Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Simple Life

Originally posted by Soledad
    I thought the two girls were cute and funny about the whole thing.
    So did I

Goodness people, let's not make this into something it's not, no need for anyone to get upset. It's just a show that some of us like and others don't.
    Personally I think it's hilarious and will watch it again!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I thought they came across as very sweet. Lord knows I wouldn't know what to do if put in that situation, and I'm certainly not accustomed to the kind of lifestyle these girls are. I think both the girls and the family seem like nice people who are having a good time and being good sports.

I'd never call Paris or anybody else *Low*. I've never even met them.

I've never understood the perception that having money is *evil* and having none is *noble*. It's great for people to talk all the time about how they're broke. It's like common conversation. But it's rude to talk about having money. Funny.

It's a television show for goodness sake. Don't take it so seriously and start completely trashing people.

Being rich is NOT an excuse. They have a major lack of respect! they stole the car when they shouldn't, and then go out and make out with everyboy in town. My god, have a little self respect!

The way they treated the farmer at their first job, spilling the milk everywhere and then filling it up with water? I would have slapped them silly. They were contaminating the people's milk supply. Just because you live differently doesn't mean you should not respect the people you live with, or work with!

I do think the show is funny though. But my god, they really need to learn some manners! I agree with Jynelle. She's parading around like some slut. She should be emberassed of herself. I know a lot of people with money, a heck of a lot more than myself, but at least they have respect towards others.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I forgot to watch it! I wanted to see it too!

Does it come on again tonight?

Oh man, the episode last night was too funny! I laughed for the full 30 minutes!! Paris is amazing....lol, I absolutely love her. I couldn't think of two better girls to use for this show.

I know! Last night's show did not disappoint.

Excellent material, Fox!!

P.S. Cassandra, they did not "steal" the car. It's their's to use while they're there. Keep in mind that they're both over the age of 18 and probably don't like to be told when to go out. I know that if someone tried to tell me that at age 21 I could not be out past midnight I'd sneak right out, too!

I couldn't agree more Soledad!!

The car is not theirs to use whenever they want. They need to ask permission. To take it without asking is wrong. And so is what they did with the milk.

Their totally disgusting, funny, but have a major lack of respect for others and themselves, ESPECIALLY themselves. Their just grose!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Meh.. You guys are making me jealous!

When does it come on again?

I actually feel sorry for them. They don't know how to do anything for themselves. Poor girls. And to parade around town half naked, and to be so vain that they must stare in the mirror at themselves for 20 minutes before they go outside..................sad.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

hangs head
    It takes me an hour to get ready to go anywhere. If you can get ready in less than 20 minutes, I'm amazed.

Here, here, 2Kitties. It'll be a cold day in hell when it takes me 20 minutes or under to be ready.

Seriously, people, if you take these girls so seriously that you're disgusted and sickened by their every move, it's time to look into your own soul.

Originally posted by 2kitties
    hangs head
    It takes me an hour to get ready to go anywhere. If you can get ready in less than 20 minutes, I'm amazed.

I didn't say get ready, I said STARE AT HERSELF! She was parading around in front of the mirror, puckering her lips for herself.......YUCK! They are easy girls, and I am sure we will see a lot of sexual thing before the shows end. I find it totally disgusting (there Soledad I spelt it right, ) that they are kissing all those guys they don't even know, and then the remark about the threesome. It's just grose IMHO!

Soledad, I am totally fine with myself. I do not walk around town with my ass hanging out and kissing all the boys in town. SLUTS! EASY SLUTS!

I don't know how a lack for respect of one's body comes across as funny. I laugh at their stupidity and hope they learn a lesson at the end of this show.........to be thankful for what they have.

God forbid what should happen if they one day lost their money. I mean who are they going to hand the business over to when the parents die? Surely not them!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

I just about died laughing when they showed Paris looking in the mirror to "I'm too sexy." She seriously has one of the most vapid looks in her eyes that I've ever witnessed. I was seriously transfixed by how empty she seems.

But it doesn't incite rage or disgust in me. *shrug*

And I really don't think they dress that skimpily. I've seen worse on the streets out here. The plumber's butt look is not carried off by Paris alone.

I think "respecting your body" is to each their own. I respect my body and have no problem wearing whatever I like. Low jeans and short skirts- I think they're cute. And lord knows I've kissed enough boys in my time For me, I choose not to sleep around, but joking around about a threesome is just that: joking around. However, some women are very free with their sexuality and do not have emotional issues with having casual sex. I say Go For It. It doesn't hurt me in the least. In fact, some may consider that sort of freedom as "respectful of the body." We can't project our own morals on others.