Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leonardo's MOST Annoying Habit!

I know what you mean about a cat going off by itself when you want him/her to stay with you- Vinny refuses to sleep in our bedroom at night. Our two dogs sleep with us every night- Gemma (a twenty-one pound sheltie-poo) sleeps on our bed cuddled up to me, and Robbie (a forty-two pound wheaten-poo) sleeps in his cosy drop-and-flop beside our bed. There would be plenty of room for Vinny on our bed, which is a king, but he just will not stay on it. He also has a bed on the floor at the foot of our bed, which he also ignores. I get jealous when I read about peoples' cats sleeping between their pillows. Vinny will do this during the day, but not at night! He gets along fine with the dogs, so I know that this is not a factor.

My Katie girl does the running in front of you bit and jumping in the litter box as soon as i clean it too. But the one thing that really really annoys me at times is when we all go to bed and she stands in the middle of the hallway and comes out with this god awful, and loud i might add, long drawn out meow. No word of a lie, this happens EVERY NIGHT. It's like she can't stand the lights being off and i know for a fact that she does not like closed doors, even though i keep mine open cause she and Buddy sleep with us. But she does this also during the day too. She just stands there and comes out with this meow as if to say "WILL SOMEONE PAY ATTENTION TO ME PLEASE". She is a real talker and there are times when i turn around and say "KATIE GIVE IT A REST".
    One thing for sure though, i wouldn't trade her for the world cause she is my Katie pretty lady.
    Oh yeah i forgot to mention that when she yells at night, i just have to call her and she comes running up on the bed for some lovings and then takes her place behind my knees.
    I would just love to know why she does this ritual of hers every single day.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Originally posted by rg_girlca
    Oh yeah i forgot to mention that when she yells at night, i just have to call her and she comes running up on the bed for some lovings and then takes her place behind my knees.
    I would just love to know why she does this ritual of hers every single day.
    I can't help in why she does it, but Tubby does the same thing. He'll be in the basement, and we can hear in yowling. Or sometimes we're upstairs and he's downstairs when he does it. It sounds like he's calling for us, like he can't find us. As soon as I call he comes to where we are, but he has to do the ritual of yowling then me calling before he comes. Sometimes I say "Come on Tubby, you know where we are."
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Originally posted by 4 feline house

And I guess Sunny would be a close-talker!

and Pam, I watch all the Seinfild re-runs- never get tired of them (well, most of them)

Rib Jumping

My sweet Julie, thank goodness, has none of the annoying habits mentioned above and really none except that she likes to jump on my ribs (my most sensitive area) when I am lying on my side in bed. She is good about stopping the other rare "naughty" things she might try to do as soon as I say NO! but with the ribs, she just persists. It really hurts! Good thing she only weighs 9 lb. I would hate to have a 20 lb cat do that to me!

By the way, I LOVE the feel of Julie's cold wet nose when she sniffs me or puts it up to my nose! I think it's sweet ...
    MARTHA and Chloe
    My Sweet Tortie Posy
    (and a real Nosy Parker to boot)

IN MEMORIAM 3-29-07
    Julie the California Calico Princess
    "I'll be seeing you over the rainbow..."

What a funny topic! Maxx is guilty of the litter-box thing. Other annoying habits are that she somehow manages to find my husband's golf balls and plays with them on the tile floor, which is extremely loud at 3 am! She drinks out of my water glass, sits right on my breastbone while I'm trying to sleep (ouch) and attacks the fish in the fish tank (through the glass). At exactly 11 p.m. every night, she goes completely nuts and runs around the house like an idiot, growling and grunting. That's not really annoying but pretty funny. We call it "kitty happy hour" around here. My cat doesn't need catnip! She also drinks out of the toilets, despite the fact that she gets fresh water twice a day. When I'm having a bath, she sits on the edge of the tub, sticking her paws in and drinking the water. Despite all these goofy antics, I love her to death! But the most annoying of all...when I pick up her food dish in the morning to feed her, she batts the dish, usually causing me to spill kibble all over the kitchen floor, which is not fun to clean up when you're still half asleep!

originally posted by maxx's mom
    she batts the dish, usually causing me to spill kibble all over the kitchen floor, which is not fun to clean up when you're still half asleep!
    LOL
    that sounds cute!!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

I remembered another one of Tubby's most annoying habits last night as I was rudely awakened about 1:00 am. Peanut will normally crawl in bed with us when we go to bed. Tubby will sometimes but will normally leave shortly and go sleep on "his" recliner. Then in the middle of the night (1:00 am) he'll jump back up and go pick on Peanut to make her leave, then he'll settle down and go to sleep. This really does irritate me because Peanut is just minding her own business, sleeping contentedly, then the big ol' bully has to come and kick her off the bed just so he can have it all to himself. Last night they got into it a little bit so it woke me up, and I yelled at him for being so mean to her and kicked him off too. (bad mommy!) Of course I felt bad and got up to go get him and bring him back into bed, but I just really don't like it when he does that to her. I brought her back into bed too and petted them both at the same time so he could see that she doesn't take any attention away from him, and that they could both sleep in the same bed, but I doubt if it made any difference.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Former User Guest
    Tubby & Peanut's Mom, oh, the things we do for our furkids...

yep !!! I would do ANYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Each of my three babies have an annoying habit. My little girl, Trixie, has the VERY exasperating habit of glass tipping. I can't count the number of glasses and cups she's tipped over and the stains she caused on my cream colored carpet. Thank God for my Rainbow cleaner which has a carpeting cleaning attachment.

Bo has the bad habit of chewing on my houseplants, despite having his own planter of grass to eat. Bitter Apple spray doesn't seem to stop him for very long.

Jazz tends to use my chest as a jumping board as she tears around the living room. Thank goodness she's still young and doesn't weigh much - hopefully she'll calm down as she gets older!

I was reminded at 6 a.m. this morning of another of Maxx's annoying habits. Those darn toes of mine just would not stay in the blanket where they belonged, so Maxx had to put them in their place! Bad toes!

Originally posted by maxx's mom
    I was reminded at 6 a.m. this morning of another of Maxx's annoying habits. Those darn toes of mine just would not stay in the blanket where they belonged, so Maxx had to put them in their place! Bad toes!

I can relate!