View Poll Results: Do you always wear a seat belt?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

69 92.00%
  • No

6 8.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gov. Corzine was not wearing a seat belt :(

In my car, and most of my friend's cars yes. But in one of my friends cars no. I hate seatbelts but most of the time I am forced to wear them. If I'm not forced I don't. Of course, when I start driving and stuff I will always wear one because I'm in the front and driving. When I am an adult, I will wear it 100% of the time.

For those who haven't heard, it has now been confirmed that Gov. Corzine's vehicle was traveling 91 MPH on a road with a speed limit of 65. A state trooper was behind the wheel. Why did he think he didn't need to obey the speed limit like everyone else and why did he allow the governor to ride without a seat belt? As much as I feel sorry for the governor, this may have all been avoided if the two of them were behaving as the rest of the public is expected to behave.

Guess I must say I'm not surprised they feel they are "above the law".
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt, as does every member of my family. It is just habit for me and for them. That is what we do. But I find myself looking at people who have not strapped in, or have not properly restrained their children, when I am at red lights.

If I am killed in an accident, wearing my seatbelt, then I feel it was meant to be. And I am not likely to ever give it up for the unlikely event that I would have been better off without it.

This speeding (91 mph) thing blows my mind.

Logan

I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt! It's a habbit putting it on.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Craftlady
    I always buckle up as a driver and passenger.
    In Kentucky you can be pulled over for not being belted (driver) and (passengers).
    I don't believe they can pull you over for not being belted. However, if they DO pull you over and they note you're not wearing a belt, then you'll get a ticket. The reason for pulling the person over has to be something other than not being belted. I'm saying this, assuming the law hasn't suddenly change for 2007.

Nonetheless, I think it's silly NOT to wear a seatbelt. I ALWAYS buckle up. Better safe, than sorry. However, I am guilty of adjusted the belt on long car trips. I'll just use the lap part, putting the shoulder strap behind me. But, if I'm driving or in the passenger's seat, it's always 100% on. I never think about it - I've always been taught to wear it. I have friends who get in my car without buckling up. I didn't realize they weren't wearing them at first, simply because I don't check. I assume everyone is wise enough to put them on. However, I noticed it, and ever since, I make sure they are wearing them before I drive.

Come on guys, BUCKLE UP!!
    ~Sara, Daisy, Jessie, Jake, & Jackson

<3 Gone but never forgotten <3
    {Benjamin, Russell, Chester, Dexter, George Harrison, & Leeroy} {O.D.} {Trey} {John-Paul & Earl}

That wasn't a very smart thing to do.

I always buckle my seatbelt. It's been a habit since I was really little.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Well things just keep getting worse for the governor and the trooper. Now it seems that the trooper that was driving the car might also have been on his cell phone receiving a text message at the time of the accident. A fellow police officer is said to have called the trooper accusing him of having an affair with his wife. It is unclear if the trooper viewed this message at the time it was sent. Hmmm....driving 91 in a 65 MPH zone, with the governor as a passenger who is not buckled in and possibly on a cell phone (a big *no* *no* in NJ). This guy is in a heap of trouble. Life is stranger than fiction sometimes.

Wow Pam! What a whole can of worms to be opened up...
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June