Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Weight Watchers

Congratulations to everyone doing so well, good on you, I am afraid i am really battling with it, i just cannot seem to get it off, I am just maintaining within a kilo or two, and i am sick of it,i watched Dr Oz on oprah, as i a one of those unlucky people who carry it around the middle, which only happened in the last three years or so, i blame those hormones lol,seriously though i think it really has something to do with it, and even though it was interesting i basically am doing most of what he suggested to no avail.

What he had to say really concerned me though, as my waist measurement means i am just as bad as if i had breast cancer, carrying that body fat around there, i am only one inch away from it, that scares the hell out of me,and no matter what i do it seems to not shift from there in a hurry.
    Eight years ago i weighed ten kilos heavier than now but i did not have the body fat around my middle as i do now, it was more spread out if you know what i mean, not only does it feel uncomfortable it looks bad,i am not that big elsewhere, but it sucks when you want to wear a nice little top and that bulge is in the way.

I do my exercise now, the weight training and treadmill, and since i had some very severe stomach problems in the last two weeks, i have obviously been eating a lot less and the right stuff, i had no choice really, and i only managed to shift a couple of pounds, my cholestrol is only 3.8 which i think is proof that eighty per cent of the time i eat low fat, which i do, it's that 20 per cent that lets me down.

I am desperate to loose ten kilos by xmas for my 50th birthday, the best gift i can give myself, I am really feel low about it all, but no i won't go binging,my stomach just would not handle it right now, something i would normally do when feeling low about it all, the vicious cycle,any ideas are most welcome.

All you younger ones, take it from me get it off and keep it off now if you can, it is just so hard as you get older, ten years ago, it was a piece of cake to loose, now it is the biggest struggle ever.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

using E-Tools

My best friend told me about this site;

The Daily Plate

and thought I would post it here for you guys. It is SO COOL and easy to use. It keeps track of everything you eat and looks up things by brands, restaurants, etc. It does not track points but I have been tracking my intake and it very close to points. I entered a desired weight loss of 1.5 pounds a week and is coming out almost exactly the same as my 26 daily point allowance. It also adds credit for exercise - just like WW suggests.

edit: I spent more time on Daily Plate and found that it will also track and chart measurements and BMI. I am using the free stuff but it has a "gold" version as well. This free version seems to do everything I could want and more. I also discoverd that it will generate a pie chart graph of each daily plate.

I have a free trial code to try the WW online tools and will see if it does anything that the Daily Plate does not do. Any member can get the free trial code at meetings or through e-mail at the WW website.

Weigh-in is tomorrow night for me. I lost three pounds last week but don't think I lost this week because I did not track my intake well for the first 3 days or so and we have been going out to eat quite a bit. My goal for the coming week is to TRACK and drink my water.

The fruits & vegetables at the grocery store are beautiful right now. I am going to try a fruit salsa (mango) this week to put on grilled meat. I am also wanting some feta cheese so have a new recipe to try. Yes it is fattening but it does not take much at all to add lots of flavor.

I enjoy having graphical tools to help me out. I made a weightloss ticker at:
    The Ticker Factory
    and pasted it into my signature. That makes it look more like I have actually accomplished something They have some cute ones to choose from - I think this is where some folks get their event tickers. Anyone else using any E-Tools??

I hope you guys are continuing to do well

I use E-tools every day, Deb. I track my points, get recipies, check out restaurants, read stories, and occasionally go into the chat threads. They have good articles. I've looked at some of the exercise videos, too, just haven't gotten that motivated yet .
    I had my weigh-in tonight. I've lost 33.6 lbs. now, and only about 7 to go to my goal. I can hardly believe it! I've been wondering if maybe I should set my goal lower, but I'll be quite happy to reach it just where it is! Anything beyond that will be icing on the cake so to speak. Between my hubby & myself, we've lost 60 lbs. My losses have slowed down the past couple weeks, so I'm trying to recommit & follow my plan more carefully. It's so easy to start adding in a bite of this, a bite of that.
    I'm going to check out the site you posted, sounds interesting.

I just noticed that my ticker shows I am roughly HALFWAY to my goal weight! I also see that it has been a month now since anyone posted and I am wondering how you other weight watchers have been doing?? I have missed quite a few meetings but still do the DailyPlate every day. I am down several sizes but nothing too dramatic yet.

Daughter Missy told me about SteamFresh veggies and I have been buying those now and love them!! It is so easy to grab a bag veggies out of the freezer and toss them in the microwave. I also got a free sample of the new Ziploc steam&fresh bags that you can put fresh veggies in to microwave steam. I need to get a variety off the grocery salad bar and try that.

Our Kroger had the Lean Cuisine Paninis on sale at 5/$10 so I enjoy having those around for quick meals. The one with chicken, spinach and mushrooms is my favorite! Anyone else like those? How about other QUICK meal or product ideas?

