Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My cat is sick, please help!!!!

Hi Krystal,

I am glad to hear that Stardust is going to be okay. I bought a cat about 18 years ago, (paid 10 dollars for her)I think she was part Simease, she had the beautiful blue eyes anyway, not the black marking, anyway the reason I bought her was because the lady that had her was moving back to New Zealand and I wanted her so bad.

Well when I got her home, I realized she was very pregnant, she was huge with kittens. I loved her anyway, and she done okay having the kittens. I did have her spayed after she was done raising her kittens and I found good homes for them. It is better that you have her spayed so you don't have to keep going through this pregnancy thing with her, and she will become closer to you too.

I lost her last year to some sort of heart disease. I still miss her, but I have Grover now, that is her in my signature. I had her spayed a couple months ago, and I am really happy I done that. Of course I am glad that the mother of Grover was not spayed before I got her, or I would not have her now. LOL.

I know you are happy about the new kittens, I love kittens, they are so much fun to watch. However you will be happier when you get your sweet little Stardust spayed, when they come in heat, they become different cats, you would think they were dying, the way they scream and cry. I was quite relieved to get Grover spayed, because I didn't want to have to go through all the stuff that comes along with it.

Nobody hates you, okay? I know you are just excited about the kittens, and nobody here wants to make you feel bad.

By the way welcome to Pet Talk. I want to see pictures of your Stardust. I am sure we all want to see the pictures too. Okay?

I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!! I didn't get to go to grannys house, because I'm the granny in the family so everybody was at my house. Whew!! I am beat. Sometimes its hard being a granny. I love it anyway!!!
    Last edited by trayi52; 11-28-2003 at 12:49 AM.

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    It sounds as if you got Stardust when she was a kitten...It sounds as if that wasn't too long ago. I don't know the gestation period of a cat, but I know it isn't that long. When did you get her?
    I think it's approximately 60 days.

Micki, I think your right. Their gestation is about the same as a dog isn't it?

It must be; a dog is about 60-64 days.
    I've been BOO'd!

Ok, guys. I promise I will get her spayed. I PROMISE. I can't get any pictures up, my computer doesn't have a scanner. But, I will tell you what she looks like. She is a pretty Calico with a perfectly shaped star on her forehead. Not trying to brag or change the subject, but my parakeet will say "Star! Star!" if he sees my cat. LOL. Ok, back to the cat, I will get her spayed. And if you're wondering, the vets office where I live is open on holidays. I don't know why, but I guess it's good. Bye everyone! Please don't be mad at me, I know this lady is going to take good care of the kittens. And I WILL get my cat spayed after she has the kittens.

Krystal12345

As I said, all of your posts seem a little off, and as Gini said.. one plus one USUALLY equals two.... but it's not here.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Hmmmm......the 12345 just makes me think of Jessica.....AND, her first post was nearly cryptic, then the later posts...very well written. AND, I just don't understand how a kitten that is mainly inside, gets pregnant...and why a pregnant kitten would stop eating and drinking....and...oh, forget it. We won't ever know anyhow.

What about the 12345? I didn't copy anyone. And stop not beliving me! The person I bought my cat from had alot of cats. She might have gotten pregnant there. AND, my cat isn't a kitten. Weren't you guys reading my posts? And, what do you mean my posts are off? I don't get it. Well, there's no stoping me now. I'm going to sell my cat. Then, I won't have to worry about you saying that she's not pregnant! I'm sick of it. I'm serious. I will sell my cat if you guys don't stop this. I wanted you guys to give me some tips for a pregnant cat. But some of you guys are too busy complaining about my cat being pregnant. It's not my fault!!!!!! Thank you all the people who were actually NICE to me.

Krystal12345 (and I didn't copy anyone.)

Um.. First, You dont need to get so defensive, spaying and nutering your cats or dogs is a big thing here on pettalk, so dont expect to come here and tell us your cat is pregnant and then expect us to be overly excited about it.. Second, Why would someone sell their cat just because a message board, (full of people you dont even know might i add), say that they are irresponsible for not spaying their cat, odd.. I for one wouldn't say "Well, because Pettalk thinks i should get rid of cami or cali, im just going to go ahead and sell her!" Umm Strange? Third, Your posts were 'off' because you said almost completely different things in all of them, they werent all the same, and most of them didnt make sense.. IMO

Catnip- I didnt even notice that! Now that you say it..........

Ok. I'm sorry guys. I won't sell my cat. Can we just forget about this thread? I'm not trying to be defensive. You know what? I know spaying is a big thing here at Pet Talk, so after she has her kittens, I will get her spayed. But, I was excited because, you know how baby animals are, I love them. What I'm trying to say is... I wish you guys would just be a little nicer. That's all I ask. So you don't have to get mad by reading this. Go ahead. You can add me to your ignore list.

Krystal

But why did you say you would sell your cat? Do you really not love her as much as you say? Everyone loves baby animals! We just think if you get your cat spayed, there wont be much of a risk for her to develop serious problems.. Thats what we are trying to tell you.. And yes, i too would be excited at the same time, but remeber millions and millions of cats are born daily and there arent enough homes for all of them, or there isnt enough room for them in the shelter, so they have to be put down.. Or if the kitten becomes a cat, noone wants big cats, they all look for little babies! You know the cuteness of a baby kitten is priceless!

Morning sickness?

I know what you're trying to say. But I will get her spayed. Don't worry, the person that we are going to sell the kittens to is very nice. She has three other cats at her house, and they are nice. They will be nice to the kittens. Oh, and, I love my cat VERY much, by the way. Bye, everybody.

Krystal12345

I agree about the Jessica thing. It is suspicious. I didn't believe it was her at first, because I didn't believe that Jessica would make her username so conspicous. But than maybe that's what she'd want us to think. After that thread she just made about Karen emailing her and asking who she was...I don't think Karen would email someone that question unless she truly believed something was up.
    I've been BOO'd!

Do NOT, I repeat, do not speculate publicly about who might be some old member, please. It never helps the situation, good or bad. PM, email, sure, but don't post it.