View Poll Results: Do you own a siamese cat?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I'm fond of them and would like one though...

26 37.14%
  • Oh yes! I have one and love him/her!

29 41.43%
  • I don't know...I don't think I've seen one!

0 0%
  • I'm not fond of them...

5 7.14%
  • Oh, I like them but I just don't want one.

10 14.29%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Siamese Cats

I have a Meezer mix named Maya Linn. I love her SOOOOOOOO much. She's a talker too. I wish I could adopt a Meezer at the Shelter named Diamond. She's an older chocolate pt who is so sweet. But I don't think it's fair to add another cat to my already large crew (8). Although I WAS going to take Carrier before the shelter killed her...

Hmmmmm, lemme thinkg about this.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Re: I would love to own a Siamese

Originally posted by Vermontcat
    Is it true they are born white and they don't get their points until they are older?
    It's true. If you look at Skylar right now (who may have some Siamese in him) you can see that he was pure white and now gets the cutest caramel or orange points

I would love to have a meezer. If you know an Abyssinian then I think a Siamese will be right for you. But I prefer the Siamese of the old type (now sometimes named Thai) with their round little heads. they are incredibly cute and I simply melt when I see babies

Hee, hee Barbara, I asked that question a year ago when I was new to Pet Talk! I have learned so much here in a year!
    If you look back in this thread Miss Meow posted some nice links with some photos.
    I still love Meezers and I still want one though.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Originally posted by Vermontcat
    Hee, hee Barbara, I asked that question a year ago when I was new to Pet Talk! I have learned so much here in a year!
    If you look back in this thread Miss Meow posted some nice links with some photos.
    I still love Meezers and I still want one though.
    I was new too! And I loved Meezers so much that I got more
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I owned siamese cat, she was cool So cute and smart her name was Dasie she was litle bit dark siamese, not light color

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

Miss Meow - in your signature - these are yours cats?

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

I think that my Sky has some kind of Siamese in him. He was shaved when I adopted him because his fur was badly matted. Now it's growing in and it's getting much longer so he's a DLH. He has sky blue eyes and will do this cute little raspy meow and chirp too. Do you think he could have some Ragdoll or Himilayian in him? Here are some pics.

His paws also have long fur tufts growing out of them. They're about an inch long and this is even longer than my Maine Coon mix Storm's paws.
    Last edited by krazyaboutkatz; 11-27-2003 at 12:42 AM.

One of my cats, Wooz, is part Siamese and he has all the Siamese traits. The wonderful almost human yowl, the playfulness, and the dominance factor. He is definitely the alpha cat in the house. The other 3 are females and I tell him he is the protector of the girls! He does a good job keeping them in line. At least he thinks so!
    Love my furrkids!

Re: Siamese cats

I also have a Siamese and I had two others that died. Mine were a seal pt. and a blue pt. I notice some of you have children. I do too and they are excellent with kids and take mishandling without hurting them.

They are definately smarter than the average cat. I have had some cats that were dumb. I have had three other domestics. My past two domestics did not even let the kids come close to them. My domestic I have now lets them come close to her.

They are definately intelligent. My current Siamese meowed into my phone. And they also watch what you do and follow me and my husband around. My current Siamese also comes into the bathroom with me when I go in there. They are also good with visitors and learn fast. They also seem to understand English.

Better sign off,

Anne
    miss tobina

Originally posted by EssTer
    Miss Meow - in your signature - these are yours cats?
    I'm a bit late! But, yes, they are my cats
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I have been wondering and asking about this cat for a very long time, she had beautiful blue eyes. Her name was Pyewackett, she is gone now, but when I got her they told me she was Siamese, so what do you think? Do you think she had Siamese in her?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

And then there is this picture?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

I don't know what kind of cat Pyewacket is but she's beautiful!

At my work we have an e-classified and sometimes cats are offered for adoption. Currently there is a 5 year old 16 lb (!) (7 kilo or so) male Meezer. If anyone is interested PM me. The family is in western CT.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Siamese

Mine is siamese-mix. He is the smartest cat. He can open cabinets and doors. He talks to me, follows me around the house, and is not scared of water. He will sit on the tub while I take a bath, he sticks his paw in the water and plays with the water. He wants to sit in the kitchen sink, if I am cooking, or otherwise in the kitchen. He will let you know when he is bored.
    Purrsonally yours,

Mesiecat

siamese cats

I am owned by three Siamese cats and they are just the best. They are active, amusing, talkative, loyal and most of all very loving cats, they all have very distinctive personalities. I would never be without one.