Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steve Irwins remains to be fed to his crocs - not a real story

Hi Lori,

My post was not directed at you. I am disgusted by the person who made this story up; the person at brainsnap. I guess I can see where the idea of Steve Irwin’s remains being fed to his crocs might have some legitimacy to it.

However, the part that really annoyed me, again written by someone at brainsnap, is the utter distaste that the person used to portray Steve Irwin.

Things mentioned in the article like "…according to the editor of the Australian Guinness Book of Records, Mark Jones, Irwin had a unique career, in which he held the record as Human Being Most Annoying to Reptiles for twelve successive years." are a direct attack at Steve Irwin’s life work and passion. This is a fictitious record that was made up as slander toward Steve's way of life. Another part for example ” "For the last few years, Steve has been trying to get the record for Human Being Most Annoying to Marine Wildlife", a record on which the Japanese whaling industry has long had a stranglehold.” makes a mockery of Steve Irwin’s passion for marine life. This one hurts the most because it was in a marine environment that he was killed. The way it relates Steve Irwin to the Japanese whaling industry is disgusting. The whaling industry of any nation kills in cold blood, Steve worked to educate, and that comparison is just downright dirty.

His life, precious for the simple fact that he was a good man that did a lot for others and animals, is ridiculed by whoever wrote this atrocious column. You posted it with the intent of an FYI. I don’t think anyone holds you accountable for the column being written. I think it was a misunderstanding, but when you pull the column apart you well see that it is a terrible misrepresentation of Steve’s life, intentions, and mannerisms.

Honestly, if I were to come face to face with whoever wrote this originally it would be very hard for me not to clobber the person. Yes it irritates me that much. I hate paparazzi, tabloids, and anyone else who purposely and knowingly spreads lies about anyone. The way our media feeds off of tragedy disgusts me.

Again, I wasn't angry at you for posting this. I am angry at the inconsiderate twit, Andrusha Bonnelin, that created it.

Craig.

Craig, VERY well put. You said so eloquently why the "article" really inflamed me. Again all my disgust was towards the author of it, not you Lori.

That is just so NOT funny.........shows total disrespect for the man and his grieving family. Hope to God Terri Irwin never gets to see it
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I just looked again,and the article is still up,i have read nothing else on it so far,

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Jordan
    I just looked again,and the article is still up,i have read nothing else on it so far,

Have just sent them a message "you're sick" and left it at that
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I'm sure,as thousands have read this there will be a lawsuit for deflemation of character,Terri is a nice women but i do not think she would put up with that for her kids sake,I seen Bindi on tv last night she is such a wellminded little girl.

I hope you don't believe this garbage, this article is total B.S.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Not now but how was i supposed to know when i first read it?

Not now but how was i supposed to know when i first read it?

By looking at the source it was coming from...did you look at some of their other articles? Such as Planet Pluto was going to commit suicide.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

It helps to look at the source of a story before posting it as news, the whole website is a bunch of lies and stupid fake stories, and they even state on this on their website. It's just something to learn for the future, no need to get so upset about it. Just look as the sources first, if they talk about pet pineapples attacking people..then you can bet it's fake. The National Enquirer isn't real either...same type of stuff.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

I did not see the pineapple story,as i said,i typed"Steve Irwins Funeral" on google and that was the first story i got,I did not mean anything by that,Just by him being a whacky guy,nothing would surprise me with him he had no fear in his life,i just thought it was lagit,

The "article" will stay up and there won't be any lawsuits, because it's a parody site, and they state right up front that the stories are not real stories. It's like watching something on Mad TV or some other spoof show. Most of the people who go there probably read there regularly for the "comedy" aspect. They are "mock news" articles and are not presented as being factual. So if you are waiting for something to happen with it or for it to be taken down, it won't happen.

It's odd you got it on a google search because when I typed in Steve Irwin's funeral (as soon as you posted this) I got nothing like that and still don't. It doesn't come up at all.

http://news.google.ca/news?q=steve+i...=news&ct=title

scroll down i think it is the 6th article
    Australian Government Offers State Funeral for Crocodile Hunter
    Brainsnap (satire), MA - 4 Sep 2006
    ... A family friend of the Irwins told reporters: "Steve was annoying reptiles since he could crawl - poking snakes with sticks, lifting up rocks to disturb ...
    <<<<<

What is it about the word "SATIRE that isn't understood

Ah, I typed it with an apostrophe. I guess that is why.