• Yes

36 33.03%
  • No

53 48.62%
  • I Like Pie

20 18.35%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: A poll for the women...

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Originally posted by aly
    No way, Jose.
    Horsecrap. I have a photo of us in the Sonic parking lot. And, describing the photo, I'd have to say two beautiful women are in it. And, you can't argue with my logic, so, don't try. I would have voted "hell, yes" if it had been an option.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I "used to" be. About 20 years ago....
    Now, I've gained to much weight, and being sick quite a lot, created uncountable wrinkles on my face... . I've always looked a lot younger than I am though
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

No, I've never been beautiful. Now I'm older, carrying too much extra weight and have a whole lot of wrinkles, I certainly haven't improved with age. But you know what, I am truly comfortable with that, I'm just glad to be still here!

Chris

Not at all. I've never seen myself as beautiful. I have low self esteem too. I also have a hard time accepting any compliment(but they are few and far between anyway). It also doesn't help being good friends with a girl who's constantly told that she's pretty, guys always look at her and try to pick her up Thank god I already have a man or I'd be really depressed!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

I stand by my statement..there is something beautiful in ALL women..
    You gals are too hard on yourselves..I have seen several of your pics and I would call you beautiful ladies

I was so torn between beauty and pie. Only get to select one option. Why must this world be so cruel!?!
    But seriously I think of myself as quite the looker, if only I could get rid of my darn glasses. Not many people agree with that, yeah, 5'1" Native American who weighs +/-140lbs and has muddy brown unruly hair, I think other people might see me as not beautiful but I'm such a brat that I can spend hours in front of the mirror admiring myself. I don't have any self-confidant problems that have to do with my looks as the thought of somebody thinking of me as ugly never crosses my mind when I'm out and about. I know many many beauiful people who see themselves as ugly and can't accept it when I tell them that they look pretty. They always have a snappy comeback when I honestly tell them they look great. I guess they must measure themselves up to the skinny little singers and movie stars, gag. Who wants to look like a bleach blonde skeleton?!!
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I clicked yes, but I usually use the word pretty vs. the word beautiful.

I think I'm beautiful on the inside despite a few flaws on the outside.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    Mmm...Pie.

For me, it depends on the day, my mood, the people around me, etc. I know I'm not ugly, but I don't think I'm beautiful by any means. I think I'm very lucky to look the way I do, because I'm not physically horrendous...And I've had more than a few cat calls come my way... Hehe.

I just looked in the mirror, decided I look pretty good today. So I'm gonna vote yes. Besides, beauty is what's on the inside!

Oh my goodness, I feel exactly like what you typed. I couldn't agree more.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

everyone tells me I'm pretty, fiance actually does say i'm "beautiful" or "sexy". but I don't think so

No . Not even if I try real hard.

No.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Originally posted by neko1
    Not at all. I've never seen myself as beautiful. I have low self esteem too. I also have a hard time accepting any compliment(but they are few and far between anyway). It also doesn't help being good friends with a girl who's constantly told that she's pretty, guys always look at her and try to pick her up Thank god I already have a man or I'd be really depressed!
    I know what you mean. It's really hard for me to understand how all of my "girl friends" can be so beautiful and like someone homely like me! LOL
    I'm like the stereo-typical short/fat person that everyone likes,...but never gets looked at by the guys because my girlfriends are so much better looking.

I have no idea how I snagged a husband! LOL LOL

I really can't believe so many here think that they are not
    pretty, beautiful, attractive,etc. Just what kind of
    standard are you using to judge yourselves?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Lizbud....
    What I really think about myself is too personal for me to post here but what I will say is this.

Past experiences can have alot to do with how women view themselves. I do find it hard to believe that some women who are happily married and have a loving husband/partner, also have low self-esteem. We all know that our own self-esteem only comes from within and not someone else, but when I was dating someone for a few short months in 2001, I was on top of the world. I was pretty, beautiful inside and out and I was desireable. Just don't ask what happened when the bomb dropped.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Just what kind of standard are you using to judge yourselves?
    Well, I just look in the mirror. I don't expect, nor do I wish, to look like a celebrity or model. but my hair never does what I want, no style has even looked good, I have bad skin even at 42 years old, I have an overbite so from the side it looks like I have no chin, My teeth are far from even nice looking and I am fat.

BUT! I am who I am and I am not feeling sorry for myself. But since the question was "Do you think you are beautiful?" my only answer could be NO!