Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: anyone else suffer from chronic insomnia??

I just wanted to add one more thought. Doctors are human beings too
    and subject to the same failings as all of us. I trust my Dr too, but I also
    trust the way my body feels and it I wasn't getting the best results, I'd
    certainly say something about it.

I can just imagine all the "confusion" in a human body taking so many
    different things at the same time. I sure hope you get this cleared up
    soon. I know it's no fun at all for you.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I can well empathise i have had a sleep disorder for over 14 yrs now, and i thought things were bad until now, they are worse than ever, as i am at that time of life, where the hormones are crazy, i can get to sleep ok, but never can stay asleep, i just lie with my eyes closed, i never get up or go and watch tv or read, for me that is the worst thing i could do because i will develop a habit, a bad one, i just have to hope that i will eventually fall back to sleep, which i do,but i can lie there for hours some nights, each night is different, some worse than others.

I used to go to bed early ,now i go to bed quite late, and read myself to sleep, it works a bit better as the nights are now shorter, sometimes i lie there just waiting for a hint of daylight, hoping it is time to get up, luckily for me i can take a nap during the day, which i often do to make sure i get enough sleep .]

I also tried herbal tea that is especially for getting to sleep, it helped a little, well so i thought, but in hindsight think it really did not do to much.

I would never take medication for it, it would not work for me anyhow, i am one of those people because of another health problem never go into rem, so we are told anyhow.

I have no answers, but just know you are not alone, millions of people world wide have this problem, i can only wish for a solution that works for you and say sweet dreams.,i also wish that for myself lol.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

http://creativedreaming.org/patricia-garfield/

Ditch the meds and get to bed.

I can put myself to sleep so fast I don't even THINK about it.

Unless I am really stressed out? I can knock myself out in less than 5 minutes and even DREAM WHAT I WANT.

----------------------

It's easier to drop a pill than it is to really take a few days to read, and a few evenings to practice, how to put yourself to sleep.

Read the book and try some of the techniques.

You are just lying there tossing and turning, put your mind to work.

It sounds like SoCal, Hippy, New Age horsecrap.

Maybe, but, I am not losing any sleep over it.

Pun intended.

---------------

Tell you what would make me lose sleep.

Worrying about the side of effects any medication.

I have been up since 4:15, I am going back to sleep.

Just had to update this thread.....

I found that LUNESTA has a "rest for less" care program, where you can get up to $50.00 off your prescription, even if you have a prescription plan (just not federally funded like medicare or medicaid....). I was so excited, cause even at my co-pay, with all my meds, my $10.00 co-pay can make or break me some months.

I just had to write about it, to let others know in case you didn't know. I got my first FREE prescription of LUNESTA today. I was so happy cause I had totally run out and I wasn't going to have money till Thursday, and even that is an iffy thing because of all my bills I'm trying to pay.

Oh, an update on the sleeping... I started taking Sonata, which helps me fall asleep (it's for insomnia), and I still take the Lunesta (to keep me asleep), and they are both working well.