Firstly congratulations on your wonderful progress, i wish i could report the same, i am just maintaining,and i have not been able to eat bad food, or nawtee food anymore as i have some rather bad stomach problems, but i guess it just proves it , even eating good food, if you eat too much you still won't loose the weight,damn it all lol.

We have a product here called chicken lites, i love them, especially on a burger, i eat them quite a lot, and they are only 1 and half points, great value for a dinner,but i have been eating less of them, as i feel they are still processed foods, and eating what i call real chicken, i just put them on my George foreman grill,and meal in minutes.

Keep up the excellent work and you will be there in no time, well done,I hope to become inspired by your amazing efforts, here's hoping .
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Hey, congratulations - just stick wth it and the weight WILL drop off.
    I'm now within 3 pounds of my goal! I've lost 37 lbs. since Feb., and my goal was to lose 40 lbs. Seems like the closer I get, though, the harder it is to lose. I've been working on this last 5 lbs. for a month & a half.... It's time to go back to basics for me; no extra points, measure carefully, count points for everything, drink those 8 glasses of water every day. I really hope to make my goal before the end of August.
    As far as quick meals, one of my favorites is a pizza-flavored soy burger on a flax pita, with a slice of onion, slice of fat-free cheese, & a couple slices of sauted portabella mushrooms on top. A dollop of salsa or spaghetti sauce is a bonus. I've also done made it on light English muffins, too. The whole sandwich is like 4 ponts.

I still struggle with those late-night snacks, but I try to stick to things that are no more than 2 pts. (WW bars, yogurt, fruit, Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches (what a treat!), and things like rice cakes.

Look on the weight watchers site, they have a lot of good recipies that are easy & quick.

Debbie that is awesome! You are doing so great!

cyber-sibes, congrats to you on being so close to your goal! That is great!

Now, would you two stop sending those pounds down here to me?!

From Decker with Love

Lori i think they are sending them further a field ,down under to be exact lol, then of course they get transformed into kilos,which does not sound quite as bad,lets see twenty pounds or ten kilos, i like the number ten myself,but sadly its all the same.

These two are going great guns,keep at it,it is worth all the effort in the end.
    Furangels only lent.

*** Aug. 7th ***
    YIPPEE!!!!
    Gosh, was I surprised today when I stepped on that WW scale....
    I made my goal!!!!
    I've lost 40.2 lbs.!
    If I can maintain this weight for 6 weeks, I'll be a lifetime Member - yippee - no more monthly dues!
    My hubby has lost 32 lbs. so far, too. The woman sitting across from me also made goal today - she's lost 48 lbs!

Cyber-sibes - GREAT JOB!!!!

Debbie - keep up the good work!!!

I figured I would also post with an update. I weighed in last week and officially hit 50 lbs lost. I have another 50-60 to go to be at goal, then I would like to become either a receptionist or a leader for WW.

Everyone keep plugging along......you can do it!!!!

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Quote Originally Posted by catlover4ever
    Cyber-sibes - [SIZE=6]I figured I would also post with an update. I weighed in last week and officially hit 50 lbs lost. I have another 50-60 to go to be at goal, then I would like to become either a receptionist or a leader for WW.
    Congratulations! And look, you're half-way to your goal! Awesome!
    I love the leaders & receptionists, they've all got great success stories & really inspire me to keep going. I was amazed at last night's meeting by everyone whose lost 40, 50, 80, & more lbs. We had several people there for the first time, too, and I know they had to have been inspired. Our WW leader lost 110 lbs. and has kept it off now for 23 years. (She went in & out of WW several times, so she's a great example of not giving up, no matter what).

YAY!!

Wonderful news Cyber-sibes!! You must be so excited and I am very proud of you! Only a few weeks of maintenance and you get that LIFETIME!

Meg - FIFTY pounds is terrific!! Bet you are feeling so good

.....I can do it! I can do it, too!.....

I'm not on any program... I was loosing weight, but I got fat again with all the stress Chad was putting on me.. I've been eating better again & I'm far more active with my new friends, so I've been loosing... but I'm still not happy, as I lost so much weight & I finally felt like the old me & then blah...

Well Done everyone, what awesome results , you are all very inspiring, i have been having a real struggle, but can report some good news at long last, just lost my first 1.7 kgs this week,I am doing WW at home,i have twenty pounds to loose before December, so i am hoping i can continue and keep it up this time.

keep at it everyone,we shall all get there in the end.
    Furangels only lent.

Carole-I am trying to lose by the end of the year, also - 37 more pounds. You can lose that 20 pounds!! Shall we compete? Good for you following the program at home.
    Also - I have mentioned this before but a site I now use each day is Daily Plate. It tracks calories but is very compatible with WW in that each point is roughly 50 calories. This site has a "gold" pay version but I tried it and found it does not have much more than the FREE version so that is all I use now. It is such a nifty site and easy to use - tracks anything you eat and also will keep track of weight, fat index and charts everything too.