Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fireworks..

Blaze absolutely HATES fireworks!! When he starts hearing them go off, he runs downstairs to the deepest, darkest corner he can find...I feel so bad...he hates 'em just as much as thunderstorms too. -sigh-

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

Duke is scared to death! He will hide under anything if he hears somthing loud, or if he see's somthing that he know's makes a loud noise.

This is going to be Max's first 4th of July so I don't know about him

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

Well, it's official. Maggie doesn't like fireworks either. Last
    night was horrible for Smokey. He spent most of the evening
    trying to get on my lap or standing between my legs. The booms were pretty much no stop from 7pm till 11.30pm. I really
    thought Smokey was going to hyperventilate (sp). I cranked up
    the A/C & the TV too. It helped a little. Maggie & Smokey spent
    the rest of the night under the dining room table till bed time.

I sincerely hope tonight is better. Poor babies.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I was actually lucky...it was our first 4th since getting Roscoe, so I didn't know how he'd be. He barely perked his ears. The cats were running around like crazy and hiding though, but I already knew what they'd do.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Finn experienced his first fireworks. He was curious, but, not scared. He passed the test with flying colors!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Greta and Spencer are terrified of them, and for the last week it's been a battle to get them to go out in the yard! Greta is no spring chicken, but this year she's been very afraid whereas other years she's been OK. Spencer doesn't know where to run & hide poor boy. Peanut isn't fazed by them as she tunnels under blankets on the couch so the sound is muffled some. I'm sure they'll be lighting off fireworks for the next week to come *sigh*
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

My dogs all did great! None of them seemed to care at all. Someone was setting off some mortars off just down the road on sunday, we had the dogs outside during some of it and they didn't even pay attention to them. Then we put then in the house and Justin and I went back outside and set off some little things, bottle rockets and such. The pups didn't care. We weren't home until late last night, but I'm sure they did fine with any fireworks that went off. We went to my parents and shot off some mortars and some of our bigger things, but we opted not to bring any of the dogs while we did that. Plus our town did their big firework show right by my parents house, and I don't know if they would've liked being near that.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Mine did a lot better than I expected last night. They did bark a few times but overall they were fine (for the portion I was home for.) I think they got used to it as the night went on.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

my crayola didn't care.. or did my cats. I guess they really trust me that they wouldn't be harmed.

they got me to check outside anyway because I can't hear, I can't know if there's some out there -- but whoa, once I walked out, it's like there's tons of photographers flashing in your face but they were 'fade flashes'. pretty a lot and nearby!

I walked back in, checked on every cat, only one would look outside to see what's up and had his ears perked up. I don't know how my pets do it but I'm proud of them.

sorry about other dogs.. I wonder if there, someday, would be furrworks without sounds? or you think that's impossible?
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Thank goodness it's over. While my pups aren't that scared of all of the noise, it became overwhelming for them both. But then, it was like a war zone where I live. When the fireworks started, everyone stopped their noise: firecrackers, whistlers,m80s! But then Mandy was afraid of the fireworks. (they're shot off a few miles from my house)This is when we were outside. Inside they don't do too bad as long as the a/c is on, and it was 90 yesterday so it was on!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Originally posted by chocolatepuppy
    Thank goodness it's over. While my pups aren't that scared of all of the noise, it became overwhelming for them both. But then, it was like a war zone where I live.

Same here for awhile. It was still light outside when
    Maggie wanted to go outside, so I let her. Someone set off a
    string of firecrackers near to the house about 15 mins after Maggie had gone outside.It was so loud, I went outside to see
    what was going on. Maggie was literally "pasted" to the back door.

She wasn't crying or anything, but she had her tail between
    her legs & head down. I brought her inside & she went under the table. She did fine just sleeping the rest of the evening, but it
    was Smokey who was the most nervous. Since this was the first
    time Maggie ever heard fireworks, it was not a good intro.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I don't know how bad it got here because I was working. But, I've got idiot neighbors that like to shoot. I had just gotten Duke outside to potty last week and they started firing their guns. Scared him badly and I was cursing them under my breath. Their house is for sale so let's hope our next neighbors won't do that. They've also threatened to shoot a Florida cougar if they see one

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Reggie is terrified.....he hides, follows people around (has jumped in the shower with me before because he was scared!). We left him just in a room one time and when we came back he'd tore things up trying to get out. Now we leave him in the basement in the playpen with the radio on and he's ok.

Sydney and Nebo don't seem to care. They sat outside and watched them with us last night and both were asleep half of the time. I took Nebo to the fireworks last year and he was fine until the grand finale, then he started to get scared so we left.

There were fireworks last night and Snowy was barking mad.
    She did calm down though when I took some pictures of her

Well it was Sammy's first 4th of July this year, I was a bit worried to how he would react. He and Molli just barked.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*