Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Positive thoughts, please

**Whoooopie* **Yee-Haw**

Up & Walkin = GREAT!!!!!

So... slip into your Street Dudz and check the front door -
    not locked an you're On the Way HOME!

We're all VERY GLAD everything went well!!

BEST WISHES for a *speedie* recovery!!

{{{HUGS}}}

/s/ Phred & the FurKids
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Amy, sorry I'm late in sending you positive thoughts before the surgery, but I'm very happy to read that it's all over and you are going home soon.
    I had my gall bladder removed a couple of years ago and can tell you that you are going to recover faster than you expect, especially with such good nurses taking care of you.
    Good thoughts going your way.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

I am also late- but I add what I can in positive thoughts. I am such a sissy with the doctors- I'd be scared to death!

However my dad had his gall bladder removed when he was like 79 and he recovered very very well. I hope it will be the same for you.

Originally posted by 4 Dog Mother
    She has to eat something and keep it down before they will send her home. So you can easily guess she is asking for food (that and she hasnn't eaten since 7:00 last night). She even has gotten out of bed and gone to the bathroom. Boy, this surgery is different when Ihad it 26 years ago!!!!

Great!

Tell her to stay away from the Jello!

She probably had a Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy.

Instead of making a huge incision they put a tube-like scope
    thru one small incision and a grasper/cutter thru another...snip, snip and you are done.

It's not the operation that it used to be.....up to one week in the hospital for recovery of just the incision...which used to be 4-5 inches long....

I have had a few gall bladder attacks and it makes you the most miserable, sorry SOB on the planet......The pain will make you find and make up religion!!!!

Getting the nerve up for the procedure is harder than the procedure itself.....

Get well!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Richard said:- She probably had a Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy.

Yes I reckon so Richard - I should have had that but when they 'got in' came up against a 'blockage' (adhesions from another op.,) so they did the 'cut and thrust' !!!

I'm so pleased Amy feels so good - and up and walking!! WOW!!!

Richard - if your getting gall-bladder pain shouldn't you be getting it checked out? Please don't let things carry on.

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

Originally posted by RICHARD
    [B]Great!

Tell her to stay away from the Jello!

She probably had a Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy.

[B]
    Too late, I already ate the Jello!!!

And yep, that is what I had done.

I am home now andvery glad tobe. Thank you for the prayers and postive thoughts. The tricky part will be keeping myself fromdoing to much, and keeping the dog from loving too much!

Other then the 1 1/2 I was out for the surgery, i haven't spet anymore today,so i am a bit tired. I am going to go rest.

Thanks again!

Amy is now home and feeling pretty good. Sorry Richard, your suggestion of staying away from jello came too late. They insisted she eat it first before trying anything more solid. After she kept it down they brought her a tray but she wasn't very fond of the taste of hospital food - imagine that! We left about 4:30 to go to supper with my sister and her husband. They released Amy about 6:30 or so. We came on home since our doggies had been shut up for such a long period of time.

She said the doggies are happy to see her and Ralph is making sure they don't jump on her. Ralph is playing nurse tomorrow and then I take over Thursday and Friday.

Richard, I think you need to have that gall bladder taken care of - I had problems for two years (100 years ago) before they decided to take mine out. I can still remember how miserable I was and how nice it was afterwards not to have that pain anymore!!! Stiff upper lip, boy, get moving to that doctor!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Originally posted by 4 Dog Mother
    After she kept it down they brought her a tray but she wasn't very fond of the taste of hospital food - imagine that!

Richard, I think you need to have that gall bladder taken care of - I had problems for two years (100 years ago) before they decided to take mine out. I can still remember how miserable I was and how nice it was afterwards not to have that pain anymore!!! Stiff upper lip, boy, get moving to that doctor!
    Told ya....

Hospital food is the PITS!!!

I did have the old GB checked out.....

I am fine.....it's my brain that I need to get taken out!!!

The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Amy,

So glad to hear that things went well & you're home to rest
    now. Take care & do get lots of rest. Sounds like you have a
    great "nursing staff" lined up. LOL. Hope all continues to go well.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I did have the old GB checked out.....
    That's what they told me when I first started having problems - two years later and lots of pain later they decided I did have stones and it did need to be removed. How long ago was yours last checked? I think those stones hide or something - so they can give certain, deserving people more trouble than others that have theirs found after only one major attack. LOL

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

A girl in my office at work had her gall bladder removed in October. She had the attacks for a while and such. During that time, I also found out a few other ladies at my work had also had their gallbladders removed over the years as well so I guess it's a pretty common thing.

I'm glad to hear her surgery went well and hope she's feeling better soon!

Glad you are home, tell the doggies momma's fragile right now, and GENTLE snuggling is okay, but no rambunctiousness! Hope you feel better every day!