Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are you going to watch the Olympics....

Thanks David, I think we kiwis will need all the extra support we can muster up, we don't do too bad for a small country, but those Aussies always beat us, mind you they are huge in comparison as is the US of A, lot more people to choose from, their is a guy in the olympics with my surname, he is no relative that we know of, But I am sure he is related somewhere a long the line, well I would like to think so, especially if he wins us a medal lol.

I will be watching it on the giant screen so it will be awesome, David at least you will have something besides soaps to watch in the hospital, and something you will enjoy, yes look out for the kiwis won't you mate.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Leslie thanks for sending me the link, but unfortunately it would not work, not sure I would like to look at a video, however as by chance I got this in my inbox today, anyone who wants to send a protest to the prime minister of Greece, go to this website., THE HUMANE SOCIETY OF THE UNITED STATES, on there is an article addressing this and an email address of the prime minister that you can send you letter, I would love to see all of PT members get together on this and send an email, it might not be much , but it is the best one can do.

As much as I am horrified at this, I do have to agree with you Logan.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Originally posted by carole
    Thanks David, I think we kiwis will need all the extra support we can muster up, we don't do too bad for a small country, but those Aussies always beat us, mind you they are huge in comparison as is the US of A, lot more people to choose from, their is a guy in the olympics with my surname, he is no relative that we know of, But I am sure he is related somewhere a long the line, well I would like to think so, especially if he wins us a medal lol.

I will be watching it on the giant screen so it will be awesome, David at least you will have something besides soaps to watch in the hospital, and something you will enjoy, yes look out for the kiwis won't you mate.
    Carole, you can count on my rooting for the kiwis!! I'll applaud and cheer(if I don't pull an I.V. out or something) BTW, I'm eating alot more bananas!!

Well David I don't think eating lots of Bananas can do you any harm, they are my favourite fruit, but if you start walking funny, making grunting noises, and growing lots of hair, I would lay off them a bit lol.

BTW everyone my letter is on its way to the prime minister, please send one from yourself, every bit helps ok., you too if you can David., when you are not eating bananas that is. he he.
    Furangels only lent.

i only watch the equine sporting events!
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

Nope won't be watching it.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I love watching the Olympics. It's so patriotic, and it gives me shivers seeing the torch be lit.

Don't anyone start an arguement over my opinion about it being patriotic vs. the stray dog thing. Please.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Originally posted by Logan
    I read horror stories every day about some atrocity in this country and others at mistreatment of animals. I am not interested in seeing that video, Leslie, personally, but I have read about the problem in Greece. It all sickens me, and if humans could be more responsible across the globe, this wouldn't have to happen.

But in reality, those athletes didn't have anything to do with the Greek government's decision, so I plan to support them by watching and enjoying.
    I have to ditto that.

My family always got excited about the Olympics when I was growing up. I'm sure I'll watch the opening and closing ceremonies (I have a lucky aunt and uncle who are in Greece as I type this and will be attending the Opening Ceremonies [they're celebrating their 50th anniversary]... I'm very jealous ). I'm sure I'll watch other events off and on. I'm a bigger fan of the Winter Olympics and cannot wait until they're in Vancouver, BC in 2010. I'm definitely getting tickets to see an event live

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

I always enjoy the Olympics. My husband and I will definitely be watching.

The Iraqi soccer team won today against an All Star team from Portugal!!!

Congratulations!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

We watch it as much as possible - without cable to satellite TV. Regular TV only shows so much, so that's all we get to see. However, we're really devastated! We'll be camping this weekend and we can't get the regular channel 5. We do have satellite TV in the motorhome, but it just so happens the site we have has a big ol' tree right in the path of the satellite so it doesn't work. Therefore, no olympics for us until we get home Sunday night.

Terry is always so funny. After watching, say, the gymnastics and seeing somebody do something really incredible - like those multiple flips, cartwheels, jumps and then a flip backwards for good measure - he's always like "That's nothing, even I could do that." I'm like "yeah, right."
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Terry is always so funny. After watching, say, the gymnastics and seeing somebody do something really incredible - like those multiple flips, cartwheels, jumps and then a flip backwards for good measure - he's always like "That's nothing, even I could do that." I'm like "yeah, right."
    LOLOLOLOLOL,

That's rule number 4 in the chapter headed "How to impress your Significant Other".

Rule 5 states...

When asked to perform the manuever you just saw claim a:

A) war injury
    B) football injury
    C) motorcycle accident injury
    D) not enough space in the room
    or
    E) "Are you crazy? You know that was a long time ago!!"
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Originally posted by RICHARD
    LOLOLOLOLOL,

That's rule number 4 in the chapter headed "How to impress your Significant Other".

Rule 5 states...

When asked to perform the manuever you just saw claim a:

A) war injury
    B) football injury
    C) motorcycle accident injury
    D) not enough space in the room
    or
    E) "Are you crazy? You know that was a long time ago!!"
    Or the good ol' standby - nah, I'm too tired right now.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Well, since my brothers are big fans of sports, I'll probably be seeing some of it. My favorite parts are the gymnastics and diving.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

Yep, I'll be watching faithfully-one nice thing about not having to get up early the next day..
    I concur, Richard, it's about amazing, dedicated atheletes from all over the world and politics should be left out of it, cause it sucks when someone uses the podium as a sounding board for their opinion. I clearly remember the incident you mentioned. I can't wait to see the Iraqui wrestling team do their thing with the freedom of knowing they won't be sent to the Saddam School of Torture for losing. Of course I always root for the home team, but regardless, when you excel, you excel.

I've been Boooo'd!