Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kind of Mad...

Noahsmommy,

That really sucks that your friend let you down. What really bothered me was the dirty syringe. We're talking about your cats health here. Totally unacceptable.

As far as calling her on it, you're probably right about upsetting her. And like Johanna said, if she was that great a friend, she would've done what was expected of her. If she should ask why you got another sitter, THEN I'd be honest with her.

Vet techs and assistants are GREAT pet sitters. Not only can they care for your pets, but if an emergency arises, they'll know what to do.

God forbid if something happened to one of your cats while you were gone. That dirty syringe really has me hopping mad

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

oh dear.....

I do hope you find someone or place that is reliable for your cats, a real shame, i guess your friendship will be a little different from now on, i know i would feel rather annoyed and even if i said nothing i am sure it would effect our friendship.
    I choose a cattery for my cats, as u all know they are indoor/outdoor, so a sitter is not suitable, i carefully checked them all out in my city, and got referred by my sister n law for this one, its in the country, no dogs, less stress for the cats, and it is always so clean,no smells, he has a lovely outdoor area for the cats with sun umbrellas, i have always been pleased when i pick them up, they always look in the same condition as i left them, the cattery owner takes time to know the cats and u can tell he really likes them, in summer he has a fan going as well.
    I still hate leaving them, and taking them to a different enviroment,as i know they still stress, and lexie is one i really will hate to leave, ash is getting used to it now.
    My cattery pencarrow cattery charges 7.50 dollars a day per cat, or 8.50 for one for standard unit, as we only ever go away for a few days i use the standard unit. I can provide my own food if i want up to me, but he has all the good stuff, he serves biscuits in the morning and red meat at night.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Originally posted by smokey the elder
    Whether you're using a professional or volunteer pet sitter, you should right up a protocol for them to follow. Print out a checklist for each cat for each day; have them check everything off. (I work in pharma, can you tell? )
    That's the thing that made me mad too, I leave explicit instructions for each cat...they are almost to the point of insulting someone's intelligence, but I want to make sure they are understood.

Oh well, I'm just glad its over and we found an even better person to watch the cats. I'm actually wondering if I should even add any effort to this relationship...I've decided not to call her and see how long it takes for her to initiate a call. I also learned something sickening last night about this whole situation.

We were talking about this with my parents at dinner last night and my mom said, "Well, is her hubby the type to take out his anger on the cats?" (They work together and haven't been getting along lately.) David said YES!!!!! I couldn't beleive it. How sick can a person be????? He will NEVER set foot in my house again!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

well i never

oh dear, oh dear, not a revelation you wanted to hear, but maybe just as well eh, i think that friendship i on its way out by the sounds of it, and maybe just as well, he probably is the type to boot the cats when he is annoyed, some people, well it was not a good experience for you thats for sure, but at least you know now. good luck with finding new sitters
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️