Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Here's Ripley!!

Pam,

Loved the picture of Bella & Ripley watching you from the
    window. Great pic. Must say, that Bella is looking gorgeous
    and so slim & trim. About Ripley's mistakes in the house, I
    made the same connection myself with Moki. He often did not
    stay out long enough to do all his business. Sometimes they
    just need more time to just sniff around I guess.
    Ripley looks all poodle to me & he's a great addition to your
    furry gang. Congrats again on finding this little guy.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Ups and Downs

I think Ripley might be getting the idea of "outside" with his poopies. This morning I let him out and he did both numbers and then after he ate I was planning to take him out again and he actually walked over to the back door. Often when I open the door he will look behind him to see if I am following. Today he didn't. Just walked right down into the yard and pooped! YAY! I was in the yard at 7:00 a.m. praising this tiny little guy like some kind of nut. The neighbors will have me committed.

The 'down' thing is that he has coughed a couple of times in the last day or two and I even mentioned it to the vet. It is not a big horrible cough but sounds like how a dog sounds when they pull on the leash and sort of choke themselves. He felt he might be on the tail end of kennel cough. Well, last night in the middle of the night my Bella started coughing and she still is today. I think we can assume that it really is kennel cough and now she has it. My Pumpkin (RB) developed this once after we had boarded him while on vacation. It was years and years ago so I don't remember if we had medication for him or not. I'm going to start a Kennel Cough thread to see if anyone can share their knowledge with me. Being a Sunday, I can't reach my vet and it is not something worthy of an Emergency Vet.

One last thing - I watched Animal Precinct last night. (I don't know why I do because it usually upsets me so much). One of the stories was about a matted white poodle who was left outside for 4 WEEKS tied to a post after her humans (and I use that term loosely) took off for parts unknown. If anyone saw AP last night you got a good idea of how Ripley looked when I first saw him. Just awful!

Oh Leslie, we named the little guy. Actually my hubby did. At the shelter he was only a number.
    Last edited by Pam; 01-19-2003 at 07:18 AM.

Hi Pam,

I'm so happy things are going good. I hope little Ripley doesn't take as long as Peka did to stop having accidents!

As far as kennel cough, it is best to let them just get over it without medication. The vet we use at work gives us medication when we have dogs who have kennel cough but my vet disagrees with that. I've also read on the internet that its better to just let them get over it without meds. You're safe waiting until tomorrow to call your vet and ask what he advises. I would just go with what he says if you trust him.

I've had several fosters with kennel cough and it has always gone away quickly. When a dog at work gets it though, they have to be isolated for 10 days and put on meds.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Oh Pam, I am in love, you know how I love those black dogs, he is just adorable. Oh he is so cute, I love him. I absolutely love the picture of the gorgeous Bella with Ripley. What a beautiful pair you have there and it is working out so well. I guess you know I am quite jealous, lol I would love another dog so much. You must be having so much fun with both of them right now. Congratulations on your new baby, wonderful choice.
    Jackie

Congratulations Pam (and Bella too!)

I don't know how I missed this! Ripley is such a little cutie pie, and it looks like him & Bella get along famously I'm so happy for you both. More pictures when you get time please

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

aww... I missed this thread for a while... BUT

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so glad Ripley is fitting in so well and him and Bella make a perfect poodle puppy team!!! The picture of him in your signature with the blue sweater on is just toooo adorable. Give them all a big kiss for me!!

Just walked right down into the yard and pooped! YAY! I was in the yard at 7:00 a.m. praising this tiny little guy like some kind of nut. The neighbors will have me committed.
    *LOL*
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

AAwww Pam he is precious!!
    Congratulations!! I am so happy for all of you!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Hi everybody - Ripley here!! I just wanted to let you know that I am settling in and having so much fun. My new family loves me and I love them. My big Sis, Bella, is so sweet to me and lets me share her toys and her food and we gets along soo good. Here's a picture my Mommy took of us havin' breakfast. I don't gots an official doggie bowl of my own yet. My Mommy said she'll get me one next time she goes to the doggie/kitty store.

I does all of my poopies and pees outside now. I must have been taught that at my former home but I don't remember much about my life there. I think I wants to forget it 'cuz they didn't take very good care of me. One of these days when my hair grows back in I'm gonna look a little better but my new humans thinks I'm as cute as can be right now. I am happy to meet alla you other doggies and kitties here at PT. My mommy says you are all so sweet. Gee, can my life get any better!
    P.S. Our coughs are getting better. We don't cough at all except after we have been runnin' in the yard. My mommy tells us we shouldn't be runnin' but it so much fun we just can't help ourselves.

such good news

Pam, it is so nice to hear how smoothly Ripley has settled in. Hard to believe it - you are very lucky. I really think pets can sense when they have it made and they give up their little games and get with the program. I know that some new pets NEVER get it!

I am glad to hear that their coughs have improved and that you are on the verge of having a good night's sleep!

Hope all continues to run smoothly.

SAS

Oh Pam,

Bella & Ripley look so good together.

Your're so lucky & he's so lucky to have found each other. It's
    a match made in heaven. Thanks for this cute pic of your
    babies. I too am so glad to know that the coughs are about
    over with. It's so good to see them getting along so well.
    Hugs & smoochies to them both.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt