Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are these foods(and ONLY these foods) good for all meals?....

Originally posted by DogLover9501
    FOUR meals a day???

Im asking because, even the bad things that I KNOW could happen from eating this way, seemed fine to me....
    Oh I forgot your'e 17 and you are in the realm that you know everything. So why ask our opinion??
    I went thru 4 years of college and have worked in the medical profession for 6 years and I gave you my sound opinion. I have seen people that started with 'diets' like your's that weigh 80 pounds and have a tube down their nose giving them nourishment b/c if they try to eat and put something in their stomach it won't stay down.
    Eating ONLY those foods and ONLY those foods can cause your blood sugar levels to be sporadic I would think and you could end up passing out.

I don't know, I smell something fishy.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
    This "20 questions" stuff drives me nuts - are we just supposed to keep asking you things until we guess what your problem is?

If you don't actually want advice, just attention, this ain't the place, because the people on PT are very wise and have a lot of good experiences and advice to share. If you're just going to shoot down every suggestion, then why even solicit advice?

Eat properly, go to school, and don't spend too much time on the Internet unless you're researching proper nutrition and educational alternatives. And don't rip on your mom to people you barely even know.

I do want advice, I didn't do this for attention, and I know people on PT are very wise with advice, why else would I ask???

I feel like certian people on PT care about me more than my actual family sometimes.

if you didn't have anything to say to me except to assume that Im trying to get attention and to tell me to "Eat properly and go to school", then it has nothing to do with you.

Don't you think I want to do that?? I just need advice, Im not the type of person to just talk to my family about all this

I almost felt like leaving PT after that

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Originally posted by shais_mom

I don't know, I smell something fishy.
    Oh no! Couldn't be 'cause "fishy" would have too many calories or protein or something, so we couldn't have THAT!

Robin, are you familiar with diabetes?

I dont know why everyones acting like this, all I wanted was some advice, from people at a place that I consider my "home away from home", and I dont want/need attention, and I know that I dont know everything, thats why I asked I am litteraly crying right now

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

WTF? Why are you people being so GD mean????????????? I swear!!!!!!!

Grow up and stop being so sarcastic about everything. She's asking questions and getting nothing constructive from anyone. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Dumping more crap on someone who sounds depressed, sad, and honestly, a little alone is like rubbing salt in a wound.

Shame on you.

I dont know why everyones acting like this, all I wanted was some advice, from people at a place that I consider my "home away from home", and I dont want/need attention, and I know that I dont know everything, thats why I asked I am litteraly crying right now

I don't think anyone here intended to have you shedding tears. But like everyone that's been posting has said, if you ask for advice, you'd better be open to it. That's kind of how conversations like this work...
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

They gave you some GREAT advice, Robyn.

You need to eat 4-5 small meals a day. Not just the things you named on your list. I suppose it is a good start for a list of healthy side dishes, but definately not meals.

I didn't expect this from you though.

Meat, and nuts have protein. You NEED to have this included in your diet every day.

Cut out sugars, pop, and just watch what you eat. That is the best way you can go.

There is no fast or easy way out. You need to do it right or you are going to really hurt yourself.

As everyone else said, go see a doctor. You can talk to a doctor about what is a healthy way to start a diet. If you do not like your doctor, find a different doctor to talk to this about.

I just want to say, before I go, that when I posted this, I really had no idea that eating just those foods was dangerous! I thought that as long as I still ate enough and all that, that I would be okay.

All I wanted was some advice, and at first I was getting just that and was definatly greatfull, but then it turned it to more, and I just didn't need anything else other than some advice

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    I don't think anyone here intended to have you shedding tears. But like everyone that's been posting has said, if you ask for advice, you'd better be open to it. That's kind of how conversations like this work...
    I am very open to everyones advice, I honestly thought I would be okay eating just those foods, I didn't once tell anyone they were wrong or anything like that.

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

I just want to say, before I go
    So, now you're leaving?

The only reason people reacted in that way was because they wanted to HELP you. We OBVIOUSLY care about you, or else we wouldn't keep trying to push you away from unhealthy situations.

OK,
    Sorry I came across as a wicked witch of the west, but, I got rubbed the wrong way ........
    First off, these foods aren't bad for you if you eat them with other GOOD for you foods.
    If you would have said "chicken and /or fish" along with that list, I would have been all for it.
    I strongly suggest you check out the library or some healthy websites.

I don't think you need to leave PT either, that wasn't the intention.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Originally posted by Dogz
    So, now you're leaving?

The only reason people reacted in that way was because they wanted to HELP you. We OBVIOUSLY care about you, or else we wouldn't keep trying to push you away from unhealthy situations.
    Emma, Im sorry, I should have phrased that better, I just meant before I go, as in for tonight, Im sorry

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Originally posted by micki76
    She's asking questions and getting nothing constructive from anyone.
    I think you should go back a read the entire thread. We've all posted A LOT of really great information in this thread AND in her past "I don't want to eat" threads.

Sometimes people need to be made to think about their situation. There are people that seek to only gain attention for themselves, which in turn really, really can hurt people who DO have a problem with their health.

There are also people that want to deny they have a problem, but do "cry for help".

Whichever type of person this girl is, these responses can help her. I'm sorry if you don't agree....
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    I think you should go back a read the entire thread. We've all posted A LOT of really great information in this thread AND in her past "I don't want to eat" threads.

Sometimes people need to be made to think about their situation. There are people that seek to only gain attention for themselves, which in turn really, really can hurt people who DO have a problem with their health.

There are also people that want to deny they have a problem, but do "cry for help".

Whichever type of person this girl is, these responses can help her. I'm sorry if you don't agree....
    Yes, I did get alot of helpfull stuff, and I only had one past thread about this, when it started...a few weeks ago

I really had no idea about my body needing certain things, but I do know now, I just thought as long as I ate, I would be okay, so in one way, Im glad I asked, even if it left me crying

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

I definitely did not mean to sound mean or harsh. I care about you, and that is why I am concerned for your health.

But I have to say, I really feel that the most important advice that anybody has given you has been cast off. It is *so* important to see your doctor. He/She has gone through med school, and studies these types of questions on a daily basis. They have done all the research and have the answers at their finger tips, in a way that nobody here really does. If you don't like your current doctor, then you really should find a new one, someone you can trust.

Also, is there a "mentor" program in your neighborhood?? This is an organization that pairs up kids with an adult for a whole range of things -- friendship, counseling, someone to confide in, someone to help you talk to your parents, etc etc etc. You might check with a guidance counselor at school to see if there is a program like that around.

I just don't want you to end up hurting yourself while I just sit quietly in the corner. So please stick around, and PM me if you want to chat, OK?