Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The PT "book" project?

I will start the books by sending them out and putting a few dollars in for the next person to use as postage, Then they can donate towards the next person's postage, I think a 4-5 dollars would do?

If the postage is less maybe the person hosting can pitch in the difference to keep the envelope at the 4-5 dollar level, to keep the package going?

I will paste an envelope at the back for the money-Maybe just bills, no coins?

I also thought about having people post on the thread the order of wanting to host it. Would anyone object to starting out in the order that people posted on the thread?

Are their any Europe/overseas people who would want to host it, that way we can assure they get a chance to contribute?

There are 200 pages in each book I was thinking of maybe 3-4 pages alloted per person?

I think I was overthinking the whole process. The less I think about it the more fun it will be?

Sounds cool to me Richard, I'll be in that for sure.
    Maybe if it comes to Australia for instance, then it should be sent on to all the other Aussies in the scheme whilst it's here....and then on to Europe to be done by all Europeans for instance....and so on and so on....
    Wom

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I will start the books by sending them out and putting a few dollars in for the next person to use as postage, Then they can donate towards the next person's postage, I think a 4-5 dollars would do?

If the postage is less maybe the person hosting can pitch in the difference to keep the envelope at the 4-5 dollar level, to keep the package going?

I will paste an envelope at the back for the money-Maybe just bills, no coins?

I also thought about having people post on the thread the order of wanting to host it. Would anyone object to starting out in the order that people posted on the thread?

Are their any Europe/overseas people who would want to host it, that way we can assure they get a chance to contribute?

There are 200 pages in each book I was thinking of maybe 3-4 pages alloted per person?

I think I was overthinking the whole process. The less I think about it the more fun it will be?

I would also like to participate in this project!

Wombat i think it is a great idea too,but i think it would get to costly for me to particpate and perhaps others in Europe etc, the cost of postage is outrageous these days, hey but have fun everyone ,sounds a very cool idea.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I would be interested in participating. I know there's some other PT'ers in Tennessee.

I was trying to think of anything to add that would contribute to the whole idea, but I'm not coming up with anything currently. I think the postage idea where everyone contributes towards the next person's postage is good though. This is a brilliant idea
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

I think if some folks could 'overcontribute' a bit, especially if they are sending the book to the overseas person, that would help. Postage within that country or region...if you know the person you are sending it to is a bit hard up, send the postage for two shippings.

Just a thought.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I think if some folks could 'overcontribute' a bit, especially if they are sending the book to the overseas person, that would help. Postage within that country or region...if you know the person you are sending it to is a bit hard up, send the postage for two shippings.

Just a thought.
    No probs....I'll be in that.

I think I was 'over engineering' this idea and was going against my basic thought about life.

Too much planning leads to too many hitches in the giddy-up!

Thanks!

All obstacles can be overcome Richard, especially if one owns a ladder.

I sent it out to Karen today...

I guess we can send it on in order of the people who posted that they wanted to host the book, I'll check over the thread and get that list together!

Have fun!

Count me in,
    Wom - I am not sure but I don't think there are many Aussies .....

Just a note to everyone - please note that ANY food stuff that MAY be included on a page - like a piece of kibble, means that Australian customs will send the book right back!!!

NOT that I think you would put a piece of kibble or dog treat on a book, but just in case ...........

OK, it sounds MAD, but ..

moving on.
    Cheers Richard - great idea!
    M
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

We'll work it out Capt. If all the other Aussies get it first, then send it around, make sure I'm the last on the list so I can get it over to Carole in NZ with postage back to USA for her included by me.

Oh, and yeah.....Capatain has a good point there. Aussie customs are really heavy on foodstuff, seeds etc coming into the country.
    So none of that stuff.....k ????
    Last time I was stateside, the customs grabbed me on the way back for carrying a necklace of Indian corn seeds that had been dyed. I'm sure the corn seeds were years old, as I bought it in a trading post down in Ark. But they confiscated it anyway. Just goes to show how strict they are.

Should we compile a list of what order the book goes in then? And maybe make a list of the date when it will be shipped out, or when it should be shipped out I should say. I like organization
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

This sounds like so much fun!