Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Share those battle scars

Lut, what a cute cat hat! Maya and Inka wear it well.

Ky, I know what you mean!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I don't have photo proof of this but it was most assuredly the worst battle I've ever delt with!!

My mom's cockatoo, Angus decided one day that he did NOT like me at all!! As I was walking by my moms room he leapt off his cage and sunk his feet into my arm and bit THROUGH a part of my arm *his beak was touching inside my skin*

I was bleeding really bad and mom had to pull Angus off me!

I tell you what, that bird still hates my guts sigh...and I still have scars!

LOL I was holding Simon and started to fall forward with him. At first he started to bite me cause it hurt him, I was holding onto him so tight.

I guess he saw the look in my eye like I can't help this so please help me. He didn't bite hard and let up so I think he knew I wasn't trying to be mean to him. He is so smart. I'm sure it hurt him but he knew I couldn't help it.

I have more battle scars then I can list, here are some

-I have a cat scratch scar on my hand from a persian I was grooming about 6 months ago.
    -I have a scar from Wyatt, my prairie dog. He bit me last summer after one of the hurricanes, it was hot and dark as we had no power and we were both very stressed out.
    -I have a few squirrel scratch scars on my both my hands from a squirrel I raised 4 years ago. Luckily they are very light scars and not too noticeable.
    -I have a scar on my left arm from being bit by a bird at work.
    - I have a light scar by my left elbow from an african grey at work.
    -I have a light scar on my ankle from a bishon who bit me at work
    - and I have probably a dozen or so cat scratch scars on my arms and shoulders
    -I also have a big long scar that runs down the back of my leg from a few years ago, luckily it has faded greatly. From the same day I have a bad scar on the side of my right breast. There had been a bad wind storm a few years ago and it blew down a lot of tree branches. My neighbor was on vacation so Justin and I went over to clean up her yard. There was a huge tree branch (a log really) that we underestimated the size of. We both were going to pick up an end and carry it to the road for the yard pick up men to take. We both managed to pick up an end, but it was to heavy to carry to the road. Justin said for my to set my end down first, so I did. I stepped aside as he set his end down, but he dropped it before he got it all the way to the ground. The big branch was bowed and as his end was dropped my end came up knocking me on the side of my breast and tearing down my side and back of my leg, ripping my jeans. I was very woozy and Justin had to carry me back home.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Kari, eek!! That had to hurt.

I can't think of any time MY pets have hurt me - Except for the dogs always having to walk on MY bare feet with their big claws!

But we decided to foster for Golden Rescue once, and the golden we had was beautiful! unfortunately, he had also been in 6 or 7 homes in his short 2 yrs of life, and had been abused differently in each one. One kicked him, one refused food and water so the puppy wouldn't 'go' on the floor during the day, one shook him by the collar, one hit or threw him, and so on...

Two of his major problems were that he was very possesive of soft/cloth toys ( so we made sure he had none!) and that he was very collar shy - he hated to have anyone touch his collar. He was young, and he had never bonded with a human - he wanted to be 'alpha' in every situation. Our 15 yr old golden had recently died, and we had no other pets.

We had only had him a week, and in that time he had snapped at me, and actually nipped my son and my mom. Both over taking away a piece of cloth - the corner of a quilt he chewed, and a sock. One night he got up on my bed, and was challenging me. I commanded him 'Off', and He didn't want to go. it was a warm spring night, and I was wearing a sleeveless nightgown. I couldn't grab his collar, as i knew it would scare him and make him more aggressive - so I pulled up the covers on the other side of the bed and tried to 'dump' him off. it did force him to jump off, but he still wanted to 'win' and started jumping on me and gnawing on my arms. He never broke the skin, but he 'chewed' all up and down my bare arms. I managed to grab a pillow to put between us - shoved it in his face and backed him into the bathroom and shut the door.

After being lokcked in the bathroom for an hour or so - he had callmed down and was fine - but my arms were a mess of black and blue and broken blood vessels from my biceps to my fingertips. I had scratches thru my nightgown on my hips from him jumping on me and gouging me with his claws.

He went back to rescue a few days later - I could not trust him in a house with grade school kids & my son. (luckily, they DID find a no-child home for him that spent a year working on his behavior problems and fears - Guiness never became a great 'social' dog, but he did find a loving and SAFE home)

The only other time I was seriously injured by and animal was by a parrot in a pet store!

