Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dublin OH Irish Festival! More Catmobile Midwest fun!

Oh, I'm so excited! Cassie, Merlin, Ming,Star Cassandra Josephine Spunkette Ghost Killearn, lvpets crew from Texas, I'll be at the airport to greet you. As far as I know, the rest of the gang will be meeting at Groucho's and they'll pick us up in the Catmobile. I have learned an instrument! I wanted to make sure I could play before I announced it - I'll show you when we meet!

Side note: don't forget the cowboy gear, too, for where we're going after this weekend!

See you all soon! Love ya!

Purrs, Pinot

...respectfully posted via Catberry Mobile...
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Slick, thank you for keeping me updated on Ming's antics, er..adventures! Mac and Kimba will be arriving in MD. tonight, no instruments, thank God! Our Catmobile group is sure growing by leaps and bounds, isn't it?
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

My gang want to remind the driver of the Catmobile that on the drive from Baltimore to Dublin, to be sure and swing by Ann Arbor to pick up Bob and Sydney with their Uilleann pipes, Sparkler with her dancing (Scottish, Irish, and square) shoes, Nelson with his bodhran, and the other four with ...what? anything? (I seem to be hearing the sounds of flutes and tinwhistles around the apartment lately)...
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oh, I'm so excited about this trip! The Catmobile is here and ready to go. Soncat is on his way to pick up our cheezburgers right now. Sophie arrived safe and sound, have any of you seen her limo???? That is one sweet ride! Last night Sophie spent a lot of time talking with Meowmie. Every time I walked by they stopped talking, could something be up?

This afternoon Inka and Sophie went shopping at Quakerbridge Mall. They came back with so many packages they had to take a taxi. I'm not sure of what all they got but there's a big trunk here. Several of our other fellow kitties arrived a short while ago so now we'll start to party.

Okay everyone, charge your cell phones tonight and make sure they're on in the morning. We'll be getting an early start and will call you when we get to your neighborhood. Pinot, I'll check in with you later.

Your friend,
    Groucho
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I dropped off the furbabies at the airport at 10pm last night. They could not get a direct flight to MD so right now I guess they are sitting in the Chicago airport waiting on the next leg of the journey. Should be there by noon.

It was an absolute pleasure having Ming here. He's so polite and so talented. He tried to show Merlin how to play up the bagpipes; the neighbours knocked on my door to see if everything was OK.

I told Merlin to text often but not sure if he will follow through as his head was in the clouds at the thought of seeing Sparkler again.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Hi mom!
    I'm staying at Groucho's but today we'll pick everyone up in the catmobile. I went shopping with Inka yesterday and bought a lot of great things and gifts and party supplies and a little something for my bfff Chels (btw, where is she?).... I used your Platinum credit card, hope you don't mind..

Bye!
    Sophie
    --posted via CatBerry Mobile
    astrid

Chels and Franklin are on their way. Things have not been good here - my dad had a stroke, died 2 weeks later and then my mom died 5 days after dad. I needed the comfort only kitties can provide....
    However, life goes on so I told The Princess and Franklin to get their gear together and get on that plane. They made all the arrangements so I'm not sure about their itinerary but I did hear bits of conversation, mostly stuff about Sophie, Ming, BBQ and bagpipes....
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

I am so sorry for your losses. Yes, kitties are the best cheer-you-up medicine there is. I hope things get better for you very soon.

I'm so sorry, Diane, to learn of your two losses, the one following the other so closely.

My kitties with all their paraphernalia are all eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Catmobile. I'm sure all kitties at both the Irish Fest and the Surprise Birthday Party will have you in their minds and be sending you purrs of comfort and peace.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and ,

Pat and the kitties
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Diane, I'm sorry about all that's happened....prayers...

Sophie, don't worry, Chels made it to MD and you should all be together by now. I'm sure I'll get an update soon....will let you all know. Update purrents!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Diane, please accept my heartfelt condolences. Yes life goes on, but at the same time you need time to grieve. It's amazing what kitty love can do, isn't it? I offer up these {{{hugs}}} until your babies return from the trip.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Diane, I will tell Ming to be extra nice to the Princess and Franklin.

yes! Chels and Franklin are here! Cassie and Inka planned a nice afternoon together to cheer them up, they found this lovely cafe and we'll spend some time there.. and then, maybe, we'll go shopping, but I'm not sure.. I don't know if they want...

bye for now!
    Sophie
    --posted via CatBerry Mobile
    astrid

The Ann Arbor kitties were all picked up and are on their way!

I was over at my sister's last evening. Nelson was very excited, looking forward to the adventure, but he was also a bit nervous. He is quite shy, and he was afraid the other cats might not like him. I assured him, they'll LOVE you!, and I told my seven to watch out for him to be sure he's all right.

I don't think he will have any trouble, though. He is a handsome solid-brown tabby and looks much like Bob (except Nelson doesn't wobble). He has a sweet, charming personality, too. As a musician, he is an ACE on the bodhran.. and while I was there he gave a demonstration of his skill at Sean Nos (Irish a capella) singing.. perfect!

Who knows, maybe he will even find Romance during this big adventure, as so many other kitties have done!
    Death thought about it.

I just got a call from Groucho and Inka. The Catmobile is on the way and everything is going great. There's plenty of food and the jokes are flying. Pat, everyone absolutely adores Nelson! Groucho says he's officially one of the guys and can tell a joke with the best of them. Inka, Sophie, and Chels said he's so handsome and charming. Nelson has connected with the Quartet and did very well at their practice session plus he and Sparkler reaaly have their rhythm down solid. The other Catmobile kitties have already asked him to join in on future trips. Please let us know if you hear from Nelson?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE