Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Findlay Dog Park?

That would be fine by me, kinda like a potluck?
    Well, Leslie if It is chilly again I will bring the hot chocolate?!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I'll bring some kind of side dish and some drinks-what does everyone like? I make a mean macarroni salad or coleslaw!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I'm getting excited! I can't wait to meet everybody.

I'm also going to ask one of my friends if she'll be able to go. She has 2 huskies also. Wouldn't you love to meet these two?
    Yes, we hope that they get to come along! I wanna meet as many of the people on here and their pups as I can. I'm going to be missing my girls so badly that I will need lots of dogs around to distract me some. This will be the first time I've ever been away from any one of my girls over night except when the older two got spayed!!!! Those are my girls!!

12:30 works for me! Leslie, I would love to ride down with you and your pups. Andy may come along as well, depending on the weather. I'll brave the cold, but hopefully it'll warm up soon!

Hopefully Donna will get back to you about getting a ride down.

I'm trying to think of a nice dish to pass.

Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs

Well how does 12:30 sound? If I remember correctly, it took about 2.5 hours to get there, so if we left at around 10 we would be there by 12:30.

Kimmy, how does that sound? Is that too early for you? Donna, do you want to ride with Kimmy and I in my minivan, or are you going with someone else? Kimmy, do you still want to carpool with me?

Amy, I no longer have directions, and I am not sure if Kimmy does any longer either, would you mind jotting down directions and either emailing it to me and/or Kimmy or faxing it to me? Thanks
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Hi everyone!

I'm posting from CT. 12:30 sounds good to me. I can make a pot of chili if you like, since I'm not working and have ALOT of time on my hands.

I was going to bring the "Original Michigan Couch Potato" Ashley with me. She's a 12 year old mix who rarely gets out (My SIL's dog ) She is not aggressive in anyway so I'm sure she'd get along well with all the dogs.

I will also make some snickerdoodles (they are SO easy to make).

I'll be back on Monday, 3/17. I'll bring the chili and cookies.

Kim, I can follow you if that's okay. I don't know if your car will fit 2 dogs and 3 adults.

I can't wait! Another Pet Talk reunion!! I'll let you know how my reunion in CT goes.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Originally posted by moosmom
    Hi everyone!

I'm posting from CT. 12:30 sounds good to me. I can make a pot of chili if you like, since I'm not working and have ALOT of time on my hands.

I was going to bring the "Original Michigan Couch Potato" Ashley with me. She's a 12 year old mix who rarely gets out (My SIL's dog ) She is not aggressive in anyway so I'm sure she'd get along well with all the dogs.

I will also make some snickerdoodles (they are SO easy to make).

I'll be back on Monday, 3/17. I'll bring the chili and cookies.

Kim, I can follow you if that's okay. I don't know if your car will fit 2 dogs and 3 adults.

I can't wait! Another Pet Talk reunion!! I'll let you know how my reunion in CT goes.
    Hi Donna,

I am driving down from Berkley (right near the Detroit Zoo). Kim is going to meet me at my house and we'll carpool from there. I have a minivan and there will be Kim & possibly Andy, Kersey (who will be in the back), Graham and Kia. There should probably be room for you and Ashley. When you are back from CT, PM me if you want to come with us, or if you want to follow us. I'll give you my home number and directions.

Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs
    [B]I have a minivan and there will be Kim & possibly Andy, Kersey (who will be in the back), Graham and Kia. There should probably be room for you and Ashley.
    Leslie, are you allowing room for the chili, snickerdoodles, placesettings? Don't want to forget that

The warmer weather has been thinking, (I know, it's a dangerous thing!), but the Dog Park can get REALLY muddy!! Might be a good idea to bring towels for wiping the dogs down before heading home and/or blankets to protect car seats

Also, I don't know if the water at the park will beback on by then so some jugs of water may be a good idea also!

Thanks

Leslie,

That'd be great! Or I can follow you in my car. Doesn't matter to me. I'll bring the 6 gal jug of water for all the pups. I'll also PM you when I get home. Looking forward to it!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Yippee!!! I am going to be there. I connected with Anna, and I will come up to her, then we will drive together the rest of the way. What about a master plan as to who will bring what, food wise? I will bring anything, and was thinking of that tasty brocoli dish...cold salad, with purple onion??? I think the weather should be fine by then.....I am sooo hugely excited, but, sadly, without a dog....

Yeah! Glad to hear you will be joining us Johanna!! I'm wondering if I should call the park and make sure the shelter house next to the dog park is not booked... I wouldn't think so, that early in the spring, but maybe if it isn't too expensive I'll reserve it just to be sure.

Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
    Yeah! Glad to hear you will be joining us Johanna!! I'm wondering if I should call the park and make sure the shelter house next to the dog park is not booked... I wouldn't think so, that early in the spring, but maybe if it isn't too expensive I'll reserve it just to be sure.

That is a good idea, Amy. I would be suprised, but, you never know. Let us all know the cost, and I am sure between us we can come up with the money.

YEAAAAAAAAAA!
    Ha Johanna I am soooo smart!!! he he
    dogless??? that's no problem we WANT you there anyway!!!
    I am so excited.

What does everyone think of a nice Taco salad and peach cobbler? I know we are having cookies but there is always room for dessert
    OH and I FORGOT TO SAY
    Donna, CHILI SOUNDS GREAT!!!

Did I mention that Keegan and I can't wait?!!

Originally posted by shais_mom
    What does everyone think of a nice Taco salad and peach cobbler? I know we are having cookies but there is always room for dessert
    OH and I FORGOT TO SAY
    Donna, CHILI SOUNDS GREAT!!!

Did I mention that Keegan and I can't wait?!!
    It all sounds fantastic. I am so excited I had my car all fixed up on Monday (4 new tires, oil change, wheel allignment, as well as this other thing that was wrong with it that I can't remember the name of). It's all ready and set to hit the road I am so excited! It's going to be even bigger then last time we all met there.

I did invite the people who adopted Ellie, one of the two aussie mix puppies that I fostered during Christmas time. I hope they come, but I am not sure they will. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It would be nice to see Ellie in person. I have seen some pics of her and she's so pretty!