Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not looking good for my Katie girl.

How scary! Prayers are on the way for sweet Katie. I hope you get some good news soon. Please let us know how she's doing when you get an update.

**hugs**

Oh, Lorraine, I am so sorry to hear about Katie's setback. Lots of prayers going up for your sweet girl. Hang in there, both of you.

(((((hugs)))))
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Gloucestershire but originally from Scotland!
    Thinking of you and hope that Katie will get better very soon.

I am just now seeing this. Many prayers for Katie.

Not looking good

Poor Katie!! Prayers are being prayed for your sweet little girl! I can only imagine how you must feel right now, not knowing for sure what's going on over there. Please keep us up to date on Katie's condition. Sounds like your vet pretty much ruled out anything major serious. For now we need to hold on to that. I'm sending you a whole lot of hugs and support. Groucho also sends you purrs, headbumpies, and kitty kisses to help you through even though he knows they won't be quite like Katie's!!!!!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

oh ((((((Lorraine)))) I am sad and sorry to hear that Katie is sick. I don't check in much lately but this sure caught my eye

But - I have said a prayer for you and for Katie and let's try to think positively. It is good that the vet is not overly concerned I would think. I will check back later to see if you know anything more...

More (((((HUGS))))) my dear friend. ***RUBS**** for Katie girl (gentle ones)

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Hoping and praying that Katie will be back home with you soon. I'm sure fluids are helping flush the anesthesia from her system. Did the vet do any pre-op blood work on her? If not, sure hope they've found out what's going on with your baby by now. (((HUGS)))
    Last edited by QueenScoopalot; 10-06-2005 at 06:33 PM.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Still keeping you and Katie in our thoughts and prayers. Let us know how things go. I sure hope you get her back home with you soon, and things start improving. Hang in there, and PRAY!

Deb
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

Thank you for the prayers and the hugs. I am definitely going to need more.

To answer your question Jan, yes Katie did have a post-op blood test done and everything was a go.

I just got off the phone with the vet and there is no change as of right now with Katie. He said now that there is some paralysis on the front right side of her, but she still has feeling. They have put her on a different anti-inflammatory to see if this will reverse the symptom. He said that she could have developed a lesion on part of the brain from the anesthesia that is affecting the nerves to her right side. He said that this is very uncommon and very rare that this will happen. He said that by Saturday we should know if the anti-inflammatories will work or not. She has also been eating, but you have to put the food right to her mouth as she goes off balance to the right.

You know how I am like with my animals and saying I am worried, is an understatement.

Dear God, WHY HER????????????

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Gosh, I was so hoping to see some better news than this about Katie. Continued prayers are on the way. I know how worried you must be. I really hope this new anti-inflammatory will help.

**hugs**

Many more prayers for Katie and a whole lot of {{{{{HUGS}}}}} for you.

Just as a word of encouragement, my co-worker has a Boston Terrier, about 13, who recently had what they concluded was a small stroke. But at the time, she had no idea what happened, only that the dog was off balance and would fall over etc. The vet never actually did anything, (there was nothing really to do, he said) but the dog got better on her own.

Hang in there.......Katie is in good hands.

Please get better quickly, Katie girl! I hope the anti-inflamatories do the trick and your little girl can come back home very soon.

I just saw the update.... oh Lorraine.... many more hugs for you and prayers for her coming. I am so sorry to hear this.

Lorraine I know what you're going through. It's so hard and my heart goes out to you. I just hope and prayer all this reverses itself in time. Are they letting you go for visits? Hang in there girl you've got a lot of positive vibes here pulling for both of you. XOXO
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Prayers for little Katie and {{{hugs}}} for you Lorraine.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.