Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Get your own back with Pet haters!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
    Thats all i am gonna say !
    .:|KrIsTiN|:.

I'd have had the displeasure of meeting people who have been rude to my pets. One time, we had a Mary Kay lady come to the house for a demonstration. She SHOVED Nicki out of the way (yes, Nicki was being a major pest) but SHE had no right to shove Nicki! she could have asked something along the lines of "could you please put her outside, or somewhere that she can't be in my way?" No, she decided to shove Nicki. Of course I would have been likely insulted at the request to put her outside! Its Nicki's house too!

Anyway, I decided to thank her for her time, but we weren't in the market for Mary Kay at the moment and showed her the door.

If you are invited into someone else's house, you are a GUEST and should respect the ways that the homeowner lives. You wouldn't dream of making fun of what a lousy housekeeper they were, or tease them about the outrageously expensive car in their driveway, why should they feel comfortable to make sick jokes about my pets, or worse - harm my pets?

When we first got Connor we only had him for 2 days. He had been locked up in a batroom all of his life and was EXTREMLY hyper.

My cousin came over and kept making remarks like "He is soo bad" "Can't you keep him under controlle!!" etc. etc. She would acctually try to punish them!! That was the last straw everytime she said something like "Nova come and sit." i would say "O no, it's ok" and she would shut up boy did she ANOY me!!

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

I get a LOT of rude comments about my animals, even from people who haven't seen them!

Now, I know that a lot of people don't care for snakes or tarantulas or insects. That's why they're in my room, not in the main part of the house, so that our more skittish guests can still enjoy themselves at our house without being freaked out by the spider skittering around or whatever. That doesn't seem to matter to some people though...

"Why would you WANT to have a tarantula as a pet?!"
    "Eew, that's digusting!"
    "Ugh, how do you put up with them?"

A few days ago I was out in the back breaking up some bed-a-beast for Evelyn Eve's tank, and I had her on my shoulders. My neighbor came out, looked at me poking around in a bucket of dirt, and asked what I was doing. I told him I was making soil for a terrarium. When he asked me what the terrarium was for, I pointed to Eve and he said "Oh, sorry I asked, I'll NEVER ask again!" and took off.....

Now, I try not to scare people with my animals, but it hurts when people so openly express disgust at the fact that ANYBODY could possibly like these animals.

Thank you Wolf_Q!