Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: fostering 3 kittens...PICS #22,#42,#47,58,70,#80-81, HS Website 88

Well, I am about to go brush my teeth and to try and not step on tails. They had a REALLY good feed.

I forgot to get a nite light for them, so will put a small lamp in. I am keeping the fan on.

They are on meds for runny poo...I hope that gets fixed shortly. Prayers for the wittle girls tummies, please.

Thanks for all the great thoughts. Nite nite.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Since they have runny poo, you may also want to try some canned pumpkin. Hopefully they'll like the taste of it or you can mix it in with some canned food. On Sat. I noticed that Blaze had some runny poo and ever since I began feeding them some Nature's Variety canned food that has some pumpkin in it, it's now cleared up. Good luck.

Aaawww- what sweet babies

That grey girl is adorable, but so are the others! I hope their tummies are better already.

Kisses to them all!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

She reminds me so much of Giz! If her personality is anything like Giz's, she would be so MUCH fun!!

They are all so cute and all you posting these kitten pictures make me want them ALL! They are all so sweet looking and I just want to scoop them all up and love them to pieces!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

The tortie is Giz...who has been the 'first' in everything, including mewing to be PICKED UP and cuddled. Also, she slipped out yesterday, and saw Oscar from a few feet away.

She turned herself into a little bottle brush, wee back fully arched, ears back! Tortietude!

All three slipped out this morning (quarantine is up) and the two grey ones started down the hall (Giz went her own way exploring my bedroom). Oscar sniffed noses with the one, and hissed. No hackles - just hissed twice. Cole sat to one side and watched - I mean, it was all over in 5 seconds. The grey ones didn't hiss or react - it was more like they stopped in their tracks with a "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT????" Oscar DOES look pretty huge in comparison.

Amy has a foot fetish...wraps herself around my socked foot and uses claws and tiny teeth. At ten weeks, the claws can really be felt OW. This morning I went in with velcro strapped runners. Amy paused only a moment, then started to attack the velcro strips!

Poops have firmed up a bit - all goes well!

ETA: Still need a name for the darker grey girl. They are all sisters. Will try and post a better pic of her later.

KAK - missed your post somehow...I am not to change the food from the HS; they have 3 doses of meds left and hopefully that will do it (then I will wash my floor!). They have the coccidia med, so I am assuming that is what they have. But thanks so much!

I am totally in love with all three of them!! I have wanted a grey/silver/blue tabby for a long time. There was one when I adopted Jax, but it didn't look like these little girls. TOO CUTE!!!

A possible name for the dark grey girl....Abby. Like today's COTD. Plus it's a cute name. (Or you could spell it Abbie.) OR Gabby, for Grey tABBY. That's silly, I know. hee hee

That little tortie face is just too darn cute. I love the grey strip on her nose. Ugh, I can't stand it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am secretly (well, I guess not that secretly) hoping you are a foster failure for at least one of them.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Aweee they are all three such Cutie Sweetie Pies.. No Taccoa has more tabby in her markings.. Candice are you going to keep any of them??
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Hee hee, they are so darling! I want to pet each one!

This kitty reminds me of Paizly, Pinot, Angel and Giz, and I wonder if lvpets2002's Taccoa looked like this when she was a widdle one.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

They are so adorable. Have fun. I really just don't know if I can foster much more...I get too attached too quickly...it's fun while they are here but letting go can be so hard too but at certains it might be a relief to get things semi-back to normal but the joys of kittens are wonderful.

You know - as cute and lovely as these three are (Giz actually mews to be picked up and held!), I love my big boys.

I was reading the other day, with Oscar on my lap; he was purring with his green eyes half-closed - and, as he often does, he rested his chin on my arm while looking at me that way. AWWWW!

I am in no current danger of failing Fostering 101. Maybe I just haven't met the right kitten yet....

Little ones got out last night...Giz, of course, went her own way, exploring my bedroom. The two grey ones went down the hall and STOPPED as an Oscar Monster was there.

Oscar sniffed noses with one of the grey ones, then hissed. He sat down again and hissed once more. But no hackles up.

Not sure about the kittens' tummies yet. The poo looked a bit better last night, but not so much this morning or tonight. Gave them another dose of meds, and they have one more left for the morning.

I decided it was time to move their litter box out of the way and get out some Melaleuca, hot water, rubber gloves and rag&scrubbie.

Someone tell me - a main ingredient of kitten poo is Crazy Glue, right?

