Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: has anyone ever shaved their head?

I have had part of my head shaved, but it was for brain surgery. It was funny, because one of the women in my church askked me if I wanted her and others to get half their heads shaved too, for moral support! I said, "No, thank you, I'll be fine." And the surgical team was really cool - they didn't shave all the way to the top of my head, they left a half-inch or so of hair long, which formed a "curtain" of sorts while the rest of it grew back. My hair grows pretty quickly, and I have a lot of hair, so within 6 months, you couldn't tell anything had ever been gone.

Now if I shaved my head, people'd see the scar more, and I like having enough to put it in a ponytail in hot weather, anyway.

Well, if you really want to, why not? Hair grows back and you can always wear a wig if you decide it was a big mistake.

If you do though, don't forget the sunscreen.

These are not the droids you were looking for

I've never had my head shaved, I've thought seriously about doing it in the past though. Every year at our school they'd do cancer fund raisers and many of the kids shaved their heads.

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

Last year I cut my hair quite short, shorter than I've EVER had it, for cancer, but I think next year I'm going to shave it all off, if it's long enough by then. If you want to, I say why not? But I would do it for cancer. There are requirements though, I don't think it can be dyed and it has to be a certain length, depending on which organization you send it to. I think mine went to "Wigs for Kids".

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

never my whole head, but check out the pictures in this thread.

My 1/2 bald head

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I wish I'd done it when I worked in my data entry job, it'd be a lot harder to do it, now. I would have to look at getting 2 or 3 nice wigs first, if I were to do it, now, though, as my I don't think it would be appropriate for selling life insurance.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Originally posted by jenluckenbach
    never my whole head, but check out the pictures in this thread.

My 1/2 bald head
    I remember this thread!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Originally posted by MariaM
    Last year I cut my hair quite short, shorter than I've EVER had it, for cancer, but I think next year I'm going to shave it all off, if it's long enough by then. If you want to, I say why not? But I would do it for cancer. There are requirements though, I don't think it can be dyed and it has to be a certain length, depending on which organization you send it to. I think mine went to "Wigs for Kids".
    Yeah, I knew there were requirements for locks of love, but, i didn't know about for just shaving your head or whatever for the cancer society. Cuz my hair is dyed and not in the best shape!

Originally posted by finn's mom
    Yeah, I knew there were requirements for locks of love, but, i didn't know about for just shaving your head or whatever for the cancer society. Cuz my hair is dyed and not in the best shape!
    I'm not sure what all the requirements for locks of love are, but I think the minimum length is 10 inches. My sister donated 14 inches almost 2 years ago.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Originally posted by KBlaix
    I'm not sure what all the requirements for locks of love are, but I think the minimum length is 10 inches. My sister donated 14 inches almost 2 years ago.
    I don't think glacier (she is who mentioned shaving the head for cancer) was referring to locks of love, though. I knew with locks of love that there were certain requirements, but, with the shave your head for cancer thing, I wonder if they're the same. I don't know, though....

It's not the same thing. Locks for love is to make wigs for kids who have lost their hair due to cancer treatment whereas shaving your head for the cancer society is a fundraiser. It for donations of money.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

never will...

in past two years, I've had lost A LOT of my hair and cry, cry over that all the time.

friend and I did a program stuff, that changes our looks, I did one without my hair.. I was surprised how good I MAY look. I think it was because of my THICK eyebrows. what about yours?

wanna an extreme change? perm it? blond it?
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Originally posted by kittycats_delight
    It's not the same thing. Locks for love is to make wigs for kids who have lost their hair due to cancer treatment whereas shaving your head for the cancer society is a fundraiser. It for donations of money.
    That's what I thought.

Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.

in past two years, I've had lost A LOT of my hair and cry, cry over that all the time.

friend and I did a program stuff, that changes our looks, I did one without my hair..

wanna an extreme change? perm it? blond it?
    Yeah, if I started going bald, I'd definitely shave. I always tell guys that worry about it, in my opinion, being bald is better than going bald. Bald is better looking than balding. Again, just my opinion.

What program did you use to see what you looked like without hair?

And, as far as doing something extreme, I want to. But, I am trying to avoid anything that's going to kill my hair, like a perm or bleach. I'd rather shave it and give it a fresh start. But, again, I have to decide. This is something I've thought about for years, and, never done it. I think I'll probably get it cut and colored again one more time and see if I can get it to grow any, because I'd like to have long hair. I just don't know if it's in the cards. So, that's why I'm wanting to do something crazy!

yeah, being bald better than going bald...good one!

actually my hair is still a little bit thick, thanks to the THICK hair I've had before. many people thought it's thick from looking, thank god. but I DID thought this once or twice to shave, after I find a special treatment for a startover. but not yet.

I'm not sure what program, I'll ask my friend. I think you can find "facial" programs on internet too.

well, I still think you'll look extreme different if you make it extremely short, spike-it a little bit and color it with natural 'chemicals'...?
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..