Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What kind of dog do you have?

I have two wonderful long haired dachshunds. Barahona was my first, she will be 9 years old in December. She's seen me through college, 4 moves, one broken marriage and now my current marriage and growing family of human children:-) She is a black and tan with a lovely coat. Barahona is my "old soul" dog. There is an amazing strength and dignity about her, yet if she sees a child, all dignity is forgotten and she buries her face in their lap for pats and ear scratches. Last winter we almost lost her to a complication following a bladder stone surgery. After finding a new vet, undergoing a 3 hour operation to remove half her bladder, and a LONG recovery, she is back to her old self and almost none the worse for wear.
    Blue is a 6 year old dapple. She is my "clown" dog. There is no dignity with Blue! She lives life with an enviable gusto and unfailing happiness. She knows when you need a hug and a face-washing, and even if you dont, you'll get a few a day. She is as bouncy as a 6 month old puppy, and is one of those dogs that sleeps on her back with all legs splayed, and smiles by showing her toothy grin.
    I LOVE my doxies!!

i have 7 dogs sadie a 2yr german shepard, holly a 4 year old yellow lab, daisy and max 5 month old basset hounds, zeus a rottie 1yr, bo a 2 month dalmation/mutt. and buddy a lab/husky 3yrs

Barkmeow....
    You must have a wild household!!
    I thought mine was busy with 2 big dogs, 1 cat, 2 hamters and 4 hermit crabs!
    Good luck to you and all those puppies!

I have two female shiba inu's. one is 11 months and the other one is 5 months. They keep me very busy. They act like they are cats in a dogs body.

I have a Scottie named Madison.

I have an english bulldog...i love him. He is 5 months old

I grew up with an English Bulldog. Ben was a wonderful dog! Aren't they precious puppies? I know you love him.

Originally posted by Sudilar:
    I have 2 rescued GSDs: Killian and Shiloh.
    Su
    I have 2 German Shepherds also. 1 male named Ranger. He is blk/tan and he is 3 years-old. My other one is a 5 month old Female named Roxie. They are both funny when they play fight!!

[This message has been edited by Brandy76_2001 (edited October 14, 2000).]

I have A Harlequin Dane HIS NAME IS hARLEY AND A Chov Lab named Drake. I love them to pieces!!

I have an adorable Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.He loves to play and is the friendlyest dog in the world!He also loves to lick things.If a robber broke into our house he would probebly lick him to death!

Originally posted by ILoveDogs:
    I have a female cockerpoo (mini poodle/american cocker spaniel cross), named Cleo.
    I have a American Cocker spaniel and love him to dealth!

I have 2 rescued GSD that are my kids. The older one is perfect and the 18 month puppy is finally resolved to the fact that I am the Alpha in our pack.

I have three Dobies. I have the best of all the worlds as I have elderly, middle aged and puppy. My dobes are wonderful. Shannon the elder and wisest is 12 she has been resurected from the grave twice now through accupuncture and homeopathy. She is the best dog in the world and should be the embassador to the doberman breed. She is a pet therapist, has achieved a CDX tittle for obedience and is my very best friend.
    V.C. is 6 and is a rescue and newly aquired family member. He is HUGE! 120lbs all muscle he looks more like a dane then a dobe and he is red. He is a sweet boy he lets my three year old paint his nails. I call him the nanny as he babysits my daughter and the puppy. He is such a puppy himself at heart.
    The Puppy, Abby, otherwise known as "sawdust head" because we wonder if god have her sawdust instead of brains. She is sweet and smart, but, oh so puppyish at 7 months. She has Von Willbrand's disease and Dry sockets. She is very accident prone too. Abby is teaching my daughter the art of picking up her toys or they will be chewed.

That is my dog family. They are so cool. I love them all and can't imagine a day without one of their doberman antics.

Hi Everyone! Love all your replys. I'm new to the forum and just love hearing everyone talk about how much they love THEIR dog! The stories are all so touching. I think we all can relate to that special love. And Karen, I hope you see this. The absolute LOVE OF MY LIFE was my precious Jingles, a yellow lab/golden mix that was just the best of two great breeds. I lost her two years ago this month and miss her so. Nothing can ever replace your first true love! I also have a shep/husky (x) named CODY! And now a new "baby" yellow lab named Star. (Labs never grow up!!) She was born almost to the minute that Jing crossed over to the Rainbow Bridge. She was given to me as a gift for that reason. We all believe the soul of Jing entered little Star's body at that moment. I named her Star because I think Jing sent down her spirit from heaven to be with me in another little vessel. At least I'de like to think so!

Your story is so coincidental. When our Kaycee had to be put to sleep due to a terrible battle with congestive heart failure, our precious Lilly was born the next day!!! I think God works in mysterious ways with life and death. I will be forever grateful for the company of Honey, and six weeks later, Baby Lilly, after Kaycee died. I certainly can understand your feelings about Star.