Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Need To Rehome Cirrus

No reason to beat yourself up. You're making every effort to get Cirrus the forever home he deserves. Good luck.

Me, I was looking at the cats for adoption at Petsmart and wondering if Don Juan would like a "Leporello." But I worry that he's been an "only cat" too long.

LIz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

Oh Tracey, I'm so sorry to hear this. What a difficult decision for you to have to make, but it shows that you only have your kitty's best interests at heart.

Isn't Cirrus considered part Bengal? And isn't that what SAS's Ti was? Is the need to be top-cat and aggression character traits of Bengals? Just curious because that would definitely be something that a potential adopter should know.

I sure hope the other foster home works out for him as I know it would really ease stress all around - you, Storm and Cirrus himself.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Oh Tracey, I'm so sorry you've had to make such a difficult decision.

*HUGS*

Lots of luck to you and Cirrus.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I'm so sorry to hear this, Tracey. This must be an extremely difficult decision for you. I hope you will be able to find a nice home where Cirrus can be happy as the only cat.

I'm so sorry to hear things aren't working out. Integrating different kitty purrsonalities is not an easy thing!

I wish the best for you and Cirrus. I hope the perfect person comes along soon!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Thanks again everyone. I'm so glad that I have your support about this difficult decision. Julie called me this morning and she's unable to foster Cirris at this time because she has another male that still needs to neutered and she wants to work with him one on one. She said that Tina should be able to find a place for him though and she's the lady that was working with Cirrus before I adopted him. I e-mailed her and hopefully everything will work out. I'll let you know. Thanks again.

That's a shame, that would have been a good solution. I'm sure that something even better will come along for Cirrus though!

This Saturday morning I'm going to be giving Cirrus back to his former rescue group. I know I'm doing the right thing because Storm's currently sick with a UTI and I know that he needs to be as stress free as possible. Cirrus will be living at an animal clinic until a foster home opens up for him. I hope that this will happen soon but I know it's kitten season and most foster people already have their homes full of fosters. I'm going to miss him terribly but I have to do what's best for both me and my furkids.

Thanks again for all of your support.

I have tears in my eyes for you. Such a hard thing to do. Now that the time has actually come, it is more REAL. This is it.....no more Cirrus. I am so heartbroken, so I can only image how much worse off you are. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Poor Cirrus.

Tracey, you know you're doing what's best for everyone involved. I know this is very hard for you, but knowing Storm needs Cirrus to be gone will help you to know you are making the right decision.

{{{hugs}}}
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Oh my gosh! I can't believe that I just found this!!! I'm so sorry to hear about what happened with Cirrus. You did the right thing, even though it was very difficult. But, you had to do what was right for you and the other kitties in your family. **hugs**
    Do you think the rescue group will keep you updated on where Cirrus goes? It would be nice to still have some tabs on him and to make sure he finds a new family.

**hugs**

I just found this thread too.
    I'm so sorry that you have to rehome Cirrus.
    Hopefully they will keep you updated when he finds a new home.
    Hugs to you.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Tracey. Cirrus is going to be fine. I just know it. Please keep your chin up and know that you have done the right thing for your family.

Logan

Thanks again everyone for all of your support. Yes, the rescue group will be able to keep me updated. The lady who was my main contact is moving back to Canada with her fiance and she's given me the name and e-mail address of another lady who will keep me updated about him.

Cirrus is still living at the animal hospital and is doing well. The rescue group also has his picture and bio on their website. My furkids are also doing very well but I do think that both Sunny and Sky miss being able to play with Cirrus. They seem so bored at times. Storm, however, doesn't miss Cirrus at all. He's in heaven and is now stress free again. He had another urinalysis yesterday and I should have the results by tomorrow morning. I sure hope he's back to normal.

I'm also doing well and although it was a very difficult decision, I know that I did the right thing. I'll always miss Cirrus and remember all the wonderful times that I had with him. It sure seems strange only having 4 cats. It's almost too peaceful around here.