Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Our Murphy is very ill

I just got to this thread. I remember reading some years ago( I've been trying to find where I read it) where a poodle had a large cancerous mass in his chest, and it was pushing the other organs to the side . The vet said to put the dog down. Instead, the dog was given , over time ( I don't remember them saying how much at each dose) two bottles of bovine cartilage and the mass dissolved to the complete astonishment of everyone involved . Health food stores sell bovine cartilage.

Logan, our thoughts are with you. I know how hard it is to let them go, but you know whenit is time. You have given Murphy a wonderful life, now she is ready to be a special angel to watch over you.

Sweet, sweet Murphy will be in our prayers, but you and Scott will be as well. It is awfully hard to say good-bye, but sometimes a blessing that we are given that chance. I hope she stays comfortable and know that she knows how much she is loved. No dog could ever ask for more.

Hugs to all of you, we are here for you, even those who cannot think of anything to post.

Logan you and your family and of course sweet Murphy will be in my thoughts {{Hugs}}.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

I read this earlier and I don't even know what to say. I am so sorry

You'll all be in my prayers.

Logan, as I lay down to sleep tonight, I will say a special prayer for all of you and Murphy. I have lit a candle on my mantel for this sweet pup.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Oh Logan. My heart breaks for Murphy, for you, and for your family. May God comfort you at this difficult time. Hugs to you, and know that I'll be here for you if you need me.

My thoughts and prayers are on the way for you Logan and Scott and family.
    Isn't is amazing how our animals know when WE need them more then normal?
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Logan, I'm so sorry to hear about Murphy. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Please take care.

Safe journey, sweet Murphy. Your family here will always keep your memory alive. ((( hugs ))) to you Logan.

She is gone

Scott arrived home late last night, after 9. His children, their mother and stepfather were here to see Murphy. It was a very emotional time. Awkward for me, but she has been a huge part of all of their lives and I tried to handle it ok. Scott came home and was at least able to see Andrew and then he sat there, stroked that sweet girls's head and I almost had to force him to bed at 12:30 or so. We got up twice with Murphy during the night.

After I took Helen to school this morning, I went to the grocery store and bought Frosty Paws. I thought maybe Murphy would enjoy the cold treat since she had not been eating or drinking. She had no interest.

Scott, who was sitting beside Murphy, petting her and looking at her, and I talked again, then, and he said "what should we do?" and I told him he already knew my thoughts, Dr. Robinson's thoughts and I knew he knew what needed to happen. Then I called Patsy at Dr. Robinson's office and she said she was equipped and able to handle this if Scott was ready. He was not, very much still in doubt. I described to him what was happening in Murphy's body, dehydration, pain, etc. She was already shutting down. I doubt she would have lasted until Friday. I told him I simply could not let her suffer and I knew he didn't want to either. Shortly after that, my husband told me he was ready.

We put her in the Expedition, just like I did the other day and Scott rode on the seat beside her while I drove. It was quiet and neither one of us said a word. I just held his hand and he kept his other hand on Murphy. Patsy gave her that first injection that made her relax even more than she already was and left us with her for as long as we wanted.

Our Murphy departed for the bridge around 9:45 am. It was very peaceful and she had the two people she loved the most right beside her the entire time. As sad as I am, I feel a huge sense of relief that our girl is no longer suffering.

Our Murphy will be cremated, then we will bury her ashes in a special place in our yard. I plan to get a small stone engraved to signify this special girl's life.

My husband came home and washed her bowl and placed it in the windowsill. It will take me forever to not look for that girl leaning up against the entertainment center on her "big" bed.or have her dancing under my feet when she was ready to eat. I fell apart this morning when I was feeding the others and kept looking to see if she would show any interest, but she didn't.

Thank you all. I love you all so much. I loved that Lab girl so much too. I think I'm going to go bury my head in a Golden Retriever. Do you know that it was Honey's 7th birthday yesterday and I totally forgot? One of my friends, Debi, remembered, and wished Honey a Happy Birthday. We may delay our celebration a bit, but we will definitely do something eventually.

It's going to be a hard Christmas.

Logan

Logan, I am truly sorry for your grief. I know words are small comfort at times like this but I want you to know I wish you and your husband and family all the best. She is happy now, and no longer hurting, and as much as you will miss her she will miss you and be so happy for the day you see each other again. I have tears rolling down my cheeks for your loss and pain and I am very sorry. Her spirit will always be there with you and you will know it. Wishing your family all the best.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

(tears falling very freely) HUG HUG HUG I know the feeling Had to do it in spring. Buring head in reteriver helps 2 newfys here just laid down on each side of me as I sat on the porch.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

oh, Logan. {{big hugs}}

She's gone ~ but Murphy's Memories will Live On - Forever

<pcks up Prayer Line> <dials God>

Thanks, God ~

Thanks, God ...

* Thanks for Loaning Dear Murphy to Scott, the Kids, and Logan

* Thanks for the Many Years of Joy she shared with all who knew her

* Thanks for gettin Scott home in time

* Thanks for last night's Family Reunion

* Thanks for the gentle ride up to the Rainbow Bridge

* Thanks for Taking Care of Murphy till the Family can meet her at the Bridge

Thanks, God.

/s/ the Prayer Pups