Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: can you believe this?

Quote Originally Posted by IRescue452 View Post
    If I ran an apartment complex it would be absolutely NO CHILDREN, but pet friendly. The kids above me must spend 3 hours a night jumping off of furniture. They knock things off my shelves and keep me from sleeping when I have work early mornings.
    Oh dear. How terrible.
    My kids used to jump on my head first thing each morning. They were like little alarm clocks...yep, woke me up every day.

But yeah, I agree with you. I think there should be apartment complex's for people without children, or at least buildings constructed with little lockable basements that we could herd the little brats into with a whip each day so that we could all get our sleep.
    And no restaurants for them either, we should put their food on the end of a stick and feed them through the bars of little holding pits that should be available to all respectable "children free but pets welcome" establishments.

How dare they disrupt our lives so. I blame society.

"I'm Back !!"

2. Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Or Gay.

There was a case in Indy where a Gay group order a tray of cookies at the city market. They wanted the cookies decorated with rainbow colored sprinkles. (It was to celebrate some Gay event in the city) The store owner
    refused their order because he didn't want to "endorse" their event.

The shop got so much bad press I think they changed their mind, but by
    then the group bought their cookies elsewhere.
    Not exactly. Sexual orientation is not a protected class under federal law. Some states (not surprisingly CA is one of them. I suspect my home state of Indiana is not) extend protection to sexual orientation. But in states that do not it is legal to discriminate based on sexual orientation.

Fortunately, the market, the press (aka MSM) and basic human righteousness - take over - as in the situation you describe.

Well... Some restaurants are more appropriate for families than others. I don't think I'd take young children to Charlie Trotter's or Les Nomades. But at the same time there are good choices for families with kids -- most of the Lettuce Entertain You spots, the Cheesecake Factory or most of the restaurants on Navy Pier. I'd be disappointed if I didn't see families with children having fun at a place like that.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Some ideas..............

Cages For Children.
    These are especially handy if you'd like that quiet night out or perhaps that two week holiday in the Carribean. They are also good for those yuppies on a Sunday morning while sucking down orange juice and croissants and reading the obituaries.

The Portable Baby Cage.
    Made especially for your own little Prince or Princess, and ready to be thrown onto the back of your pickup. Good for those Saturday afternoon booze parties or wife swap meets.

Rope, Chain and Barbed Wire Leash's
    No more chasing playful children around parks or in the supermarket.
    Good energy saver for parents.

Restaurants With Light-Wells
    Somewhere to put your children whilst you enjoy your wine and nibblies in peace. Yes Legislation should require all restaurants to have at least one.

Failing that....well you could always just adopt them out.

"I'm Back !!"

For you parents wanting a night out without kids around.. now that Casey Anthony's getting out of jail this weekend, she'll probably be available for babysitting!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    For you parents wanting a night out without kids around.. now that Casey Anthony's getting out of jail this weekend, she'll probably be available for babysitting!
    Hee hee......that's a great idea.

"I'm Back !!"

In my much younger days, there were several occasions where a child was screeching or having a real tantrum - and it reminded me that I hadn't taken my birth control pill that day....
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    In my much younger days, there were several occasions where a child was screeching or having a real tantrum - and it reminded me that I hadn't taken my birth control pill that day....
    Jack and Jill went up the hill
    To fetch a pail of water
    Jill forgot to take the pill
    And now she's got a daughter.

"I'm Back !!"

Nothing worse than having some brat screaming all through the meal - would happily go to his restaurant
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Pawsitive Thinking View Post
    Nothing worse than having some brat screaming all through the meal - would happily go to his restaurant
    What ???? You would forego eating dinner with one hand while the baby vomits on your shoulder ????

"I'm Back !!"

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    What ???? You would forego eating dinner with one hand while the baby vomits on your shoulder ????
    Hard to believe. but yes Adore my daughter but other people's kids are mainly yeuch - didn't take her to restaurants until she was old enough to understand how to behave in them
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Pawsitive Thinking View Post
    Hard to believe. but yes Adore my daughter but other people's kids are mainly yeuch - didn't take her to restaurants until she was old enough to understand how to behave in them
    Naw....I took em in as soon as they could open their eyes. I figured "Why should I care? I'm taking my wife and daughter to dinner. What business is it of theirs?"
    It's my family you know. If the other diners don't like that, then they can go elsewhere.

"I'm Back !!"

I just saw in the news that the restruant right across the street from this guy's place has a big sign outside saying< " CHILDREN 6 AND UNDER WELCOME!" I think this will be very interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by davidpizzica View Post
    I just saw in the news that the restruant right across the street from this guy's place has a big sign outside saying< " CHILDREN 6 AND UNDER WELCOME!" I think this will be very interesting!
    Good news David.
    I'm waiting for Mr. Posh Restauranteur across the road to go broke, or else lose so much business that he'll change his mind quick smart.
    Serves him right. Our children are the future, how dare he treat them that way.

"I'm Back !!"

My mom and dad took my whole family out to dinner for their anniversary. A friend from church had told my mom about a local restaurant that had a playroom set up for kids. It was a nice restaurant and it really did have a playroom at the ready. My youngest nieces were probably 4 or 5 at the time. My mom had brought new crayons and coloring books for them, but the playroom was set up with lots of neat things. They loved it, we could see them from our table, and the whole thing turned out great. Some are just more family-friendly than others.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678