We used to visit this local pet store all the time where the owner hand-raised birds. There was a parrott there that was young, but very friendly. The owners knew us, and we were in there one day, and the parrot had been 'riding' my son around the store - on his shoulders and head - and I came up to say hello. the parrot walked off Jon and onto me, took some seeds from me, walked my shoulders, sat on my arm - talked to us. he was very friendly and content. However, it got to be time for us to go - so I got him on my hand to transfer him back to his perch. I think he REALLY didn't want us to go! he didn't want to get off my hand, and when I DID get him on the perch, he grabbed my index finger with his beak! Parrots have VERY strong beaks, and he had me really tight- right by the knuckle with the sharp points of his beak! I knew if i pulled away, he'd tear skin and hurt me more, but he had grabbed right by the veins that run on either side of the knuckle and my finger was turning purple! Man, it HURT!!! like someone trying to cut my finger off with a dull knife! The store owner came running over, and somehow, got the bird to let go. there wasn't much broken skin - mostly scrapes from where he'd tried to use his claws to climb BACK on my hand - but i had this deep, deep 'dent' on each side of my knuckle and my finger swelled up to about twice it's normal size! he broke a few blood vessels in the finger and it was very interesting purple/ blue for weeks.

We went back to the store a number of times, and the bird had always been friendly before and after - in fact, he was 'friendly' then - he just really, REALLY did not want us to go, i think!

After that, i would pet him - but we never again let him 'ride' us around the store - i was always a little afraid of what might happen if he decided to grab something like a nose or ear! OOOOWWWWIIIIEEEEE!

Laura

Thanks, Amanda, for the wonderful siggy and avatar!

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace.
    - Milan Kundera

I don't have too many animal-inflicted wounds in my past, other than the fat lips Willie used to frequently give me by exuberantly "giving" me his paw as I knelt down to give him attention, usually ended up getting socked in the face with his paw . I did get one from Tasha about a year ago. I was holding/throwing sticks and she was leaping to grab them. I was trying to get pictures of her jumping. Well I wasn't paying close enough attention and was holding a stick with my thumb along the edge, and Tash jumped the gun to leap and grab it before I threw it, chomping right down on my thumb at the nailbed. Pain? I think I saw stars and had leaking eyes for the moment until it went numb. Holy mackerel it hurt! I'm not sure why I snapped a pic of it when I went in. Perhaps to serve as a reminder to myself to not be so foolish in the future . It took many months before my nail looked normal again. It may not look like a lot, but I can tell you it was quite painful

Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Ouch! I've never been "attacked" but definatly scratched every now and then.

"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday." - unknown author

I remembered this thread so I came back for a story!

until just recently... just a few days ago, I decided to spoil EVERY cat (13 cats) a chewy beef stick (puppy size into half) -- I DO have two hands, but not four eyes..the right one was somewhere in the air while I looked on the left to make sure the one "who haven't got one yet" then there goes a *YEOOW!* it was my SWEET fluffy who thought my thumb STILL was a beefy - he felt bad and ran out of the room. poor little boy.

I photoshoped, circling the three bite marks in white line - it's hard to see --

with no time running to bathroom sink, I had to let the blood drippings on sandals instead of getting blood stains!

yes that was a lotta from mini-marks!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

my newest I got ac ouple days ago, my I was playing with my friends golden, Dakota. well dakota jumped up and his front claw hooked my upper gum, it hurts like a b*tch lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

GINA!! *faints*

Why is it that the small cuts/bites bleed the most?!

Originally posted by ramanth
    GINA!! *faints*

Why is it that the small cuts/bites bleed the most?!
    it WENT THROUGH! it kinda stuck in and when I pull my hand back, I could feel a pop and his head dragged by my thumb a LITTLE BIT.

Re: I remembered this thread so I came back for a story!

Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.

I photoshoped, circling the three bite marks in white line - it's hard to see --

with no time running to bathroom sink, I had to let the blood drippings on sandals instead of getting blood stains!

I've seen it all know......PT SNUFF FILMS!!!!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/show...ght=medal+cats

Time to dust off the awards.............
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Originally posted by RICHARD
    Time to dust off the awards.............
    lol. what do I get??? one..two...three?! hey, there was three marks.... oh my godness, it went THROUGH! it snapped off when I pulled my thumb off ..eesh.