already? I would love to have one of them for Clara!

Second...oatmeal has never looked so much fun! At least you don't have to worry about cleaning dishes. Just a girl and her tray...well maybe the floor, too...or do the pets take care of that for you?

Third...you look so young! How old are you? (You don't have to answer, I'm just curious.) I don't know how old I thought you were, but for some reason I was surprised to see you! I can see why Lyra is so cute, her parents both are!

Anyway, I'm done drooling over your entire family. I'm off to love on mine.

Oh, and I think my mother decided for us what Clara will be calling her and my dad! Grammy and Grampy! Apparently that's what my dad called his grandparents, and I LOVE it!
    Thanks for all the nice compliments! You have a beautiful family as well. Grammy and Grampy sounds really cute.

I got the hat at gymboree- I'm seriously in love with all the baby clothes there, they are so adorable! And, I am young- I'm 26, and until I got fat from pregnancy I was sometimes mistaken for a high school student. I don't mind!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke_Corgi View Post
    Thanks for all the nice compliments! You have a beautiful family as well. Grammy and Grampy sounds really cute.

I got the hat at gymboree- I'm seriously in love with all the baby clothes there, they are so adorable! And, I am young- I'm 26, and until I got fat from pregnancy I was sometimes mistaken for a high school student. I don't mind!

You're welcome and thank YOU. You do look younger in your pictures, but I think I must have thought you were older than that...maybe closer to my age? I dunno. I get carded when I have my hair in two ponytails, even if it's not colored...and I get carded a lot more often when my hair is colored (early grey hair is in my genes!). I don't mind, either!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Aww Lyra is so cute, she always seems to be smiling!

Here are some pictures of Tyler!

3 days old

4 days old in her crib

being a walnut lol

Us together, I hate when I look like I have a double chin in pictures LOL

One week old (we were on our way out the door to go camping!)

today (9 days) little mousie

Looks like she is ready to go snowboarding

Ready to go home

Tonight having a bath

Eating her towel

Drying off and enjoying her bouncy chair

We're having lots of fun with her, she's just a joy. Sleeps wonderfully, makes adorable noises, and loves to interact (when she's awake which is rare!! LOL). She's like super-baby, day 2 she rolled onto her side, and day 5 she rolled onto her belly (she was angry at the time LOL). She's only rolled onto her belly once since but continues to roll onto her side any time she's placed on her back. She has amazing neck strength as well. Such a strong healthy baby, I'm so happy with her.

Oh Jordan i am just seeing this now congratulations . Welcome to the world little Tyler. She is beautiful Jordan.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Tyler is so cute! It's amazing how strong healthy babies are at such young ages! I know I was shocked when Clara would do things that I thought were only supposed to be happening later! Babies are amazing! Bathtime is cute!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Tyler is so precious!

Tyler is really cute! I like all her animal hats. And I can't believe you went camping already!! Did Tyler have fun?

How long will you/did you keep baby stuff?

I'm thinking about selling some baby items that Lyra no longer uses. (She's only 8 months old and there is already a lot!) I'm not sure if we will ever have another child or not, and it seems a little silly to keep stuff that will take up a bunch of room for something we may never need again. I will keep a few items for keepsakes and a few things that are harder to replace just in case...but otherwise, it's going! I'm hoping to make enough money to pay for the new carseat I just bought Lyra...

How long do you plan / did you hang on to your babies' things?

[QUOTE=Pembroke_Corgi;2198224
    How long do you plan / did you hang on to your babies' things?[/QUOTE]

We kept a lot of Mary Joyce's things for Katherine, and kept those things of Katherine's that were gender-neutral for Malcom. We are done having kids at this point, and we're planning a yard sale after the first of the year, so we will probably get rid of everything he has outgrown by then at that time.

Oh, Lord. I am in the process of selling some of J's stuff now. Not really the baby stuff, I have a friend that gets the outgrown clothes 2 times a year. I have some stuff on craigslist, and have sold 2 items.

Get rid of it before it takes over your house! LOLOL.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke_Corgi View Post
    Tyler is really cute! I like all her animal hats. And I can't believe you went camping already!! Did Tyler have fun?
    She slept pretty much the whole time! lol. I take her everywhere, we go to the dog park, the mall, and we even took her to Boston Pizza the other night for dinner. She's such a good baby.

Well, I managed to sell the bassinet and a bunch of Lyra's old clothes that no longer fit. I sold the clothes for $0.50 and $1 each, and still managed to make $40 on them (and there are still quite a few left)! I guess Lyra has a lot.

I listed things on craigslist but there are so many new ads that they get pushed down really fast. I might have to hold a garage sale next weekend.

Just thought I'd share this cute picture of Tyler. She was 12 days old here.

Changing bedtime?

Tyler looks very cute and cozy in that picture.

I had a question about bedtime. Lyra has started taking only 2 naps a day (for about 30-45 min each), and as a result she wants to go to bed earlier. She has been getting to sleep around 6:30-6:45 and sleeping till 5 or 6 in the morning. Since 5 am is a bit early for me (I typically go to bed around 10:00), I'd like her to stay up a bit later in the hopes she will sleep a little later. Also, in November we go back to standard time which means it'll be like her going to bed at 5:30!

Any suggestions on how to change her bedtime? Should I try to get her to nap later in the afternoon? I don't want to keep her up when she's tired too long, or she gets really super cranky then weirdly hyper...

Thanks in advance!