Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: So You Think ... SYTYCD 2011

I thought that at least Ryan did better this week, and wasn't grinning like a maniac. I just don't understand why the judges are barely judging, in terms of technique and execution! If I, who has not one ounce of dance training or ability in me, can spot flaws in routines, why aren't they pointing them out? I was glad they had a fourth judge, so the "celebrity judge" could just be a fan and gush, but I expect more of the actual judges.

Didn't particularly love the zombie routine, but liked most of the others. And thought Melanie and Marko did a truly great job with the emotion as well as the dance.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    I just watched the routine again . . . it's my favorite lyrical hip hop ever. Melanie has the face of an angel, and I seriously don't think any other guy could have partnered so well with her!
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Melanie! I really wanted to hear her answer about the kiss though. How does her husband feel about that? He probably doesn't mind and probably knows Marko anyway. It's all professional.

I wasn't keen on the zombie dance or Ryan and Ricky's routine. But this season seems to have some awesome dancers over all!

I really liked Kristen Chenoweth last night. She seemed to actually judge more than the previous guest judges.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh wow. Melanie and Marko are brilliant. That is probably in my top three favorite lyrical hip hop routines ever. AMAZING. So glad Ryan wasn't grinning like a Banshee, but I still don't enjoy watching her dance.
    I was coming here JUST to post about this dance lol. It was AMAZING. I teared up. They ARE, as Lil' C said, a POWER COUPLE. I really FELT that dance.

Very unfortunate for the couple that went after them though lol. How do you follow that routine?

I have to add that I also love Kristin Chenoweth. I adore her. she's just so spunky and full of zest for life. I love her.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Well, I agree with the guy who got sent home, and I don't disagree with the girl . . . I just wish another girl had gone home first. Ah, well, as long as she leaves next week, I'll be all right.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Yeah, I'm okay with who went home also. Strange how they have sent home three couples that were paired together. It will get interesting when people have to partner with someone new.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

WOW that guest couple that danced last night were amazing... not the couple with the guy in the wheelchair (although they were great too) but the other couple. those lifts... the strength that required and the stamina. they made it look effortless. I was very impressed

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    WOW that guest couple that danced last night were amazing... not the couple with the guy in the wheelchair (although they were great too) but the other couple. those lifts... the strength that required and the stamina. they made it look effortless. I was very impressed
    YES! I did too! And the wheelchair one was great too! It's not often they have so many great guest performances. Usually there is a rapper or something in the mix that I don't know or like.

I agree with everything said! I actually loved both guest dances tonight, which is sometimes not the case!
    I've Been Frosted

Can't wait to see the dances tonight!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Can't wait to see the dances tonight!

Me too!! I love this show! I can't even bring myself to critique anyone. Just love watching all the different dances. I'm also kind of an odd one because I enjoy everyone on the judging panel and love Cat. I love seeing what the choreagraphers will come up with too. I just love DANCE, probably because I can't....lol

Was anyone else disappointed tonight?

The show was 2 hours lOng for only 7 couples and each dance was only one and a half minutes? So there wasnt even a half an hour of dancing in a two hour show? The dances were all so short that it seemed like they didnt even get a chance to do anything worth remembering. Very disappointed tonight

Definitely not my favorite show of the season! I didn't really like Marko and Melanie's routine, although they did amazing with the choreography they were given. My favorite dance was Caitlynn and Mitchell (Caitlynn is my second favorite girl), that was incredible. And, surprisingly, my next favorite dance was the David Bowie "Fashion" routine with Ryan (my least favorite girl) and Ricky. LOVED it. I also really liked the waltz with Jordyn and Tadd. And, although I didn't love the salsa, I have to give props to the lifts! Yikes! Those were crazy!

I really liked the guys and girls group routines, those were awesome.

Overall, though, I felt the night was mediocre. I enjoyed hearing about the contestants' families and backgrounds, but the show was too long! Thank goodness for DVR, I watched the whole thing in less than an hour.

I thought the Zombie routine was well-danced by Ricky, but didn't anyone else notice that Ryan didn't extend her leg nearly as high or as far as his several times? Didn't love the salsa, but though they tried really hard, and while I thought Clarice and Jess did better this time than they have before, I was not impressed overall. I liked the siren routine and thought Jordan did a much better job this time. I do hope Sasha and Alexander are not in the bottom, though it wasn't their best, they are both great dancers.

Just my 2 cents!
    I've Been Frosted

yeah definitely no need for that to have been a TWO hour show. there was so much fluff I almost couldn't stand it. I eventually stopped watching in real time and watched something else so I could go to my DVR and fast forward through all the nonsense stuff.

7 couples, 1 and a half minute routines, plus two extra dances. so that's only like 15 minutes of dancing for a TWO HOUR SHOW? that's a bit much.

My issue with Ryan is that she's totally in her head. It's like she's not at all connected to her body. I bet that if she let herself feel, she would be not only be totally overcome with whatever emotion she pushes down, but would also make magic on stage.

So far, Marko and Tadd are my favourite guys, and Melanie is my favourite girl. I really don't like Ashley, and felt that she should have gone home last week over Miranda. My predictions for tonight, is that Chris will leave for the guys and I'm hoping Ashley is done for the girls.