Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are you having for breakfast?

Breakfast makes me Nauseous!! I cant eat first thing in the morning, Usually around 10-11 am I have a bowl of cereal, usually Honey Bunches of Oats, or I have toast. But most day, I dont eat breakfast, and just have lunch.
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

I have oatmeal every morning. (It's because it is supposed to be a good breastmilk booster!! ) I hated it at first, but now I enjoy it. I use one package of the pre-made stuff (like blueberries & cream, cinnamon & spice etc etc) and then add about 1/2 a cup of instant regular. Then I pour boiling water over it, and add some raisins and milk. Yumm!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiebaker
    I have oatmeal every morning. (It's because it is supposed to be a good breastmilk booster!! )
    It WORKS!! Seriously the difference is crazy if you skip a few days
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Sometimes I make eggs, bacon and toast. Most of the time I just have toast (sometimes toast and scambled) or nothing. If I'm working late shifts then I usually sleep through bfast

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

The one thing i loved about my visit to america was being able to get pancakes for breakfast, it is more a dessert here in NZ, although now you probably can purchase them for brekky, because we have a lot of all day brekky cafes now, i must admit i have a real craving right now for them, and i saw sugar free maple syrup the other day in the supermarket, they are my favourite dessert for sure, but i can eat them any time of the day.

Sirrahbed i am like you feel sick if i don't eat breakfast, honestly i strongly believe it is just what you get your body used to,it reacts differently, if you are used to eating it, it desires it and if you are not makes you feel sick if you do.

If i did not eat brekky i would feel lightheaded and get a headache, have done it by accident once or twice ,being really busy and going out shopping and realised oops forgot my brekky, but my body soons tell me so. LOL
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahbed
    Breakfast tends to get old since we almost always eat oatmeal (trying to keep cholesterol down) I try to make it intersting by adding dried fruits and a few nuts. My favorite combo is walnut and dates.
    I often have oatmeal for breakfast and my favorite addition is dried cherries and sprinkled with cinnamon which is supposed to be good for the cholesterol too.

We have breakfast out on Saturday (frequently) and I just finished the most delicious vegetarian omelet, with lots of mushrooms, spinach, green pepper, tomato, onion and just a sprinkle of feta cheese. Had an English muffin and some fruit too. It was soooo good.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

I try to have something different for breakfast every day. Cereal is the greatest food in existence but fo the past few months I've been eating healthy which means I only get the organic puffed grains cereal with no sugars or sweeteneers -- I just add some sliced banana and it tastes quite good.

Right now I'm having some Amy's Organic No-Cheese Vegetable pizza and some Bolthouse Farms Vanilla Chai Green Tea Soy Milk.
    I've been BOO'd!

I just love breakfast! I never miss having my breakfast, which usually consists of a bagel with butter and jelly, sometimes I'll have waffles or pancakes. Today it was Rice Krispie Treats cereal with a bagel. When I have breakfast out I love cheese omelets and hasbrowns. Once a week I treat myself to an egg and cheese sandwich on a muffin, mcgriddle or bagel at McD's or Dunkin Donuts. Yum!

I never eat breakfast, although I know I should and that it is suppose to be the best meal of the day, I just never feel like I have time to get anything in the morning, but if anyone has any ideas to make a breakfast for yummy I may try it

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

2 slices of bread with minarine, some chocolate paste, and a glass of homemade orangejuice
    Last edited by Maya & Inka's mommy; 12-06-2008 at 03:26 PM.
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

6 days a week I have cereal (current one is oat clusters, maple syrup & pecans - yum!) but Sunday we, my grandaughter & I, have to have a bacon and egg toastie/sandwich each - two pieces of bread toasted on just one side with bacon & egg in-between, it's become a kind of tradition.

Chris, is that the "Jordans four combo" you have? I'm SO envious! I brought some packages back from England, and when I had emptied them, took them to a few select supermarkets, begging them to get these. Still can't get them, not even in the British shop! I'm seriously thinking of writing to Jordans to ask them to introduce them here - I' even open a shop and sell them!

I can't imagine anyone having breakfast without a kind of cereal to begin with - or fruit if it's summer.

I do enjoy a full English breakfast though, if someone will serve it for me - or if I have time to make it.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I made cinnamon rolls this morning! mmm....one of my favorite breakfasts.
    My mom and I made homemade ones once. They are SOOOOOO yummy. Way better than the store-bought kind!

"To err is human; to forgive, canine."
    -Anonymous

i plan the menus for a week at a time ( i'm thrifty....okay tight ). sunday b-fast is the big one here, tomorrow we'll have cinnamon pumpkin pancakes and low salt bacon and orange juice. the rest of the week is oatmeal or yogurt & fiber bars and coffee. i get up at 5:30ish, drink 2 mugs of strong coffee between wake up and 7 when i leave for work. my 'lunch pail' often has yogurt, fruit for b-fast and lunch stuff for the lunch break. my boss isn't difficult about us eating between patients, so i often have b-fast foods between 8 and 9 am.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Fun to see this thread pop back up - this YEAR I think I have had the same b'fast every single day. Last year was oatmeal and this year has been Kashi GoLean, a banana and a carton of Boston Cream Pie yogurt. Just LOVE LOVE LOVE this combo and it fills me up until dinner