Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I know it's routine, but I'm going to faint

Welcome home Reece and take care of your mom now, I think she needs it

Glad Reece is back in his loving home all snuggled in some extra soft blankies. Now you need to take a picture of those pearly whites so we can see the results of his experience.

Lovely little Reece:
    I bet you're happy to be home again. Many "welcome back" hugs and kisses to add to the ones your mommy has been giving you non-stop.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Well, they told me his mouth and throat would be sore for a few days but something tells me he's back to normal again already. I had to go to the doctor this morning (I have strep throat, ick) and while I was gone he got up on the coffee table and stole the bag of stuff I got from the vet yesterday. He ripped into it and found the little container of tartar control treats they gave us. He opened it and ate them all He then proceeded to rip up the page that talked about the teeth cleaning, but he left all the other papers about his vaccinations and the bills alone!!

I know Lolly took no part in it. I can't explain it but I just know she doesn't like it when Reece gets into things when they're home alone. She gets embarrassed and ashamed when he does things like that. When I walked in the door, I noticed she had her head hung but I thought it was because a noise had just spooked her. Then I saw Reece's mess and she ran into the bedroom. I asked Reece if he did it and he started running in circles I called Lolly out and told her she was silly and no one was in trouble. I hope she gets over her fear of getting in trouble soon. I never even yell at them and sometimes she looks at me like I'm going to hit her, but I NEVER have and NEVER will.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Former User Guest
    LOL, I guess Reece wanted to make sure the teeth business is over and took care of the papers! Smart though to leave the bill there , probably to remind you that you don't forget what he went thru. I'm glad he's back to more or less himself.

Kitty behaves sometimes like Lolly when Casper has done something bad, she's so ashamed . I've raised my voice sometimes, but not yelling or hitting (only loosers hit). I think Kitty is just trying to show who was to blame.

Ugh, got off the track... ok, glad Reece is okay

Reece, you little scamp!! Yes I'd say you were feeling better!! And, just thought you'd do a little light housework for Mom!! Lolly....you're a heartbreaker, precious one!! And yes, like you Lolly, as a kid, my brother was AlWAYS embarassing me!! Now you get well soon Aly!!! And make sure you take ALL of your antibiotic! Don't stop just because you start to feel better!! (No, no!!) By the way, do you still have your tonsils???

Love and mega kisses and hugs to Lolly, Reece and Shiloh!!
    And lots of get well hugs to "Mom!"

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Yup, still have my tonsils (ewwwww hate that word!!). PUHLEASE don't make me go have em removed... ew ew ew ew ew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! ICK ACK! I have major issues with the throat area. The doctor got bit several times today (on accident I swear!) while trying to take a culture. I have major reflexes and will bite anyone trying to go down my throat with a Qtip EWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

Please please Nurse Sandra, let me keep my tonsils!!!
    Alyson

Poor Baby!!! Got that ultra sensitive "gag" reflex, huh!!? Or, as the doctor would say, BITE reflex! How often DO you get strep, Aly dear???? We'll have to observe you for a while before the final decision is made! I don't blame you. It's not a pleasant thing to have done! But if it makes you feel any better, Logan's daughter Helen is "going under the knife" the end of the month for tonsils!!! I hope you feel better, sweet Aly! If I were there, I'd make you a soft, comfy bed, brew you some tea with honey and give you a stuffy to keep you comfy! Sleep tight, Angel Aly! And you know, kisses to them all!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Mental Note: Don't tell Sandra when I have a sore throat

Another Mental Note: Get gas for the getaway car I'm going to drive to save Helen (hehe just kidding, I know she'll be fine. I'm just a BIG baby!)
    Alyson

Originally posted by aly

Isn't it wonderful to know though that someone loves you and wants to make sure you are okay? Sounds like Sandra just wants to give you some motherly loving and care giving! I think it's great!

And Aly.... I have to have all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out but I have been procrastinating because I'm a big baby too! Actually I'm afraid I will lose all my Wisdom if they are taken out! LOL

Originally posted by aly

Another Mental Note: Get gas for the getaway car I'm going to drive to save Helen (hehe just kidding, I know she'll be fine. I'm just a BIG baby!)
    LOL! LOL!

