Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suggestions, please

Hi Thelmalu
    If you have never read Cat Fancy magazine, I like it a lot. It has a lot of neat stories and A LOT of articles full of stuff for our wonderful purrbabies. Maybe I'm too optimistic too but I hope the boyfriend falls in love with the kitties and all can live happily ever after. After all I can't imagine anyone spending time with a cat or two cats (wich is even better cause two kitties can be such a fun show to watch) and not fall in love. I will gladly give Tinky a snuggle for you ( as I would anyway I'm totally addicted to her) and please give Elvis and Jack daniel some X's and O's for me, and I hope everything goes will for your friend and her kitties .

Roll the boyfriend up in the carpets and toss them together sorry, first time I've had time to post in two weeks and that's all I can come up with
    laurie

LOL, Laurie!! I know what you're saying. In fact, everyone I ask for advice seems to feel the way you do! (So do I, as a matter of fact!)

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

We finally solved our carpet problem. Got rid of the carpet. The mold that was growing under the carpet pad was so bad that i stained the wood planks.

We just had the floors sanded and coated. The black stains would not come out even with dumping Clorox right on them.

If the carpets were not changed when they moved into the new apartment then it is not the fault of the cats. There could be old smells from previous occupants and the cats are trying to mask them with their own smell. This happened to us. Fifi used to dump and pee in the same spots over and over. When we got the carpet up we found growing mold right in those spots.

We were about to get rid of Fifi because she was using the carpet instead of the litter box. It broke our hearts. Those spots were so bad that you could smell the difference even after they had been triple sanded and double bleached. Those smells are now buried under two heavy coats of poly-urathane.

It now looks like we have hundred year old Oak flooring. Actually fixingthe problem the RIGHT way has dramtically increased the value of the house. Thanks, Fifi.
    ATB

Charles Kincaid

ibaker - excellent idea!!! Couldn't be put any easier or any more practical - I love it