Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Shelter tricked me - Pics included

Hmmmmmm

I'm thinking he's an Adorable Keeper.

Cassiesmom Tippy is great thank you for asking. Thanks for all the compliments. He is a gem. I truly enjoy Tippy.

In my experience, most shelter don't know how to identify breeds very well. It always seems that they pick out one characteristic and go with that as the dominant breed trait. Most of the time when the dog gets older people find that it is a mix of whatever breed the pet store told them. dog obedience
    Last edited by wallyblue; 01-26-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Alaskan Husky?

I wonder if he would be considered an Alaskan Husk?. I remember when I went on a cruise to Alaska last summer, during the stop in Skagway, I visited a musher camp (at the Klondike Gold Fields museum) and saw a bunch of alaskan huskies, which are a basically hybrids of sibs, malamutes, german shepards and several other breeds.

Since this was bumped up I revisited the entire thread. I also agree that Tippy is just adorable.
    When I first got Taggart several people (including some at the vets office) said he was a Great Pyrenees and Australian Shepherd. Simply because he had four dew claws. Taggart doesn't even weigh 50 pounds soaking wet. There is NO way he has GP in him. If he does it's a teeny tiny bit. I still don't know what mix he is, so I just call him an Aussie mix. Much easier to do since I have a pure bred Aussie too.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by ryansjones View Post
    I wonder if he would be considered an Alaskan Husk?. I remember when I went on a cruise to Alaska last summer, during the stop in Skagway, I visited a musher camp (at the Klondike Gold Fields museum) and saw a bunch of alaskan huskies, which are a basically hybrids of sibs, malamutes, german shepards and several other breeds.
    I went on a cruise to Alaska in 2002. I went to Skagway too but I didn't know about the musher camp. It sounds interesting. Do you think Tippy looked like any of those dogs?
    I've Been Frosted!

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Since this was bumped up I revisited the entire thread. I also agree that Tippy is just adorable.
    When I first got Taggart several people (including some at the vets office) said he was a Great Pyrenees and Australian Shepherd. Simply because he had four dew claws. Taggart doesn't even weigh 50 pounds soaking wet. There is NO way he has GP in him. If he does it's a teeny tiny bit. I still don't know what mix he is, so I just call him an Aussie mix. Much easier to do since I have a pure bred Aussie too.
    I thought Tip was going to be a really BIG dog since they said he was Alaskan Malamute. He's a good size but not a Malamute size. He weighed 52lbs at his last vet appointment.
    I've Been Frosted!

Hey I think Tip is for sure a Very Handsome Gent.. You need to tell the Shelter Many Thanks for the trick they played..

Quote Originally Posted by wanwan1007 View Post
    I thought Tip was going to be a really BIG dog since they said he was Alaskan Malamute. He's a good size but not a Malamute size. He weighed 52lbs at his last vet appointment.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    Hey I think Tip is for sure a Very Handsome Gent.. You need to tell the Shelter Many Thanks for the trick they played..
    Very true, he is one of the best presents I've had in a long time
    I've Been Frosted!

Now dont forget the love for your hubby..

Quote Originally Posted by wanwan1007 View Post
    Very true, he is one of the best presents I've had in a long time

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    Now dont forget the love for your hubby..
    LOL...I have much luv for the hubby. I just got Tip last year. I've had the hubby for a while so that's why I said "Tip is one of the best presents I've had in a long time".
    I've Been Frosted!

malamute

looks like a part malamute - as long as you love him and he loves you, that's all that matters