Helen says "hurry up"!!!! She's more worried about the bloodwork that has to be done the week before the surgery than she is the surgery itself!!! Ha Ha!!! Surgery is the 28th. My little girl will have the best possible care, only I can't get Sandra to come down here and help me nurse her!!

Mental Note: Do not let Aly be in a situation where she might see any homeless doggies while in Texas!

No we will not tour any Rescue Shelters while in Texas!

Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer

Isn't it wonderful to know though that someone loves you and wants to make sure you are okay? Sounds like Sandra just wants to give you some motherly loving and care giving! I think it's great!

And Aly.... I have to have all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out but I have been procrastinating because I'm a big baby too! Actually I'm afraid I will lose all my Wisdom if they are taken out! LOL
    Boy do I miss out when I can't visit Pet Talk during the work day, and I am too busy after work to do much, if any posting .

Aly, I sure hope your strep clears up. I had it SOOOOO bad as a little girl but, thank goodness the antibiotics finally worked and it cleared up and I got to keep my tonsils.

Sandra, you're so sweet to care about your fellow Pet Talkers like you do You are very, very sweet

Logan...tell Helen that she'll be in my thoughts and prayers. She is more brave then I She'll be fine.

Candy, I tell you, I am the worlds biggest wimp ever when it comes to pain. I am phobic of shots in general, and it does not matter how small they are, or where they are inserted in my body....I am PHOBIC! I can't even watch needles being inserted in humans on TV, or when I visit my family in the hospital I have to ask them to cover the IV with a sheet or blanket. I have actually been thinking about talking to a psychiatrist because my fear of needles is SO bad, but at this point, I have not made any plans to treat that horrendous fear of mine. Anyway, there is a point to this, and it's not just to share my extreme fear issues About 1 and 1/2 years ago I went to the dentist because a tiny corner of a tooth began to poke out of my gum. I was so scared, I had only heard horrible stories about people getting their wisdom teeth removed so I was beyond terrified to even get the consult. The consult only worsened my fears because, after x-raying my mouth, they found that all 4 of my wisdom teeth were impacted and were growing sideways, instead of down. They had to be taken out under IV sedation and they had to be taken out by an oral surgeon.

Anyway, after nearly a month of terror, I finally decided that either I had it done, or I have to possibly deal with all of the teeth that those wisdom teeth destroyed. They had to come out and I had to have IV sedation. The oral surgeon's office was great, and they gave me enough Valeum and laughing gas before they inserted the IV to prevent me from having a heart attack

Long story long (I tried to make it short, honest ) I had all 4 wisdom teeth cut out and it was SO much easier then I ever thought it would be. I hear horror stories but, honestly, coming from the worlds biggest wimp, it was not bad AT ALL, and all of mine were pretty badly impacted so it should have been alot worse then normal wisdom tooth removal, but it was not bad. The worst part was the month of terror, knowing that I would have a needle stuck in my arm to sedate me, and the pain killers they had me on gave me terrible stomache cramping so I had to switch to extra strength tylonel which wasn't very strong.

Hehehehe Now everyone knows my embarressing little secret of needle fear
    Last edited by AdoreMyDogs; 03-08-2002 at 09:17 PM.

Aly it certainly does appear that Reece is just fine! Poor little Lolly! Good thing that you know who the Nawtee Dog was or her actions might have led you to believe she was the guilty one. She sounds like such a sweetheart and Reece of course is just a character! Haven't heard a good NAWTEE DOG TALE out of anyone lately and this sure put a smile on my face!

I hope the antibiotic has started to help making you feel a little better. I don't know about Texas, but around here absolutely everyone is sick (common colds, upper respiratory infections, croup, etc., etc.,) It has been a goofy winter weather-wise so maybe that's it. Tomorrow it is supposed to hit 74 degrees around here (unheard of in early March! ) and by the end of the weekend it will be in the 40's again. Keep takin' that medicine and get lots of sleep.

I ALLWAYS have horrible throat colds... i was born with Alergic Bronchitis? or somethign like that... i get it every year then that normally turns into tolisitis..... bleh it sucks majorly! ive got used to it thouhg! glad reece man is doing well.