Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My beloved, beautiful Tommy

I am just so very sorry for your loss. The tribute to Tommy is beautiful.
    (((Hugs)) & prayers for you, Raven & Tasha.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

What a beautiful tribute to your loving Tommy.

I am so very sorry to hear about your Bobby's sudden death. I just watched your Tribute to him and it was wonderful-- meaningful song and such beautiful photos. It is obvious from the video that he was loved and special. I can see that you did indeed put your heart into his Tribute. It is so hard to lose a beloved pet and you have my condolences.

Oh Jess, I don't know how you made that except from pure love. That was beautiful. I'd never heard that song before but it was perfect. And I'm still so grateful to you for making Duke's. I don't know how you made it through making it but its a true work of beauty and love

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I didn't plan to face making a tribute for him for some time. But then I started feeling this incredible need to have something that showed what an amazing, precious, gentle, beloved soul he was. I prayed for guidance to help me, to let me find the pieces and put them together to make it worthy of him, to show both his inner and outer beauty.

I feel like I'll never stop crying again, that this sick hurt feeling will never stop. I wish I could just feel nothing for awhile, that I could just have a blank mind for awhile for a little reprieve, but I just can't get that. Not right now.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by K9soul View Post
    Please see his tribute video. I tore my heart out and put it into making it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyGDiOIIex0
    That was one of the most beautiful tributes I have ever seen. I love the music by Enya. I have tears watching it. The music is so moving.

I wish I could hug you and help to take away your pain.

I'm so sorry. I saw Kari's FB post about it and have dreaded coming here to see this thread. He'll always be with you no matter what. May he watch over you and the other pups.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Thanks for sharing Tommy's beautiful tribute with us. He sure was a gorgeous dog. I know how hard it must've been to make it but it may also be a bit theraputic as well. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Oh Jessica my heart sank when i saw this, tears are flowing for you and Tommy. I am so very sorry. You will be in my thoughts .

My Clover girl will show you around Tommy. Rest easy big fella .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Tommy was one of a kind. He was one of my favorites on PT. I loved him instantly after seeing one picture of him for the first time a long time ago. I am so sorry for the loss of Tommy. He was definitely one of the most beautiful Goldens I had seen. My heart breaks for you, and you know, that video tribute? You did a incredible job with it. It is a beautiful tribute. Just know that Tommy is still with you. You both will be reunited again someday. Meanwhile up there at the RB, my Benny, Anna, and Rosie will be playing with Tommy, showing him around also!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Quote Originally Posted by K9soul View Post
    I didn't plan to face making a tribute for him for some time. But then I started feeling this incredible need to have something that showed what an amazing, precious, gentle, beloved soul he was. I prayed for guidance to help me, to let me find the pieces and put them together to make it worthy of him, to show both his inner and outer beauty.

I feel like I'll never stop crying again, that this sick hurt feeling will never stop. I wish I could just feel nothing for awhile, that I could just have a blank mind for awhile for a little reprieve, but I just can't get that. Not right now.
    I had to go back and look at it a second and third time.

I wish I had done something like this for Casey. I guess it isn't too late. I honestly do not know how to make a video like that with a mixture of pics and other videos. What program do you use?

Beautiful Tommy

There are no words, Jess. Tommy was one in a million, the gentlest, sweetest soul God ever put on this earth. He touched me from the very first day I met him here on PT so many years ago. My heart is broken into a million pieces, thinking he left you so suddenly, without warning; knowing the indescribable sadness you're feeling. Never was a dog more loved, Jess, and he knew that, every minute of his life. I will watch your beautiful tribute video tonight, and cry a bit more, a whole lot more, for precious Tommy and my dear friend.
    Love, Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Happylabs - I use Proshow Gold

I just want to say thank you again. In the way that you may feel "I'm sorry" is inadequate, I feel that "thank you" is inadequate to truly express how much your caring words, your shared sadness mean to me. With all the differences of opinion and feelings here, this is one thing we all share in, the understanding of just how much our pets mean to us and how deeply they become intertwined in our being.

A while back, I read a book by Dean Koontz called A Big Little Life (thanks to Staci's recommendation and bringing it to my attention). It is about Dean's love of dogs and in particular his special golden retriever, Trixie. As the chapters wound down to the final one and I came to the inevitable sad end that is unavoidable, he said some profound statements that deeply touched me.

I remembered this today, and found the book so that I could reread those passages. I would like to share a couple of them here that had particular meaning to me and may also to you.

"No matter how close we are to another person, few human relationships are as free from strife, disagreement, and frustration as is the relationship you have with a good dog. Few human beings give of themselves to another as a dog gives of itself. I also suspect that we cherish dogs because their unblemished souls make us wish--consciously or unconsciously--that we were as innocent as they are, and make us yearn for a place where innocence is universal and where the meanness, the betrayals, and the cruelties of this world are unknown."

"Dogs' lives are short, too short, but you know that going in. You know the pain is coming, you're going to lose a dog, and there's going to be great anguish, so you live fully in the moment with her, never fail to share her joy or delight in her innocence, because you can't support the illusion that a dog can be your lifelong companion. There's such beauty in the hard honesty of that, in accepting and giving love while always aware it comes with an unbearable price. Maybe loving dogs is a way we do penance for all the other illusions we allow ourselves and for the mistakes we make because of those illusions."

Maybe that helps give an answer to the agonizing "why" when our hearts are torn in two at the passing of these angels on earth.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

And, to give you a smile, I bet he has left not only footprints on all your lives, but little Golden hairs strewn around the fabric of your existence, and many years from now, you'll be unpacking an old sweater or garment and find one, golden and perfect, just a little reminder that all the cleaning and vacuuming in the world cannot make up for one determined Golden's furry "gift!"
    I've Been Frosted

I had no idea Dean had written a dog book. His words are beautiful and you can tell he's really experienced a special dog in his life. I'll have to get that book and read it.

Karen, you are so right. It happened to me a few times. I'd tuck them in my jean pocket.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06