So far, so good. Will try and get some lap pics soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    The tortie is Giz...who has been the 'first' in everything, including mewing to be PICKED UP and cuddled. Also, she slipped out yesterday, and saw Oscar from a few feet away.

She turned herself into a little bottle brush, wee back fully arched, ears back! Tortietude!

All three slipped out this morning (quarantine is up) and the two grey ones started down the hall (Giz went her own way exploring my bedroom). Oscar sniffed noses with the one, and hissed. No hackles - just hissed twice. Cole sat to one side and watched - I mean, it was all over in 5 seconds. The grey ones didn't hiss or react - it was more like they stopped in their tracks with a "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT????" Oscar DOES look pretty huge in comparison.

Amy has a foot fetish...wraps herself around my socked foot and uses claws and tiny teeth. At ten weeks, the claws can really be felt OW. This morning I went in with velcro strapped runners. Amy paused only a moment, then started to attack the velcro strips!

Poops have firmed up a bit - all goes well!

ETA: Still need a name for the darker grey girl. They are all sisters. Will try and post a better pic of her later.

KAK - missed your post somehow...I am not to change the food from the HS; they have 3 doses of meds left and hopefully that will do it (then I will wash my floor!). They have the coccidia med, so I am assuming that is what they have. But thanks so much!
    Have they also been tested for giardia? One of the cats in the shelter with Cassie had that when I adopted her. They wanted me to give her Flagyl when I first brought her home, but I decided not to medicate her unless she tested positive first, which she (fortunately) didn't.

If the mystery ingredient in kitteh poop isn't crazy glue then it must be mucilage. Yuck. Happens to my senior kittyzen every now and then.

Please give your big guys some big-guy hugs from me!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

cassiesmom - I left a message for the vet tech last night; they go in for their shots tomorrow, and will ask again. Will take a sample in. They don't seem to be pooping as much as they were.

Here are pics from today...very few, as they were ACTIVE! I was hoping to get snuggly lap pics!

Giz, the baddest and bravest:

Cirrus:

Amy, ready to pounce:

Will try to get more later... lol

I took them in their carrier to the living room. Oscar went and hid behind the couch.

Cole went to the carrier and sniffed the 3 eager noses that were sniffing back. He did this a couple of times then walked a few feet away and just sat, looking at the carrier. No hissing or growling on either part.

I consoled Oscar (WIMP!), and took one kitten out - Giz, of course!

She went on her merry way, finding one scratching post - she and Cole had a good long nose sniff...no sound or puffing of fur from Cole. Giz toddled to the other side of the living room, tried out the base of the scratching tree, then wandered over to the lazyboy chair, where Oscar was crouched. When she finally decided to notice him , there was another nose-sniff. Oscar gave a great big hiss, but no other noise. Giz was completely unfazed by this!

Because Oscar started life as a feral cat, I keep an especially close eye on him and the kitten.

I put Giz back in the carrier and ported the three of them back to their room. Out scooted Oscar - he had been in there smelling everything.

That's the latest excitement...Giz loves cuddles the most and YELLS for them in her kitten voice!

ha!.. how can one not fail with such cuties!!.. and when the fact they all seem to get along so far.. esp. Giz.. what a girl.. lol..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Awee they are such Cutie Pies.. Now Candace dont you want atleast 1 baby.. Well of course Giz has a Cattitude = she is tortie.. Meaning she is normal..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Turned out that they were not getting shots this am...it was their deworming.

I had left a message for Liz, the vet tech, about the continued diarrhea even after 5 days of Metrodinazole. She had a new med for me - Clavaseptin.

The vet there told me that the three I have came in with another three smaller kittens (different litter, but all came together). The smaller ones had the diarrhea, were losing weight and going downhill fast - the Clavaseptin cleared them up! Obviously there could be an infection as well as parasites in these wittle ones.

Giz has to get her bum washed as she has an inflammation...they gave me ointment too. She was NOT happy about that! I also got warm soapy water and vinegar and washed the floor, carrier, litter tray - it's all clean. Hopefully the poops will be normal soon.

However, they are happy and playful and eat like little piggies. I was in there a bit ago, sitting on the edge of the tub, and both Amy and Giz had to climb up to my lap. AAK! And no camera nearby!

Just before Giz jumped up, a pool of brownish water left her and landed on the floor. Maybe it was from the bath, or an infection started to let go?

Everything is nice and clean now, and I look forward to reporting healthy kittens and providing more pics!